SDCC - property path update

hi there,

I have just discovered this website, so please bear with me if I ask things posted already!!
I have been offered to view Broadfield Hall.
Did you buy an apartment there?
If so, would you mind if I ask you some basic questions?
I would really appreciate some help- much obliged

hi ya, welcome.
im living in broadfield hall, put deposit down in august and have keys 3 weeks now. the place is lovely, really good finish. some teething probs as with all new developments but in reality nothing major. so are you going for a 1 or 2 bed?

Hi and thanks for the reply.
I am to view a one bed place, date yet to be announced!!
Delighted you are actually living there and can confirm it is actually nice.
Am i correct in saying that there are no floors, appliances and light fittings, but a fitted kitchen with spaces for your appliances and a build in wardrobe in the bedroom?
You waited from August to move in? Would you guess that the main problems are now sorted and the waiting period to move in is less?
I know you don't have a crystal ball.. but just asking..
Is the car parking included?
Are there many apartments occupied at this time?
Any tips and things to be on the lookout for would be greatly appreciated.. when you have a moment.

Many thanks, MarleneM

Hi Marlene
apartments are really well finished and good build i have been talking to some people that have moved in and every one seems really nice. you are only 5min walk from hospital, shopping centre and luas stop only 30 seconds from apartments. you do get a car space. new aldi store opening soon across the road every thing is really handy to get to. if you do decide to buy get someone to do snag list for you
wish you all the best what ever you do;)

Marlene, just to re-iterate what Andy is saying the place is in a great location, no noisey traffic to deal with, in the centre of things ie. transport, shops, bars, resturants etc. The complex itself is lovely and builders have a very high standard finish to the place, tiled splash back in kitchen and tiles done in the bathroom, and glass side on the bath itself. The kitchen, hallways and bathrooms all have spot lights too. All apts come with a storage/ utility room too and are a good size. The kitchen units are hiigh gloss cream and easy looked after and wiped down which is great when your actually living there and spillages are easily removed. The car park is a multi use carpark and its run by q park who have an office maned 24 hrs. all apts have a designated spot also included. Broadfield hall is made of 4 blocks. There are 2 enterances and only one lift that goes directly from the basement (carpark) to the block, that lift is in block 3 and can be used to access other block thru the communal courtyard.
if there is any more info you need just ask and ill answer if i can.

Ruth

Hi There,

Many thanks, it really sounds great, all I have to do now if to wait for the viewing date. At a huge guess, what is the time from saying yes after the viewing till I move in?
What percentage of the building would you say is occupied at this stage?
Do you know anyone who lives in a one bed?

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Marlene

Hi Andy, Thanks for the info, I went and had a look, and yes, the location is great,
I am so excited, was on list for 3 years and I cannot believe this is actually happening.
Do you live in Broadfield?
Regards, MarleneM

my next door neighbour is in a one bed and i think they are great value for money, but its all about personal taste and need also. Gosh i dont know what time frame you'd be looking at it all depends on how much snagging is needed etc. there are 58 affordable apts in broadfield hall and at the moment i'd say 20 or so have keys (theyre not necessarily lived in yet tho)

yes have bought a 2 bed hopefully will move in at weekend. if you would like to see what apartment is like i can let you see mine to see what you think of them and you can ask me all the questions you like about the place;)

Ah thats great news Andy I presumed you had moved in and all. Is it you ibe chatting to in the lift???Im guessing it is

ah i know who you are now i thought it was you the other night talking about your tv:D how is that working now

ach reception is still shyte, but better than nothing for the moment. its mad trying to pair up the faces with the names here, but ive met a few already.

Hi MarleneM I moved in a week ago and very pleased with apartment. Its taking shape and the place is very quiet. I would imagine if you buy, yours will go through a lot quicker than ours. Now that some people have moved in they will want to fill up the rest so the Management Company can take over. Its very central and the luas is great.

Good Luck,

Ruthie,
How did you get on with Skyconway. Did they come out and did reception improve. Dont fancy giving them money if the reception is awful Let me know how you get on.

yeah stuie the reception is much better today so i guess they had some guys in broadfield to try and boost the signal. didnt have anyone else in tho. i agree tho its so quiet around here at the moment. i really havent seen a siner in our block, your in block 2 right?

hey all
I have also noticed a big improvement in the tv reception today - was gonna phone them from work tomorrow to complain but its seems ok now - not perfect but much better than it was. RTE2 and BB2 are the worst but the rest ok! Will still ring them though!

Marlene - hope you get on well with the viewing - I'm living here since Friday and I love it. As the rest said its a great location, apartments have a great finish and everyone seems very nice and friendly which is great. It is a bit of a treck up and down to the car park ( i'm in block 1) but you get used to it and it doesnt seem to bad after a while.

Bye the way for anyone who is moving in I have a hand truck thing sitting on my balcony that anyone is more than welcome a lend of - it literally was the best thing I bought for the move!! Was great for bringing up loads of stuff in one go!! Even managed to get the dryer and oven up myself.....currys let me down very badly with delivery on them!

All the best
Dee

oh i hear ya with a hand truck, mine was also a god send, dont think mine is as heavy as yours but it did the job none the less!!

sorry ruth if it bothered ya!! was a god send though and all finished with it now!! Those halls echo so much!! Thank god I dont need to use it anymore but it ment I got everthing moved in very quickly - dread to think what it would have been like without it!

ah i didnt mean hear as in actually hear ya.. i mean i know what yours talking about !!!! heehee

Back