SDCC - property path update

Hi All, hope to close this week but Sols waiting to find out the amount for the cheque fo r Management Company. Signed off snag on Friday. Glad some of you are in there before me, great to get info on bins, keys, carpark etc. I will ask for code for door and see what happens. Those security guys were using codes. Good luck with the flooring hope you get sorted

hi all, just a quick post. my heating went on yesterday and i left it on over night, but when i went back at lunch the wall over the main radiator in the living room had cracked and plaster buckled. keek an eye out everyone!

sorry to here about that Ruthie you might have left it on to high, my own plumber said only leave on medium heat cos it would crack the plaster cos apartment needs time to ajust to the heat. thanks for the pm

well the builders told me to have it on high for the first 24 hrs coz one of the radiators didnt seem to be working as well as the others and they wanted to see what it was like today! just a pain in the bum now at this stage... kinda dissappointing

hey all - congrats to all of you who have moved in. Just been told by PP that I can sign off on Snag by Monday!!!
When you all signed off - did you get your keys that day? Or how long after did it take. My sol is trying to get the check processed now so that I can get the keys as quickly as poss.

nah you sign off on snag and then a date for closing should be set once your happy between your solr and council solr. it was 3 weeks for me, but it varies imsure.

3 weeks!!!! Thanks for that but I'll have a fit if I have to wait for 3 more weeks! I was under the impression that it would be 3 days max according to my sol. Sorry about your heating btw!

its up to timing of the cheque from bank arriving to your solr and if both your solr and the solr for the council having a day free together to close the sale. searches also have to be ordered and can take 2-3 days to arrive with your solr.

Does anybody know where the goods lift is ?

pressure is on, trying to get organised

as far as I know all the searches have been done. Solicitor seems fairly on top of things. To be honest she has been great. Really did a lot for me. So fingers crossed it happens sooner rather than later!

Stuie, as far as i know the goods lift is in block 3 but that will only bring you as far as the communal area level unless your in block 3. i invested in a small hand truck (was in lidl for €14.00 a few months ago) and honestly it was great for packin boxes on and wheeling them up a down. i havent used that lift, ive just been using block 2 lift, but nothing heavy has been brought up to apt yet. i think delivery men will have to use the stairs for bed s and sofa s

Thanks Ruthie, delivery men will have a fit. Im getting keys tomorrow hopefully,and did snag last Friday. signed with Sols today. Have to do final inspection tomorrow before getting keys. So if the Solicitor is on the ball it should go quickly deeday

Hey everyone

Its great things are finally moving for people. I was called to check on snag on Wednesday but wasnt' happy with it so have to come back to check snag again after a week or whatever. The builders did very little on my original snag. Its a lovely apartment though and I can't wait to move in. Just hope the builders get everything done this time.

Hi, Im in block d2, third floor, dont see anyone else around though. Got carpets in bedroom and flooring going down on Monday so getting there. No codes for door, we have to use keys. Will probably move in next weekend if I get furniture during week.

Hi All
went up to sign off to get keys only to find a damp patch in kitchen ceiling:( must be a leak in roof so dont know how long it will take to sort it, builder is not the quickest.

sorry to hear that Andy, its a pain alright, all these things never run smoothly.. sure ive still a massive crack in my wall that im trying to get sorted! Also was in apt last night doin some stuff and noticed that th ewater pressure was terrible, was fine all along, so ill have to nab builders again on site today.. im sure theyre sick of me at this stage!!!

Back