SDCC - property path update

Hi deedav
lets see how skyconway service is, there cheaper than ntl and sky and also you get multi room viewing free with them. i know they have not got good reviews but will give them ago. remember we have got to stick together and not take any crap from management company

congrats ruthie - have you signed off on your snag? Its great to hear that somebody has been given a firm idea of when to expect keys!

I know what you mean about staying positive - i am trying but getting so fustrated at this stage. Just want to know when so that I can book time of work and order my floors and stuff (which i need to re-measure) before the sales end.

Emma1980- i havent a cue i just presume they worked with all connections... will have to find out thanks!

Gosh i have my flooring in my mams sitting room deedav.. i had to tak eit straight away a couple of weeks ago coz of the price... she cant wait to see the back of me now!!! I signed off on my snag about 3 weeks ago but have to pop into apt the morning of the closing to make sure that the roof hasnt fallin in or somesuch!
I can understand totally your frustration deedav, ive had a hell of a week between one thing and another for the apt. life insurance company doin stuff wrong, solr getting wrong info etc... my phone bill will be sky high! Im just hoping all my stresses will dissapear (for a day or two at least) when i get my keys... then i can stress about bills

hi all, hope you all get sorted soon, went on a bit of a rant with CC on Friday, just fed up ringing and getting the story about keys not been back. They must think they are talking to children and that we are getting the apartments for free. Anyway actually got a ring from them since to say snag half done but its worth loosing it with them now and again to get a result. I hope its finished soon . Congrats Ruth on your closing date, we might all have to store our stuff in your apartment if we dont get in soon. Cant even think about TV connection yet. I went with Irish Life for Life Insurance and Allianz for contents insurance. They were cheap enough.

Fingers crossed you get sorted Stuie, it does seem to be taking forever, since most of us gave our deposits in August!
have to get contents insurance sorted, will do that nearer the time tho. does anyone knwo where the gas and esb meters are as ill want to take a meter reading on the friday morning before i get the keys...

Hi Everyone. I closed today. I was so happy. Then later in the day my broker rang me saying he heard Hooke and McDonald were putting the apartments on for private sale at reduced rates. The example he gave me was a 2 bed for €190,000.00. This is unbelievable if the "affordables" have been valued higher. If anyone has any info let me know. And dont close until you know the story. I dont think we could have bought for less, but it would have an impact on the clawbacks again.

hey suzie - just looked up Hooke McDonalds website and they do have them advertised at 190 for a 1 bed and 220 for the 2 bed - dont know if these are old or new prices though!

Congrats on closing!!

Congrats Susie.q great to hear at last someone got to the end!! Hope everything goes well with the moving in.

I havent seen any of the ads for properties in tallaght cross, altho i do know that SDCC have released some more affordables in tallaght cross lately, they are more expensive and start at 190K for one beds and they dont have parking either.

Hi All
the apartments in tallaght cross are going for 220,000 for a 2 bed they do not come with car park space you have to rent one. still our apartments are over valued by council our clawback should be alot lower and so should our management fees. i heard captain americas is closeing down

Havent heard anything about captain americas closing, i was in there today and it was packed!!

Im not thinking about over valuations anymore neither can i do anything about the mgt company fees until next year, im happy with what i got at the end of the day.

I rang my broker again to check where he heard about this price reduction. He heard it from another broker and said Hook and McDonald wont be announcing the new price for about 3 weeks. If it happens we should contact the council about it. Even if some of us have closed I think the council have an obligation to treat purchasers fairly. So if private sales are cheaper than our valuations surely they have to reduce our clawback.

No harm in sending in a letter outlining our concerns re: clawback. Mark SDCC in charge of snag lists is on holidays at moment so I dont know what that means.

Broadfield Hall

Hey,

Was just wondering has anyone had as much hassle as me with the property path I bought an apt in Broadfield Hall and have signed all the paperwork and drawn down my mortgage cheque but still havent got the keys, I had to draw down the cheque as my mortgage expired Jan 21st I dont mind that what I do however mind is how much chasing I have to do with SDCC and listen to all their excuses about snag list etc., thats when they do eventually decide to take your call !! but fingers crossed I hope to have the keys next week. Has anyone moved in yet ?

I was talking to Declan in the council today and he said the builder is only fixing snags that are urgent the rest he doing in his own time, thank god mine was fixed yesterday and I am going to sign it off in the next day or so, give Declan a call he is very helpful.

hey all
spoke to council today - well when i say spoke I mean lost the plot!! They are meeting with the builders tomorrow to try to get this sorted, as they claim they are gettin really p**sed off with us all ringing and harrassing them. God love them!!! But as I told her I can only be nice about it for so long and we are way past that stage now! She assured me that my apartment is on the urgent list and would personally talk to the builder tomorrow and get him to speed it up. My solicitor rang me today and told me that she is getting nowhere with them either. Its not on at this stage - its not like they are giving us the apartment for nothing we are buying it and deserve better than this. I think we have given them enough time - 6 months to snag and sign off on contract is enough.

Hey everyone,

Good news for me anyway I am signing off my final snag list on Monday, I say final snag list because 3 were done and the council have signed off my apt as finished and ready to move into so I hope to have the keys by the end of next week.
The council solicitor told my solicitor that the delay in getting the closing date was because I hadn't signed off on the snag list, obviously my pyschic powers werent working because I didn't even know it was ready until I rang the council, they never ring you about anything and god love them for being ****ed off at people ringing up its their job and as alot of people say we arent getting them for free.

Back