SDCC - property path update

If its any use to you Andy, I went with Irish Life and they were also very good, and cheap too!
So it doesnt look good for me getting my keys on Friday, solrs still havent sent out Block Insurance Policy and until then I aint goin' no where...:mad:

Hi All
did you guys get paper work for owner occupier tax relief from builder and how many is there ie forms
cheers

Hi Andy

There was a couple of docs that were sent with the contracts, i think they should be enough to apply for the tax relief. Then you would need to download the form from the revenue site and send it all in to your local tax office which would be tallaght.

Ruthie

The block insurance was sent to my solicitor by the councils solicitor so you shouldn't have too much trouble in getting that.

I'm still waiting on my snag to be done. I'll be old and grey...

Hi All
just got a call from ntl they say apartments not covered by them:confused: say we will have to use who ever management company got in ie skyconway

Seriously!!! thats crap.. I really thought we could have any provider once we didnt have a dish erected! So what do we do now????

Ok ive just called Sky conway and this is whst they have told me:-

Connection fee of €60.00
€15 per month thereafter includes RTE1, RTE2, TV3, TG4,UTV, Channel 4, BBC News, E4, MTV, Living TV, Living TV1,2, Virgin 1, Nickelodeon, Zone Reality and Film 4.

If you want to go the digital route:-

Connection Fee of €90.00
€5 per mont for use of the communal dish and whatever package you choose they install for you from SKY Digital.

I cant believe we dot get a choice of providers. Also seems like a very unrealiable company and have seen reviews of them on line which are at the least sh*te!

we can get on to management company ask for another provider ie sky communal dish if we can get 4 or more people and no connection fee. we should not have to pay skyconway connection fee as it is already connected up in apartment block. and if management company wont agree for another provider we can get on to competition authority about it. we should not take crap off M C

yeah i hate the idea of being ripped off, but as i understand it, sky conway have wired the block , so as far as i understand all wire's leading to tv points etc are owned by them.. we will never be able to use them.

Hi All
my solicitor told me that i can put a parking bolard in my parking space so nobody will be able to park in it. was in pryorsgate apartments today really nice 2 bed reduced 230,000 size 80sq metres and management fees only 1250

Has anyone confirmed if there are any visitor spaces. I asked my solicitor to check but she hasn't come back to me.

as far as i am aware there isnt any, but i could stand to be corrected.
carpark is €4.00 charge per day, but im sure you could swipe people in and out if they are visiting with our swipe card

Thanks Ruthie. I don't fancy telling friends they have to pay to visit me but seems there is no other option..

i feel the same, the only thing i was thinking is that if whomever is using the car aprk to visit, youwill have to down down wth them and swipe them out so they dont have to pay and walk back up to the apt. thats what ill be doin anyways!

hey all - thats crap about the tv. To be honest all these little things are now starting to really annoy me. PP obiously hadnt a clue what they were selling at the start of this process. The things they got wrong are maddening - like the tv - was assured that we could get NLT. The heating I was told originally was electric turned out to be gas. Was told there would be lift access to the carpak from my block - there is not! The list goes on.
Still waiting on my Snag list and pp have now reverted to their usual helpfull line of "your will be phoned when its ready" they dont seem to have a clue what is going on. Considering they gave me a date of closing of the 23rd of Jan I think they should be a little be more organised as to when we should expect to close. I just want to get organised at this stage!

oh forgot to check this - mailed Sky Conway myself and got the same figures as you Ruthie however she told me that the Sky Digital Connection Fee would be on top of their connection fee of €60 - can we not just go with sky on their own??

I know how you feel but im still trying to be positive!!! We cant go with Sky on our own coz we cannot let anyone else connect us to the dish that sky conway own... it has to go thru them. Im prob only going to go with the €15 per month and then eventually get my hands on a d*dgey box.

ive been given a closing date on the 6th Feb now.. so fingers and toes crossed it happens then, was meant to be this friday!

Back