RIP Thread for Notable People

John Ashton who played Det John Taggart .RIP. He was the cop in Beverly Hills Cop..

Last edited:
Rip Kris Kristofferson. Very good singer .

Dunno about him being a great singer but he truly was a poetic songwriter.

It's strange so many Irish C&W stars claim KK was one of their favourites and a classic example of the old Don Williams saying that country music is about people. But then you look at the sort of soft-focus shayte put out by our country singers here and the "hardest" lyrics on Ireland's many ubiquitous human problems might well be Big Tom's Four Roads From Glenamaddy: the word leaving or immigration is never heard in it.

Fat chance of getting anything hard-hitting from today's Irish C&W shower on house prices, hospital queues or drop-downs in NSs :( . . .

Dunno about him being a great singer but he truly was a poetic songwriter.

It's strange so many Irish C&W stars claim KK was one of their favourites and a classic example of the old Don Williams saying that country music is about people. But then you look at the sort of soft-focus shayte put out by our country singers here and the "hardest" lyrics on Ireland's many ubiquitous human problems might well be Big Tom's Four Roads From Glenamaddy: the word leaving or immigration is never heard in it.

Fat chance of getting anything hard-hitting from today's Irish C&W shower on house prices, hospital queues or drop-downs in NSs :( . . .
I understand it is the Late Late Show C&W special tonight and there will be tributes to Kris Kristoffensen. Will be interesting to see if it touches upon that or will just be soft focus \ singing of a song.

I was listening to a well known Irish country singer during the week on the six o clock show paying a tribute to Kris and it was a shocking tribute..... embarrassing even..

Billy Bagster , a League of Ireland legend with Pats , Longford & Monaghan has died .
I’ve never met a man with a more encyclopaedic knowledge of football & he was without doubt one of the wittiest and gentle of men .
May the sod rest gently on him .

Back