RIP Thread for Notable People

I think Gary Shaw is starring for Aston Villa on ITV4s retro slot on saturday mornings from 1982... match time revisited.
RIP.

I presume it's a repeat...?
Aired in 1982 and then I presume buried in the ITV vaults until recently when they started re-airing these episodes in a weekend morning slot on hybrid retro \ sport channel ITV4. A trip down hazy memory lane.

I never heard of Gary Shaw or Chad McQueen. Were they really notable people?
European Cup winner and 1st division winner with Aston Villa, equivalent of someone winning a Champions League and Premier league medal. Would have played for England had he not got injured.

Dormi bene Toto .
A player who epitomised the fairytale nature of football when he emerged from relative obscurity to become an Italian hero .
His ad for Smithwicks will long be remembered as will his attendance at the National ploughing championship.

Dormi bene Toto .
A player who epitomised the fairytale nature of football when he emerged from relative obscurity to become an Italian hero .
His ad for Smithwicks will long be remembered as will his attendance at the National ploughing championship.
He quite quickly disappeared back into relative obscurity after the world cup. Seven goals for Italy, sic at the 1990 world cup.

Back