Pregnant Woman - Told to cover her pregnant stomach

Threads like these just highlight reasons for employers not to hire a woman over a man! If I was an employer and read this I'd be terrified ,"employment law" "dress code" etc.

Then you'd be a very foolish employer.

Foolish to hire someone who I is entitled to go on maternity leave and be guaranteed a job on return while I have to pay to hire a train replacement in the interim?? Or while that woman is pregnant it is virtually impossible for me to dismiss her regardless of the reason for fear of being hit with a law suit which I could never possibly win??

Foolish to hire someone who I is entitled to go on maternity leave and be guaranteed a job on return while I have to pay to hire a train replacement in the interim?? Or while that woman is pregnant it is virtually impossible for me to dismiss her regardless of the reason for fear of being hit with a law suit which I could never possibly win??
What has this thread got to do with maternity leave or dismissing pregnant women? This thread is about dress code and bad management. How did this thread "just highlight reasons for employers not to hire a woman over a man"?

I am shocked at your boss for making this comment and I would take it high offensive to it.. Totally.... Slap her next time, only joking, but seriously, I would take her aside and ask what her problem is.
Being pregnant you are going to be extra sensitive etc and in no way shoudl you be treated like that. When I was pregnant, I loved my bump getting bigger and actually wore pregnancy clothes that fit around your bump and make you look bigger and I was very proud. If any woman or Man asked me to hide this bump, I would of got very upset....... I worked as a manager and had women and men on my team in a busy office meetin clients etc and never would I speak to anyone like this.
She - the manager obviously has issues but I would wear your clothes as normal and DONT hide your bump and if she brings this up again, I would have a word with her and then reprt it to senior management....... best of luck

Jim Davis: Its not about that, its about how she was spoke too and its not on.. hide her bump? Hide her pregnancy? Why? Is it a disease or something..
And while you bring up that topic, it frightens me tht I wil never get another job, when men think like you do and most employers are men! Have I a chance of getting another job since I am of the child bearing age...........

Back