Pregnant Woman - Told to cover her pregnant stomach

Just bide your time - then say to her one day, 'oh my god why didn't you tell me you were pregnant, congratulations, you are just glowing already - i'd say it's going to a big one!' :D

That the OP was upset and now you guys are making more jokes about people being pregnant.

I don't mind jokes or pregnant jokes but in this case the OP is upset so the jokes shouldn't be on this thread. Personally I don't even get the Carr joke.

In fairness OP was upset about what her boss said.... not about actually being pregnant. I think the Carr thing is actually fairly apt myself!.

That the OP was upset and now you guys are making more jokes about people being pregnant.

I think you are over reacting. Brendan posted his advice as did many others. The joke was an afterthought and I fail to see how it would upset the OP. In fact if you break it down, the joke is about not being pregnant in a way.

For those who don't get it and are interested: the guy offers a woman a seat because he thinks she is pregnant - turns out she is not, just overweight and upset at being mistaken for being pregnant...

Caveat, yea you're probably right maybe I'm overreacting. Thanks for the explaination of the joke. Have to say it's not one bit funny but each to their own.

Caveat, yea you're probably right maybe I'm overreacting. Thanks for the explaination of the joke. Have to say it's not one bit funny but each to their own.

Its supposed to be deadpan......

have to say, i found the jimmy carr quote hilarious.. even retold it to some of my friends.. and i'm 7 months pregnant! :)

to the OP - i would have found the same remark uncalled-for.. hopefully it was just someone being careless & wont happen again..

Totally OT now, but re Jimmy Carr I prefer:

"They say cats have nine lives.....which makes them ideal for experimentation of course"

Or

"Throwing acid is wrong ... in some people's eyes."

And just to say, yes BTW, I think the remark to the OP was totally inappropriate and insensitive. It also sounds like the manager now possibly realises this.

Could it be some form of jealousy on your managers part? I actually did work with a woman once who used to get extremely jealous, to the point of nastiness and tears, whenever any of the other women in the office got pregnant.

She only got over this reaction when she finally got pregnant herself.

And just to say, yes BTW, I think the remark to the OP was totally inappropriate and insensitive. It also sounds like the manager now possibly realises this.

If the manager did realise this she really should just apologise rather than making lame comments about whether the OP was cold. Totally pathetic.

Totally OT now, but re Jimmy Carr I prefer:

"They say cats have nine lives.....which makes them ideal for experimentation of course"

Or

"Throwing acid is wrong ... in some people's eyes."

I like;
A lady with a clipboard stopped me in the street the other day. She said, "Can you spare a few minutes for cancer research?" I said, "All right, but we're not going to get much done."

and

Is it fair to say that there'd be less litter in Britain if blind people were given pointed sticks?

and

I went up to the airport information desk. I said “How many airports are there in the world?”

Yep good ones :D

He did a slightly surreal one when I saw him too:

" I think it goes without saying ... ... "

If you want to annoy her get yourself a tshirt that says "does my bump look big in this"

Back