Parklands, Northwood, Santry

ok
I sent the following..

Hi
We were wondering whether you could look at the feasability of the new number 4 bus terminating within Northwood. There are probably close to 1800 residents of the developments at present, as well as a hotel and other planned developments.
Regards
xx+yy
cc Roisin Shortall TD
(TD D NW + Labour spokeperson for transport)

I also sent an email to Rosin Shortall. As well as being our local TD, I believe she is the Labour spokesperson on Transport.

( roisin.shortall@oireachtas.ie )

JD

we're only in the early days of major development.

i reckon its only a matter of time before a bus goes through the development.

if loads of people get on to dublin bus in the mean time though, it might speed things up.

just when i looked at my posts again - i dont think i mentioned - i got the reply from dublin bus on 20th april.

One other thing people in Northwood may want to check- the ELECTORAL REGISTER

[broken link removed]

Where does the no. 4 bus actually stop /start ? The Junction of Santry Ave & Ballymun Road?

Ok I have a question that might be likely to cause a little bit of debate but I'm curious. I'm Temple Court by the way!

Management Fee for the year is 1480 for a 2 bed apartment. No change on the last 2 years which is good news.
They give a list of the charges which are included in the fee.

Many of those charges do not apply to people with ground floor apartments e.g. lift maintenance, lift telephone line charges and window cleaning (they don't clean windows you can reach yourself which is all of the ground floor windows).

My question is this - should people with ground floor apartments have to pay for services which they don't benefit from. And no - there are no other charges that apply to ground floor apartments that don't apply to the others.

Aparently someone challenged this is the small claims court recently and won but I haven't seen any proof of this so can't say if thats true.

Any thoughts?

misguided said:
Aparently someone challenged this is the small claims court recently and won but I haven't seen any proof of this so can't say if thats true.

Any thoughts?

You would need this changed at the AGM of the management company, I think. If "someone" won at the small claims court, I guess the management company did not contest it.
jd

misguided said:
My question is this - should people with ground floor apartments have to pay for services which they don't benefit from. And no - there are no other charges that apply to ground floor apartments that don't apply to the others.

TBH, I think the system they have is pretty fair. The weightings are in the contracts when you buy anyway.

If "someone" won at the small claims court, I guess the management company did not contest it.

Sorry I should have said that this didn't happen in Northwood. A developer told me about it and that it might be something that management companies have to consider in the future.

The only issue that really bothers me is that we pay for everyone else to have their windows cleaned but not our own! I guess thats a matter for us to pick up with the management company as you say.

Hi Sue,

Just to answer your question re where the buses start- its starts at ballymun road (santry avenue) and goes to St Vincents Hospital via O'Connell Street.There are buses every 15 mins which is handy too.We should push for a bus service for Northwood.Im going to mail Dublin Bus now.

misguided said:
The only issue that really bothers me is that we pay for everyone else to have their windows cleaned but not our own! I guess thats a matter for us to pick up with the management company as you say.

All the communal windows are cleaned too! It would be difficult to work out how much of the bill is due to communal area work, and how much is due to the work on inaccessable apartment windows. The other point is we all benefit by having a well maintained development.

I would agree you should pay less if you on the ground floor etc. But these a facilities that everybody shares. If live on the ground floor does not mean you will never use the lift, it is like splitting hairs.

I'll have a groundfloor apartment myself and obviously, the cheaper the management fees the better. However, I'd agree with jdwex. I can't guarantee I will never use the lifts and a good proportion of the windows, from what I can see are communal.

Reply from Dublin Bus...

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are unable to operate into Northwood because it is a private road and also due to the size and amount of speed ramps on the ramp.

We did look at putting a stop on the road outside of road of Northwood but there is no pavement so we can't put one in.

That road will eventually be handed over to Fingal CO CO..

Looks like we should lobby fingal COCO to provide a pavement !!

jd

We should lobby Fingal to open the road as soon as possible cos we need that bus stop for gods sake! Why is everything in this country so long winded. There will be over 1,000 apartments in northwood soon and they cant build a bloody footpath! Why are paying 280,000+ for these apartments if there is no transport becuase of a footpath. Am i just being naive?

I see homebase is closing in the omni on June 1st and opening in Northwood on June 2nd. It might be worthwile keeping an eye out for sales there (omni)- I doubt they will try and move all the stock.

Hi all,

I got a reply from Dublin bus.It was the exact same email he sent Jdwex - word for word.Doesnt seem like they are gonna put one in.

Hi all,

At the weekend I saw people in Temple Gardens have 'car space savers'. They are bit like bollards or something. Does anybody how you go about purchasing one of these?

I would love to know where to get one of those space savers, there are people constantly parking in our spot - most annoying!

Back