Paris Olympics 2024

Great to see the interview again and to hear that there are people out there who agree with us. Great to be reminded we are that Irish citizen on the street and not just the keyboard jockeys in the dark dingy depths.

And despite a storming second leg by Rhasidat Adeleke, the Irish 4x400 relay team just miss out on a medal, finishing 4th behind GB.
USA took the gold and Netherlands took silver.

In the words of Nascar racing sensation Ricky Bobby...

"if ya ain't first.. yer last" :)

Last edited:
In the words of Nascar racing sensation Ricky Bobby...

"if ya ain't first.. yer last" :)
Yes, very true but sometimes in sporting events there comes a moment that transcends winning and this for me was one of those moments

In the final of the final race on the final night, four Irish girls tried to do something that up until a short while ago was unthinkable
and though they only came away with a "chocolate medal" in a race that saw 6 national records broken,
I will remember their names long after I've forgotten the twelve that finished before them :)

Well done girls!!

I’m delighted with the summaries of our participants performances at the Olympics here. I believe all our competitors gave of their best and were honest and truthful. Even this Ol’ leper became emotional after our four girls performances in the gruelling 4x400 relay final last night.

We shared their highs and their lows. We greatly appreciated their absolute dedication to reach the Olympics and their noble efforts to achieve, even when they didn't result in medals.

Congratulations to all of the athletes and all involved in Team Ireland for the most successful Olympics ever.

Long may it continue.

These were a great games. The 4*4 was one of the proudest sporting memories I can remember. To even have one athlete in a sprint final was amazing. To have a relay team in a sprint final is something I never thought I would see and to then see them run a best ever time to just miss out on a medal was incredible. They should be so proud of that achievement, as should all of our Oympians. I think I heard on the radio yesterday that almost half of our Olympians had a top 10 finish in their event which is an amazing achievement.
Also kudos once again to RTE, their coverage was excellent and I love the balance they achieve between broadcasting events and giving time to panelists to discuss. A special mention to David Gillick, he really does a brilliant job trackside and got some great interviews.

Agree 100% but can I just mention Bernard Dunne if I haven't already? A former boxer who in his time suffered the vagaries of probably the worst adjudicated sport of all. He is a genuine strategic thinker and his suggestion of a high-performance unit for Irish boxing coaches is pure genius. Please keep him involved in the sport he obviously loves. I know he was, but I don't know what he does for a job other than the commentating/panel membership.

Bernard Dunne is a talented and personable man.

In 2018, he won an IFTA award for his series Mythical Legends, which brought to life Irish characters such as Cu Chulainn, Queen Medb, etc.

It was made for junior TV and was engaging and humorous.
I'd still fancy Cu Chulainn to take him in a fight though, especially if he enters warp spasm \ beserk mode.

Well done to our golden girls Katie-George Dunlevy and Linda Kelly who won the 28.3km road time trial.

Katie-George Dunlevy is awesome. She won this event for the third consecutive Paralympics. This is her fourth Paralympic gold medal; she also has three silvers.

Also, a shout out to our bronze medallists, Roísín Ní Riain and Orla Comerford.

Team Ireland now has 1 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze medals.

Back