November 3, 2020: Consolidated General Election.

Florida in general and Miami in particular, have that Cuban dynamic. They are strongly Republican.
It's that I'm talking about; the Archbishop of St. Louis having a letter read from every pulpit in his diocese basically telling people that they aren't proper Catholics if they don't vote for Trump.
That is unbelievable. You would have thought the RC church would support one of their own, especially a practising RC, against the amoral WASP. Ireland of the 50's was notable for the attempts of the RC church to interfere in politics. Yes they still get involved in referendums on what they see as moral issues but the idea of them guiding their flocks towards a political party in an election has long vanished.

That is unbelievable. You would have thought the RC church would support one of their own, especially a practising RC, against the amoral WASP. Ireland of the 50's was notable for the attempts of the RC church to interfere in politics. Yes they still get involved in referendums on what they see as moral issues but the idea of them guiding their flocks towards a political party in an election has long vanished.
In my experience the RC Church in the US is for the most part very conservative and intolerant.

You can now lay that off at 450. I don't know what could happen to cause KH to win the electoral college - maybe if Joe got run over by a bus, the EC can constitutionally elect a suitable replacement.

:)

This is a strange one. Into 440, then 430, now??
Biden has taken the lead in Georgia, so I guess its a done deal now. I will let this run a while for the craic, I only have €2 on it. Strange stuff indeed.

:)

This is a strange one. Into 440, then 430, now??
Biden has taken the lead in Georgia, so I guess its a done deal now. I will let this run a while for the craic, I only have €2 on it. Strange stuff indeed.

I thought you had multiples of that at stake!

I thought you had multiples of that at stake!

I do, but not on Harris. Im in the red for this one, the only way out is some bizarre, freak occurrence that propels Harris to the WH. That was the point of €2@1,000.
Even with her odds cut in half today, it only gives me a token return. Her odds would need to drop to less than 25/1 before I could even consider scrambling my way out!
Its only for novelty, I gave up doing the lotto and instead I place small token bets regularly on long forecast odds for sporting and political events. Much more fun.

Biden has overtaken Trump in Pennsylvania.

Update... Biden now ahead in Georgia also.

Last edited:
Why is counting taking so long? This is surely unprecedented in a US election?
I know there are lots of mail-in votes but my understanding is that these votes can be scanned electronically?
The longer the count takes is there a danger that it feeds into Trumps narrative of corrupt practices?

I know there are lots of mail-in votes but my understanding is that these votes can be scanned electronically?
The longer the count takes is there a danger that it feeds into Trumps narrative of corrupt practices?
Yes, it is frustrating. I don’t like that Trump has a 6% chance still according to Betfair. Ok unlikely, but not impossible.

It's actually pretty normal. Most of the states are still counting... It's just most of them are pretty clear. This year is unusual because so many are quite close. Florida in 2000 took weeks.

Most states have dates for receipt of things like military votes that extend up to a week after voting day. It's been the same for every election.

States have a deadline of a month after voting day to certify and decide delegates.

It's actually pretty normal. Most of the states are still counting... It's just most of them are pretty clear. This year is unusual because so many are quite close. Florida in 2000 took weeks.

Most states have dates for receipt of things like military votes that extend up to a week after voting day. It's been the same for every election.

States have a deadline of a month after voting day to certify and decide delegates.

The other factor... In some counties the GOP are contesting every vote or have requested judicial oversight. Means every vote is scanned by reps from both sides which is slowing things.

I think he is only browning at the moment. He should turn red fairly soon.. :mad:

So 'sleepy' Joe was just 'biding' his time, eh?
I hope Biden continues to take many Reagan-esque naps in office, does nothing to rock the boat or frighten the horses (or markets) - actually stay off boats and horses.

Can someone explain?
What I see is that Biden is .6% ahead of Trump in Pennsylvania with 2% remaining to be counted. How can that be claimed as final result?
Update: I now understand that it is the combined media outlets who call these results. Using their models they can assess when a lead is unassailable (99.7% certain) and therefore "declare" a winner; I presume they have never been wrong.

Also you can still easily bet €100k on Biden to win overall to win €5k.

Last edited:
Back