Newbury Wood, Clonshaugh, D.17

no problem annpg
yeah mine is signed aswell they can't even ask you for anymore payslips or financial information at this stage thats as far as i know because technically the money is yours and you've been approved and signed up so its legally binding at this stage

talk to ye later !

i am in the same position like annpg in regards to the 2nd round of snagging. i emailed tom earlier and haven't heard anything back yet. i only had two small faulty things on my snag list which were on the outside of the house, so i am wondering now if i should just go down there myself, look at it and sign off (if its repaired) as i don't need the keys....but wouldn't know if gate is open and they let me in....:confused:

the more months go by the more anxious i am getting. considering they originally said house is available from may - imagine - we could have paid already 4 months mortgage! but instead i flushed the money down the drain by giving it to my landlord :mad:

This site is great support I hope you will all be as good neighbours!! Hopefully the letter for snagging will be in the post when I get home from work....thanks guys!!!!

Sup!
Just got an email from my solicitor, he has received my contracts from the DCC Whoohoo!!!!
Does anyone know how long approx it was from signing and getting your first Snag done? Are the 2 even linked? Do you need to sign before they send the snag? This might be a stupid question so forgive me :)

when you go and sign with your solicitor he sends them back to dcc then the contact tom to say everything is ok give it about a wk after signing and ring tom to ask him has he received info on your contracts to say everything is ok
then its upto tom to send you out a letter to do your snag when you get that letter ring the foreman of site and ask him when you can go up to do your snag tom said you can do it anytime day or night but there isn't any electricity yet:)
i signed my contracts in july the last week but still haven't had my letter for snag yet waiting on it in post should be here today please god!

Hi everyone,

Im not new to this site I have been reading your postings since May and to be honest Im sick of the wait at this stage.
My Loan appoval was only for 3 mths and it expired last week so I had to go into the solicitors this morning and sign a new one.
Rang tom yesterday and he told me that his hands are tied at this stage all his work is done the land Registry and ESB are holding things up he also said the ESB have power for only 20 houses!! said he didnt want to promise I would be in by first or second week in September in case it doesnt happen. I have signed everything and done my snag 24th July he said i wouldnt be invited back out until the ESB are finished so im not very optimistic at this stage!!

I have signed everything and done my snag 24th July he said i wouldnt be invited back out to until the ESB are finished so im not very optimistic at this stage!!

same with me! did my snagging on july 23rd (i think it was - 1st tuesday of that week anyway) and got email from tom today saying that "realistically mid september" we get the keys :mad: i got really annoyed as i am hearing this for the last four months, just the month changes every time. he told me ESB have done the connections and they only need to do the meter reading (whatever that means as no electricity has been used yet :confused:) and then we can re-snag BUT originally he told me that we dont do the gas, electricity, water snagging as DCC gets someone to do it for us - so i love getting conflicting information :rolleyes:
i wonder how quick they (builders, DCC whoever is in "charge") act on all the outstanding issues IF everyone from the 57 houses withdraws now due to the delays. considering the house-market situation - it would be an interesting one.

Seemly they have to connect a meter at each house and TOM said that they do 4 houses per day and there on site at the moment. He also said that he told them to do the houses with there contracts signed first and they said thats not the way they work they do the first 20 first!! I got really annoyed with him on the phone and to be honest he didnt really care. Im trying to hold off on all the furniture people hassling me to take my stuff of them and if I go back and say end of sept dont think there going to be to happy!!
Were we go from here I really dont know.......................

Thanks for the info J59.

I know everybody's a bit freaked at this stage with the hold up but the way it looks to me is there holding on til everybody is at the same stage of waiting to get keys. I'm not sure if the plan was to put 20 people in then another 20 and so on but the way things looks everybody will be moving in around the same time. Pandemonium in Newbury Wood :) Its goin to look hilarious.

Well tom told me that esb were only connecting first 20houses from next wednesday...I dunno, he's telling us all conflicting stories. I'm very interested in the idea of all 57 (is it not 59??) of us pulling out due to delays...do you think esb might just get their act together then?????

I wonder would it be worth our while in contacting ESB directly, ourselves??? Just a thought??

My friend is in the same situation only not the same housing estate but she rang the ESB directly and they told her that her house isnt even on the list to be done!! Seemly the builder needs to give the details of the occupant of each house before the ESB will connect meter at your house.

Oh you're all speaking my mind, furniture, packing etc can't live in this limbo land for much longer. Kids goin back to school soon, had really hoped we'd be in before that. I'm going up there today unofficially to see what Alan the friendly gate man can tell me........will report back

I have to say, I am very happy about this forum and thread...it feels - for some weird reason - reassuring that I am not the only one being told funny stories i.e. conflicting information etc. :rolleyes:

Oh you're all speaking my mind, furniture, packing etc can't live in this limbo land for much longer. Kids goin back to school soon, had really hoped we'd be in before that. I'm going up there today unofficially to see what Alan the friendly gate man can tell me........will report back
Let us know Determined what Alan said. I keep calling him Andy, don't know where I got that name from, but he just takes it with a grin :p My daughter's birthday is at the end of September and I had hoped that we would celebrate it in our brand new garden...I was holding back with buying the presents as I don't like the idea of adding to the moving items that are already pileing up but it looks like I have to buy them now...I just hope we get it sorted, done & dusted ASAP. It's annoying to see all the furniture and electr.applicance sales in the stores and I can't avail of them yet because the apartment has limited space :(

I wonder would it be worth our while in contacting ESB directly, ourselves??? Just a thought??
I was thinking about that one, too. Wouldn't know who to call there though...

Well tom told me that esb were only connecting first 20houses
I was told the same - first 20 houses will have priority - so he said...:rolleyes: Well I am in one of the 1st ten and quite desperate at this stage.

I drove straight up the road right down to the end no one stopped me. A guy seemed to be working in no 59 but he never said aything to me and indeed ran before I could ask him anything.
Cables lying around mains box at end of no 55's garden but to be honest the place was dead.
No one in site office. A couple of what looked like cleaners in no's 20 onwards including a guy cleaning windows !!!!!!!!!!
No 1's back garden has no lawn, no 10's front window is smashed.......nothing happening in first 10 houses from what I could see.

To be honest I'm opening my mind up to October at this stage. Crap I know but.....well why can't those who haven't snagged do theirs. I could see things from my snag list which haven't been touched.

Determined to remain upbeat though, they do look fab. From the bottom of road where I am the view up the street is lovely :)

drove by newbury this morning

seen two big dumper trucks pulling in, and a sign outside it saying bord gais at work on behalf of someone not sure it was dcc as i was driving

going to be up there later though doing my snag list :)

Yeah good news J59, great to hear things still moving along. I passed yesterday too and saw the gas men.
I've started packing and it's HELL :(

I heard he confirmed that yes they would be starting tomorrow and doing 4-5 houses a day---------obviously hard work.
So if they start at no 1 that leaves nearly 3 wks before you and me have power j59 !!!!!!

:) good morning everyone. glad to hear for j that you could do your snagging. how did it go? in the process could you see if the gardens are properly fenced up now? when i did my snagging there were no garden doors on any of the houses and tom said that they'll add them soon. that was a few weeks ago so was wondering if it got sorted.

with the esb - it's a funny story, isn't it?! :rolleyes: tom told me a week and a half ago that esb started their "hard work" *cheekygrin* to connect the cables to the meter(box-joak)...but then again half of the info i get are just confusing me aka are conflicting information. so you guys heard that they 're on site today??? well that would mean that my house will definetely be "wired up" completely this week!!! :D

i was thinking to start packing now, too but i'm getting a nightmare if i just think of the kids room, let alone my own stuff :p ah i get the boxes today then. guys, keep me in the loop if you get any more info....this forum is great! (as said before)

Back