Newbury Wood, Clonshaugh, D.17

hi everyone

did my snag list
alot of minor stuff but not major stuff i thought it was loads but i was informed it wasn't that it could all be done in a day paint work was dreadful inside and out was told the whole lot had to be done again
all the house have back doors and fences

that gate at the end of the road has been completely blocked up there's no gate there anymore they've filled it in with bricks :)
my front garden hasn't been raked and seeded yet like the rest of the road :(
i'd say they'll get round to it though when everyone was doing their snag list did any of you notice the gutters had no stoppers at the end of them to stop the water coming out of the side of it instead of going down the actual drain keep an eye out because you'll need them on them to stop water flowing out onto your garden in heavy rain !

Hi guys, i was up there yesterday doing my snag, number 55 - i was very surprised with the finish as it was done to a very good standard (apart from the two dead rats in my back garden YUCK) regarding the whole road i actually think it looks magic.
while i was up there i seen the gas and esb companies doing there bit so all seems to be going well, mad nervous about the whole thing but excited at the same time,
was talking to tom earlier and said that we should have the keys before the end of September - fingers crossed.

Have to say that my paint work was awful too - and nothing major in my snag either...that's great about esb & gas! We'll be well settled for halloween!

Few major things wrong with my snag gaps in windows and back patio door all cracked! Most of my 2 page snag was in relation to PAINT....
I think we can safely say that the Painter is doing a rush job or he needs to find another TRADE...

Ooooh Bottom feeder you're my neighbour !!! You also have that esb box at end of your garden. What age are your kids ? mine are two girls 8 & 5..........
Still packing and if at all possible it's getting harder;(

Ok guys if we can pool our information shopping will be much easier. I'm in house type B (showhouse) no 56 and I'm just about ready to go out and buy electric appliances, carpet etc

So questions are.....

Dimensions on a wash mach, dish washer and hob are easy. I'm having problems with the oven and fridge freezer.

Can upper plinth be removed as was suggested to me to accommodate a taller fridge ? So far I have 60cm width x 180/193cm height

Cooker: I want a double oven. Is anybody else in this position and hoping we can cut the unit out below to fit one ?

Carpets : Anyone else work out what the sq footage is of stairs, landing and 3 beds ?

Anyone else getting floor tiles downstairs, maybe a tiler will give us both a good price if he's more than one job on the street !!!!!

What I can add to the pile is Hillarys Blinds, Paul O'Meara tel: 8369951
I got him to come out when I was snagging. He measured the whole house and gave me a good price. He now obviously has all our window measurements so it's handy if you wanted a quote.

hi ya D, 1 have 3 kids, 10 8 5, two boys and girl, there not with me full time though but will be there most wkends.

here is the measurements i got, so at ur own risk lol

Entrance Hallway
8sq yards
Window
35 inch width
52 inch length

Kitchen
12 sq yards + 2 sq yards (for piece where press is between sitting room & kitchen)
Utility Room 3 sq yards
Total for Utility and Kitchen = 17sq yards
Sliding Door
70 inch width
82.5 inch length

Sitting Room
19.5 Foot length
11 Foot width
Sliding Door
71.5 inch wide
82.5 inch length
Front window
62 inch width
46 inch length

Downstairs toilet
5 sq yards
Window
18 inch wide
28 inch length

Stairs
13 step stairs

2nd Floor

Landing
8 sq yards
Window
62 inch width
46 inch length

Bathroom
7.5 Foot length
4.5 foot width
Window
26.5 inch width
46.5 inch length

Master Bedroom
15 Foot length
10.5 Foot width
Window
62 inch width
46 inch length

2nd Bedroom
10 Foot width
13 Foot length
Window
62 inch width
46 inch length

Box Room
9 Foot length
8 Foot Width
Window
26.5 inch width
46 inch length

i'll give that number a bell RE blinds.

im also getting tiles for downstairs except for the sittingroom, the guy i use is a family member, i'll have a chat with him to see if he'd have the time to do others.

hi guys,

how are ye's doing it with the electr.appliances? some of ye stated you're going ahead to purchase them now but where will ye put them without a definite move in date? i'd love to buy mine now, too but i am worried that i still don't have the keys for the house when the supplier wants to deliver :confused:

i'll have the same problem with the cooker and fridge like determined....especially the fridge but we'll see, it'll all sort itself out :D

did you see the esb outside the 1st ten houses this week? = to the guys who did the snag this week.

Was that esb? I only saw the bluey/green vans (contractors) working on behalf of bord gais...didn't see esb...were they there??? Drove by again this morning but couldn't see a thing...did anyone ring tom to see if they showed up yesterday??? I'm almost embarrassed ringing him these days as Im sure he's sick talking to me!

Bottomfeeder sounds like you're doing the same as me. Tiling the left side of downstairs and wood flooring in living room ? I wanted to butt the tiling and flooring right up beside eachother but was told I have to have a bar between:(
Tks loads for all those measurements, can't wait for all the kids to meet. So exciting.
Alaska I've been told by all retailers that once chosen and paid for they can hold stock for approx 6 wks.
Considering we all expect to be in within 6wks now, I'd say we're safe to shop.
Harvey No***n is where I bought my bedroom furniture and they seem happy enough.
Baize house in Glasnevin, currys, etc all happy to hold stock for 4-6 wks.

I know this was discussed a while ago but my hearts in my mouth at the minute. I've just received an email from my solicitor stating,
"According to the documentation furnished you are required to sign the contracts and pay a deposit of €24,500.00 less any booking deposit that you have already paid."

So i've already paid €7,500 and now they want €17,000, hang on til i get out my wallet :(.

Can anyone shed some light on this because i just rang the DCC and they told me to get my solicitor to contact the developers.

I'm bricking it now because i can't afford this!

Don't worry. Exact same thing happened me 6 weeks ago. My solc contacted DCC who said forget about it - they didn't need the extra 17 grand at this point as we were so close to signing..I only ever paid the 7050 and nothing since. hth

Thanks for the quick reply Annpg. So do you think its OK to sign with it stating they want another €17,000?

Also did your contract say anything about the clawback because my solicitor said it doesn't say anything?

hi determined

my uncle asked me was i getting a double oven or single
he said you would have to cut out some of the press at the bottom to fit this but i think it can be done no problem also he said they should have cut out the counter for the hob to fit so i put it on the snag in the hope that they'll do it not sure if they will though its a bit senseless all the same not to!:)

hi guys, just wondering if anyone has the measurements for the dishwasher, fridge and oven (single)as i forgot to get them, thanks in advance

Well anyone have any news today???? I did see the esb there over weekend which is good I think....anyone spoken to tom yet this morning? I am getting a bit excited....

My youngest started school today :) one of the other kids in her class is moving into no 10. Her mum told me she was up there last week and they are still determined to have us all in before the end of the month. Evidently there was a problem with the gas, a leak on one of the pipes. I'm unsure whether to ring Tom but would really like to know WHEN we'll be in !!!!!!!

well i don't have much of good news i'm afraid. i got an email from tom on friday afternoon. he said that esb were on site but didn't start working :confused: yes, i replied to his email by asking what they were actually doing then. anyway he said because of these further delays, we wont be in before earliest end of september :(
i was really frustrated when i read that, especially because he actually said "quoting earliest end of september onwards" and that "onwards" word really annoyed me. he didn't mention gas, leaks or other things...but then again, we all get different information. let's hope we're in our houses ASAP as i am getting a bit desperate at this stage. :(

Alaska can you post his e-mail address as I find he's not so good at answering the phone and at least you get to say your bit with an e-mail.

Back