Key Post Methods to avoid/minimise Credit Card charges with Ryanair and Aer Lingus

Re: Using entropay.com to avoid Credit Card charges with Ryanair and Aer Lingus

I have set up my a/c a few weeks ago and I have forgotton most of the detials but I have not put any money in yet how do you transfer it to them I am with B/I . Do I just sent it up in the normal way and wait for activation code etc.

Have used a DEBIT card from Bishopstown Credit Union and have not had to pay booking charge.

Have not tried AerLingus though so not sure about that. If i use it i will let you all know.

Forgot to add that i had used it on Ryanair.

Last edited:

Have used a DEBIT card from Bishopstown Credit Union and have not had to pay booking charge.

That sucks. It would have been great to have a real, plastic card available here in Ireland that works with Ryanair.

Mastercard and Visa both have lots of different cards on offer. For example, besides Visa (the credit card) and Visa Electron (the debit card), there always also was a separate Visa Debit. I guess the same is happening with Mastercard here. There is a Mastercard credit card, a Mastercard Prepaid debit card and then another type of debit card, the one Bishopstown CU offer, that is not called "Mastercard Prepaid" and thus incurs charges.

From my research Entropay is worse than Neteller.

Neteller is free to get, whereas, Entropay costs EUR 7 to set up. I have been using Neteller to book about 5 Ryanair flights now, no problem and without paying any additional penny. Got to moneysavingexpert forum for consensus that Net+ is best for Ryanair.

That sucks. It would have been great to have a real, plastic card available here in Ireland that works with Ryanair.

Mastercard and Visa both have lots of different cards on offer. For example, besides Visa (the credit card) and Visa Electron (the debit card), there always also was a separate Visa Debit. I guess the same is happening with Mastercard here. There is a Mastercard credit card, a Mastercard Prepaid debit card and then another type of debit card, the one Bishopstown CU offer, that is not called "Mastercard Prepaid" and thus incurs charges.

The Bishopstown card doesnt incur any charges - I should have made that clearer. Sorry if that wasnt clear.:eek:

All my friends are getting me to book their flights now so my only complaint is that i should not have told my friends i have it as i am inundated with requests to book flights. Everyone wants to pay as little as possible to Ryanair.

Neteller is great

ok successfully booked flight with the card and loading is very simple so thanks all its great

How long does it take for money to go from you Bank of Ireland ac to the Neteller ac?

I applied for and received my Neteller prepaid Mastercard and subsequently used it to purchase 5 Ryanair return flights without a problem. Had to e-mail copy of driving licence and utility bill initially in order to qualify for card but worth the hassle. Prepaid Card can be topped up instantly by standard credit card but Neteller levy fee of 1.75% . I had to top up using my MBNA Visa card as Neteller did not seem to have the option to top up using my BOI Mastercard. It transpired that MBNA also levied a cash advance charge against me for using Neteller so bear that in mind. The best way to top up Neteller is by bank transfer.This takes three working days but there are no fees involved and you avoid the Ryanair admin fee in full.

I have a visa debit card and it is instant with that, although i did do from my bank account on thursday morning last and it is on netteller now, but debit cards some of them instant

I transferred money from my B/I ac on thursday afternoon and I just got an email from Neteller to say my credit had arrived but I had checked my account at about 4pm and it had not arrived but it obviously arrived in my account some time in the past 2 hours! I think you need to have a credit of 200 to 300 at least so that you can book flights when you see the cheap ones immediately.

Has anyone just purchased a card from a local shop/shopping centre and used it to book flights.

I transferred money from my B/I ac on thursday afternoon and I just got an email from Neteller to say my credit had arrived but I had checked my account at about 4pm and it had not arrived but it obviously arrived in my account some time in the past 2 hours! I think you need to have a credit of 200 to 300 at least so that you can book flights when you see the cheap ones immediately.

I agree.

Can I use one of these to pay for Ryanair flights without charge?

[broken link removed]

No, this card will not work. It is a Visa Debit. Only Visa Electron used to be free on Ryanair, not Visa Debit. But even that is not true anymore. It is Mastercard Prepaid that is free now. Just get a gift card that doubles as a Mastercard Prepaid from one of the many shopping centers in Ireland.

Hi

can anyone advise has aerlingus charged admin to handling charge, it doesnt seem to take off handling charge with my netteller prepaid, doesnt have the prepaid option on the drop down menu any ideas?

For Ryanair, the correct card right now is a a MasterCard Prepaid. For Aer Lingus, it is still Visa Electron. So a Neteller card will not help you here... you could get a virtual Entropay card (it has to be in Sterling to work as Visa Electron though).

Sorry to drag up an old thread but just want to check if my Aussie issued Mastercard prepaid card (it's a Commonwealth bank "Travel Money Card") will work on Ryan air. The first 4 digits are 5237.

Thanks

Tim

For Ryanair, the correct card right now is a a MasterCard Prepaid. For Aer Lingus, it is still Visa Electron. So a Neteller card will not help you here... you could get a virtual Entropay card (it has to be in Sterling to work as Visa Electron though).

just want to check if my Aussie issued Mastercard prepaid card [...]will work on Ryan air.

There is only one way to find out: Give it a try. Theoretically, it should if it is a Mastercard Prepaid. In practice, some issuers may be blacklisted.

I'm a frequent flyer and have been looking for a prepaid Mastercard to save money.

Is anyone here familiar with Moneybookers ? Is it a legitimate company?

I came across this advertisement on a webpage:

[broken link removed]

On the top right hand side of the page it clearly states:
'Save €5 on each flight with Ryanair'

I would very interested in any views. It seems reasonably priced and this statement appears to eliminate uncertainty about whether it works.
Has anyone used this particular card and found it to work?

Since you seem to be Dublin-based, why not just get the Dublin City Gift Card? Tried and proven. Zero fees.

Back