Key Post Methods to avoid/minimise Credit Card charges with Ryanair and Aer Lingus

How do you mean whats the difference?

If I book 2 passengers in one booking, and 2 passengers in another booking, and the 4 of us present ourselves together at the departure gate as one family, chances are we're going to sit together. Being in the same booking makes no difference. In fact, by the time your boarding pass is in your hand and you're at the gate, you're all the same anyway.

Yes you are right of course. You are all together anyway. When I booked my lot, I made a mistake the first time, and left 2 children to the dearer price ifykwim. But you cannot book children without an adult. So I had to book the children as an adult, fare-wise its all the one anyway, but unaccompanied minors cannot travel, so when they rocked up to check in, they would have had not record of an adult travellling with them. By linking the reservations, it showed they were not unaccompanied.
So, I guess the moral of the story is: Make sure you dont leave a child booking to Last!.

Qwerta369 We book flights with ryanair also and would also be interested in getting a Neteller Card, do you want to send me the link refer a friend? Have you been using this service long as i was looking at the website just now and checking out their terms & Conditions and they refer to fees in it, have you had feed deducted from your account ?

I keep using my Neteller card for Ryanair bookings all the time. Used it just this week. There are no fees for the kind of transactions I make (money in from my bank account, money out to Ryanair). Other stuff, such as using the card at an ATM, attracts fees. But if you use the card for Ryanair only, it is 100% free.

Qwerta

I tried opening the account in Ireland last week but when I entered my English address and then used a .ie e-mail address it prevented me from going any further so when I got back to England I tried again and I was asked to verify my identity by emailing them a copy of my passport and proof of address. I then got a call tonight just to verify everything was ok and I was told I could sign into my account after 30 minutes had elapsed.

I then clicked on the prepaid mastercard and it stated that it will take a couple of weeks for it to arrive to my address. I wasn't asked to pay any money for it although there is a link to activate the card once I receive it. I guess the £4 will be charged once I activate the card.

My question is can I lodge money to the account now while I am waiting for the card to arrive?? And is this money lodged by using a credit card or can I transfer it through a bank account?

Hi cashier,

I think you can lodge money straight away. There are charges if you lodge from a credit card. It's free to lodge from a debit card or bank account iirc.

Hi cashier,

I think you can lodge money straight away. There are charges if you lodge from a credit card. It's free to lodge from a debit card or bank account iirc.

Thank you qwerta, you have been very helpful:)

@cashier: There is no €4/£4 charge. The plastic card is as free as the virtual one. I can also confirm from personal experience that you can lodge your money now. You have a single Neteller account that all your Neteller cards draw from. Once your plastic card arrives, you will be able to use it to spend the money you have lodged.

@cashier: There is no €4/£4 charge. The plastic card is as free as the virtual one. I can also confirm from personal experience that you can lodge your money now. You have a single Neteller account that all your Neteller cards draw from. Once your plastic card arrives, you will be able to use it to spend the money you have lodged.

That's great,their website was a bit confusing. I could see that I had an account set up but wasn't sure how it all worked, so thanks for clarifying that. I will be looking forward to booking my next Ryanair trip:)

Just booked my Ryanair flight and it was great to click on the Neteller prepaid credit card when I was making my payment and not be charged extra for the pleasure. :D

I just my account set up with Neteller so all set to book! Only thing I did find I had a problem with them declining my transfer from AIB and it took nearly a week to sort out but its done now at least!! Thanks for all the info

It took me two years (!) to jump through all their hoops and get my Neteller account up and running. But now that it is done, everything is working smoothly and I have saved a good few quid when booking Ryanair.

It took me two years (!) to jump through all their hoops and get my Neteller account up and running. But now that it is done, everything is working smoothly and I have saved a good few quid when booking Ryanair.

2 years now that's a bit drastic. It took me three weeks. First of all I applied and they provided me with my account number and access to their version of internet banking then they requested I scan and email them copies of my passport and proof of address. Then I waited a couple of days for them to phone me so they could verify who I was. Next I applied for the card and that took 5 or 6 days to arrive, 3 or 4 days later the pin came. In the meantime I set up my bank details with Neteller and they informed me they had send a small sum of money to my bank account and once that showed up in my account I had to verify the sum they gave me on my account on their website ( which amount to 33p) only then could I transfer funds from my bank account into my Neteller account. They gave me all the details of the receiving bank which I think was Barclays. I made the deposit to Neteller and next day I was up and running.

I was thinking they have great security measures, pity the banks in Ireland didn't take such precautions when they were throwing out their millions in years gone by!

I have deleted my post, there is another thread "Admin Charges for Ryan air" which gives all the info about the Ryan Air Prepaid Mastercard!

Based on my recent experience of booking with Aer Lingus, am I correct in saying that it is not possible to avoid the 'handling fee' on AL no matter what card you use?

Back