Key Post Methods to avoid/minimise Credit Card charges with Ryanair and Aer Lingus

You need to get one from a country that issues them. Lloyds TSB or Halifax in Spain is a good choice.

You need to get one from a country that issues them. Lloyds TSB or Halifax in Spain is a good choice.

Can I get one in UK or does the fact it is a sterling area make that impractical? Would I have to open a Spanish bank account?

Can I get one in UK or does the fact it is a sterling area make that impractical?
You can if you have a UK address. I don't know of any UK banks that will open an account for someone with only an Irish address, besides Ulster Bank and First Trust, but neither of them issue VE cards in any case.

Would I have to open a Spanish bank account?
If you want a EUR account, I don't know of any other way. That's assuming that you have only an address in Ireland anyway.

Aer Lingus do not consider the virtual entropay card to be a Visa Electron.
I think the only way not to pay the AL handling fee is not to travel with Aer Lingus.

Aer Lingus do not consider the virtual entropay card to be a Visa Electron.
Aer Lingus do n ot consider a Euro virtual entropay card to be Visa Electron , however if you register for a Sterling virtual entropay card with a UK address you will be issued with a virtual entropay card commencing with the digits 4101 which is recognised as a Visa Electron.
Apologies if my earlier post was'nt clear on this.

Aer Lingus do n ot consider a Euro virtual entropay card to be Visa Electron , however if you register for a Sterling virtual entropay card with a UK address you will be issued with a virtual entropay card commencing with the digits 4101 which is recognised as a Visa Electron.
Apologies if my earlier post was'nt clear on this.

That used to be the case but not anymore unfortunately.

Now Entropay virtual visa card numbers, denominated in GBP, are recognised as Visa Debit (no longer Visa Electron) by the Aer Lingus website.

So, does Neteller still work for ROI based flights in euro i.e. you can avoid the admin fees?

I have just tried to book a flight using EntroPay virtual visa card, but I am still being charged €6.48 admin fee.

Tried to get a Ryanair Cash Passport

Hi

I tried to get a Ryanair Cash Passport online. I live and work in RoI but I used my NI bank details, a NI address and phone number. Email is gmail. So, each time I have been rejected at the final stage. I can only think of these reasons:
1. My computer IP address gives the game away? (I would doubt this because many UK residents may cross the border to work)
2. The system knows that my name is not on the house at that address? Postcode used.
3. The bank account numbers in some way tips off that it is a non resident account?

Any of these likely or has anyone any other ideas?

I would guess the first, if indeed Ryanair are utilising geo-blocking, which is surprising I must say.

Definitely not number 2 or 3 anyway.

Back