Lymewood Mews

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone told me there is already a playground in northwood? somewhere in behind that fence that they lock up in the evenings.

they gym is bad if your looking at it - but maybe if people call to visit they will have somewhere to park a car? seems like they've decided to sell all the car parking spaces?

whereabouts are the affordable apartments going? is it on the land directly opposite the three lymewood blocks? is that cosgrove homes?

i'm only doing my snag next week - sounds like there's already trouble and i dont even live there yet!! after waiting two years, excellent.

oh, and lucky, re the wooden floors thing - i'm only moving into a one bed and the underlay soundproofing stuff is costing me 550 euro - even then i'm gonna walk around in slippers or socks - if the people above dont bother putting down any soundproofing and proceed to stamp around, even though it'll create ill will as you say, i wont be shy about complaining - if i'm going to go to trouble not to disturb others i think its fair to expect the same back!

Hiya Vladamir,

Yes, indeed, there is already a playground over in the actual park, but as you will see, they have erected one in the grounds of our apartments also. The affordable housing is already built and these are beside the gym - a few fast growing trees against the fence would hide us away, however, accordingly to the builders, there's no plan for any additional greenery which means if your south facing, you have the gym, the gyms car park, the affordable housing and the playground to contend with or if you're north facing then you will be facing onto new business and apartment blocks in from of you!
As far as the wooden floors are concerned, I couldn't agree more, the reason we bought an apartment was due to the fact that most houses these days are timber framed and with that you can hear your neighbours, if it starts above us, there'll be issues also!

Hopefully, you won't have may problems snagging but for your own sake, I would invest in a professional as our guy saw things we hadn't a clue of, keep a particular eye on the windows and doors, that they're shutting properly and that all the locks are working and we had a little leak in the bathrooom that was causing the pump to go off continuously, but in all fairness, they really were very well finished, so you shouldn't have many problems, fingers crossed!

Oh and as far as the car parking spaces are concerned: the spaces at the gym are specific to the gym - we've yet to discover where they're actually putting the visitors car park here! When you sign your solicitor gives you your space number, the fastest you close, the closer to the door you get! It'd be a complete disaster for those on the ground floor north facing as they will have headlights in their front room continuously!

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, but have been reading posts over the last few days on Lymewood Mews.....I will be doing my snag in about a week on Block A top floor....I have a few simple questions/Things to say.

1. What is the best option for broadband/TV etc, as I keep hearing things about Magnet not being reliable and to be honest it looks a bit expensive for TV especially if you want Sky Sports etc (as far as I can see you don't get sky one!) I will need broadband for work for when I work from home, I think the best option might be a mixture between NTL and Magnet?....

2. Is the intercom Video, or sound only?

3. Is it true about the car park being assigned closer to the lift if you close earlier? I am on the top floor and Imagine will be one of the last to get snagged, seems a bit unfair....

4. I won't be able to see the playground or the Gym from where my apartment shall be, however it is up to the developers to change the development if they wish(sure I read it in the deal)...Just like they changed the gardens that I was supposed to have access to on top of block A, now only one or two apartments will!

5. Does anyone have any photos they can post up of there apartments and what they look like inside? Especially with blinds, floor boards, carpets, just to see what they look like as I won't have much time to decide etc..

6. Finally overall I am happy looking at the development, I think being close to the Gym will actually increase the property value and am happy it has a pool etc...has anyone used the exit close to the GYM, at the back of lymewood, is there a bus that goes down Santry Road, is there a stop close by? Also, looking at the plans are we to have a few shops and a bar/resteraunt close to Lymewood (Think it is right to block A)

Anyway, I look forward to any responses (Sorry for the amount of questions!)

Hi Easy Rider

I can help with some of your questions but not all!

1. Personally we've gone with NTL - we don't need broadband or the phone anyway and from stories we'd heard from friends, Magnet was more trouble than it was worth - having said that I think a lot of people in Block C took up their offer so maybe someone else will come back with their experience of it.

2. The intercom is sound and video (when someone rings your bell you'll be able to see them on the screen and talk to them).

3. As far as I know none of our spaces in Block C have been allotted - or if they have we've heard nothing about it so not sure about that. Check with Emma in Lyndonbarry.

4. The exit that I think you mean (at Geraldstown?) hasn't opened yet so you have to use the exit heading for the M50. The 13 and 13A go past this exit but there's no stop so you have to either head well into Ballymun for the first stop (and it's not the stop you can see on the main road it's further down) or go right towards the Ballymun Flats and get it there which adds about 10-15 mins onto your journey. My experience with the 13/A has not been good so I've tended to stick with heading out the Crowne Plaza side of the complex and getting any of the (many) buses that go past down the Swords Road. Wouldn't hold my breath about the bar/restaurant...

Good luck with it all.

Lucky - saw the playground over the weekend - had thought you had said it was behind Block C but I see it's behind Block B. What's the story now that you've checked out all avenues - is it going to be staying?

does anyone know if there's anywhere to leave a bicycle? i noted that there are a lof of bicycles on the balconies of the other apartment blocks on the way in (temple lawns/gardens?). is there carpet or what in the communal areas in lymewood? surely in winter if i have to bring a bicycle through the block to leave it on my balcony i'll make an awful mess?!

stevie - from the time you rang the crowd about the blinds - to the time they came out and measured up and then came back again and fitted them - how long did that take? thanks.

Hiya Muffin,

Yep, its behind Block B and effects all South facing in Block B & C. According to Fingal Co. Co, the only way it will be dealt with if all the resident object, so we'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, yes, our management fee is covering the costs of the insurance. Still no idea if there is going to be security to vet the residents and non-resident users - No trees are planned to hide it and no trees are planned to block up from facing the gym and Geraldstown woods - what did you make of it? Bit of an eye sore, dont ya think?

Hi all,

This is my first time on the site! I live in block C. Absolutely love it. I feel like I am going on holiday everytime I come home!!!

The show ecoeye did a segment on sound proofing timber flooring in the last two years! It involved using sand which absorbes vibration. I don't know who installs it but it is definitely worth looking into!

Does anyone know when we are getting the underground car park spaces?

Hi all,

Great to still hear all the feedback about Lymewood. I am getting vertical blinds in the living room, just go a quote of 630euro from the large window/patio here.
Not sure how that comes in price wise, am i paying too much or is that average, anyone else get verticals and if so what was the cost ?

Would be grateful for any recommendations.

Thanks
Mac

Hi all,

That seems to be a good price alright, we got wooden slatted blinds for all windows with the exception of the balcony Eur 950 - looking at about 2K for curtains - can anyone recommend anyone who does curtains for the balconies and if so, any idea of price as I reckin 2K is a bit excessive!

Thanks for the help!

Hi Lucky,

The guy thats doing my blinds quoted me between 1000 - 1200 for curtains depending on the material of the curtains.
So yeah they are VERY expensive, mainly because the rail has to be custom made.

Mac

Thanks Mac, still not as bad as 2k - would you mind forwarding me the details?

Thanks a mill

Hi Mac,

Received with thanks, have contacted the guy and will let you know how I get on!!

Best regards
Lucky

Hi all,

Playground - are all residents happy to cover costs of insurance from management fees? Shouldn't we have been consulted first as we didn't even expect a playground?

Curtains - anyone know how to hang curtains in living room? Do curtain rails need to be custom-made for bay-type windows?

Many thanks!

Hey Lucky

Only got a glimpse of the playground from the carpark so haven't have a good look at it yet. We can't see if from our apartment but I can understand how frustrating it must be for you to be looking straight out onto it and would share your concerns re insurance, people hanging around etc. I reckon the best time to bring it up is when the residents meeting is called by the management company. I wonder how many people have moved in with children?

I checked out about the underground carpark (Block C) and supposedly it'll be ready in a couple of weeks and we've been given our carspace number.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.