How many people are they expecting for the ICTU march on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree elefantfresh.
I think this is a fundamental problem that we in this country have,in that we have a choice of voting for tweedle de or tweedle dum,and the other tweedles,now this in not much of a choice is it? And yet we are doing the right thing by voting.

Its the same with the march, its the unions leading it,or as you say the shinners next week,so once again we are left with very little choice.

I suppose for me I do want to support a protest against the government but I believe that the unions will see it as major win for them..not us.

I have said it before that someone brave in opposition needs to stand up and be counted and organise a peaceful protest ,calling for the exit of the present government.
But I dont think anyone is prepared to do just that!

I mentioned these guys in my previous post - they seem to be up to something that could be good.

"A new alliance of political parties has threatened today to embark on a campaign of sustained resistance on the streets to force the Government out of office"

A campaign of sustained resistance - as long as that was peaceful and all legal I think that could be an option.

Saying that, I don't even know what I'm protesting against anymore - these guys in charge have just mentally battered me to bits. So I may as well show up on Saturday and get physically battered while I'm at it! Ha ha!

All left wing ,,unions/Richard Boyd Barret.
There is a definite need for a moderate/centre party..

All left wing ,,unions/Richard Boyd Barret.
There is a definite need for a moderate/centre party..

Presumably a non marching , non reactionary party aimed solely at the middle classes - where are the PD's when you need them ?

Marching is a waste of time and its a tired idea. Marches are usually infiltrated by various rent-a-crowds anticipating just more recognition of their plight e.g. ban-the-bomb, keep-the-soccer-crowd out of Croke Park, bring-back-the-free-plastic-bag etc. Furthermore, nobody pays any heed to marches.

We need an Irish protest for an Irish situation. Can anybody think of an original and effective form of protest?

Presumably a non marching , non reactionary party aimed solely at the middle classes - where are the PD's when you need them ?
Sounds very civilised to me.
There are other ways than shouting your head off,in an angry confrontational manner ..

Sounds very civilised to me.
There are other ways than shouting your head off,in an angry confrontational manner ..

And you are going to start this political part when ?

Or simply wait at home and hope somebody else does it ?

And you are going to start this political part when ?

Or simply wait at home and hope somebody else does it ?

You make it sound like being middle class is offence.

However,like we all found out, talking reasonably and challenging views in a coherent non threatening manner and tackling issues using the ballot box have always been my way of dealing with things.

Not going on a march led by unions who have done more than their own fair share of messing up the economy,Or would that more likely make me part of the problem by supporting them..Does that make me middle class?

I would love to hear what your definition is of middle class is?

Last edited:

Delightful sidestep.

When are you starting this moderate party or are you simply waiting for someone else to do so ?

When I suggested that what you wanted was a non marching , non reactionary party for the middle class you commented that that was a delightful idea - presumably as such you have no problem in putting yourself firmly in that category ?

Never mentioned the word delightful..if you are going to quote me ..get it right....Nice red herring ..again...

Never mentioned the word delightful..if you are going to quote me ..get it right....Nice red herring ..again...

Quite right . I stand corrected .

You said it sounded " very civilised " to you - not really a hell of a difference.

So when are you starting this moderate party or are you simply waiting for somebody else to do so ?

A simple question I would have thought ?

Civilised; marked by refinement in taste and manners.So a non confrontational march sounds civilised to me,but you infer you have an issue with this.

Delightful; very pleasing, beautiful, charming.Eh no, this does not define a non confrontational march,in my world anyway..

I don't catch red herrings,was never into fishing..
Perhaps you will find time to give me your definition of middle class?
You are the one who said this type of party would be aimed solely at the middle classes,infering that working class people would not want this..now that is just strange..and very unfair to the working classes.

Last edited:

Middle class , let's see - nice semi in nice recession untouched area , no worries about negative equity , income well over average industrial wage, kid or kids in college , regular holidays in Europe -France perhaps ?

Now that I've put my crystal ball away when are you starting this moderate party or are you waiting for somebody else to do so ?

4th time I've asked this question , no reply so far - any chance of an answer?

You had to get a crystal ball to say how you define the middle classes??
Are you referring to me re the middle class description or do you mean the middle class as a whole?
Do you have an problem with the middle class?
For the 4th time..I don't do fishing...

Now that I've put my crystal ball away when are you starting this moderate party or are you waiting for somebody else to do so ?

4th time I've asked this question , no reply so far - any chance of an answer?
If you give me the money required to start up a new political entity, I'd be delighted.
PM me, and we can work out a bank transfer into my non-Irish bank account.

I really think people should declare when they have a vested interest in a particular party/union etc..as it has become clear that some posters are only interested in defending a particular sector..this is made even clearer when you see ALL their posts are related to one subject and one only..clean hands and all that..

I have no affiliation to any party left right or centre.I was never and probably will never be a member of any party, I was in a union.. I left that union,reasons have been posted lots of times.I was in the Public sector..I left ,again reasons have been well documented..I have worked in the private sector also..

Last edited:
For those who see the " middle class as their enemies ;
Shep was a dog that was earned by a class warrior.
He was trained by this guy to attack people with money.
Then one day the class warrior won money on a scratch card and the dog killed him..

I rest my case...

Status
Not open for further replies.