Current public sentiment towards the housing market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and this thread should be locked as its just gone way too big, too vague, and off topic in parts.

as has been said already steelblue , you dont have to post or read this thread if you dont want to and others do and besides other threads will more than likely pop up.

by the way for a fairly definitive statistic on daft.ie website traffic , see here

seems daft.ie traffic is fairly constant and stable with the usual dips and peaks in it's stats SOOO what do the people offering the explanation of rising popularity as causing inventory build say to that?

IMO the daft.ie figures bandied about have a good bit more credibility than before given the above

Can someone give me a really bearish thought heading into the weekend?

Yes, and this thread should be locked as its just gone way too big, too vague, and off topic in parts.
Also all the bearish sentiment is terrifying the poor bulls... Bit of a bull yourself there aren't you steel?

as has been said already steelblue , you dont have to post or read this thread if you dont want to and others do and besides other threads will more than likely pop up.

Am I not allowed to give my opinion ? Likewise you can choose to ignore my posts.

Ninsaga - alot of your comment seem to be directed at others rather than submitting something of use either bullish or bearish

But you don't have to read if you don't want. I find it fascinating...and I've read from start up to now and still really enjoying it, as I suspect lots of people are. It's so topical.

Can't understand the fixation some people have with locking threads because they're bored of them.

as a matter of interest... given that you have read from beginning to end....how many times has the same point been made over & over again

as a matter of interest... given that you have read from beginning to end....how many times has the same point been made over & over again

lots of times. But it's interesting to read different people's perspective on the subject. The thread is so long that if a point raised pages before resurfaces again it's fine because it's still topical. And actually I'm enjoying the stats, even the one's you need to take with a pinch of salt! Also, keep in mind that anyone coming upon this thread might not start at the very beginning so it's useful to have some things repeated.

Honestly, I find some of the regular contributors here really interesting. I know there's a bit of 'jibing' going on but that's only to be expected. Property is a emotive subject for a lot of people, you're either in one camp or the other. There's a lot at stake for some people. But I think contributors here, in general, are keeping it light thus helping to keep it on track and interesting.

Hats off to everyone who has contributed so far. Apart from being imformative, some of the posts are just so amusing and witty, they almost deserve a prize!

I'm a bear myself and as a matter of interest, the house I'm currently living in will be on the market for sale in a few weeks. We're in Dublin 16 (what's the bet the EA will list it as D 14 ) so I'll be able to give first-hand updates. Will keep you posted.

Oh - and a house around the corner has been For Sale since May and still not sold. Seems like a long time to still be on the market in this area.

Keep it coming y'all!

The bulls seem absolutely mad to get this thread locked,why ?

While some stuff is repeated,new articles are posted every day from the US,Europe,financial websites,blogs,Real estate websites,foreign immigrants,outsider views,anecdotal evidence is also provided.

By all means post evidence backing up your argument,but this constant calling for the thread to be locked is silly and childish.
Why don't you start your own thread posting the counter arguments for a correction ?I might even take a peek from time to time !

well said the watcher , instead of constantly calling for the thread to be locked why not counter the arguments with stats , reports of your own and encourage a good healthy discussion from both sides

that is of course if you can find any

well said the watcher , instead of constantly calling for the thread to be locked why not counter the arguments with stats , reports of your own and encourage a good healthy discussion from both sides

that is of course if you can find any

Ninsaga has ran out of any water-holding bullish arguments, we all know that it's only BELIEF propping up the pyramid.

But the hour is getting late...

There have been some silly stats put forward which I have challanged ie.... the 'the house down the road from me hasn't sold for 5 weeks so that means that the bottom is falling out of the market' -type threads..... as well as the repeated 'daft' stats which account for nothing.

I'm looking around in the Cork area & have watched properties in my locality, my parents locality etc. and I have recently seen alot of property change hands with no indication of anyone selling under the asking. That's my experiences of late.

BTW I am neither very bullish nor bearish (in both contexts of the definition ). I think that the level of growth will certainly decline ....but as opposed to going into a negative I'm not convinced at all.

ninsaga

Status
Not open for further replies.