Current public sentiment towards the housing market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steelblue
Yes. You can read the whole article at davy.ie. It's the weekly market comment.
Regards

I think total SSIA funds amount to about €12 billion, Irish private sector debt growth is running at roughly €5 billion per month.

Maine
Davy's put the Irish savings rate at 15% which is much higher than US UK, Spain, Aus etc and should act as a cushion as IR rise.

Do you have a link for this, I wonder what it is 15% of? 15% of people save, people save on average 15% of there savary?

It sounds odd that we have all these savings but yet personal debt is going through the roof.

All those people ( alot) who purchased homes pre 1998 have lots of savings if they have not purchased additional property.

Those who purchased in recent years have no savings and with higher interest rates / slowing economy will not have until 2020

Fair dues to Feargal for long term approach and profits accumulated. I have no problem with those who have profited from the boom - thats the market economy. However the banks who should know better have provided far too high multiples and taken advantage of borrowers. This has consigned a generation to working for the banks for most of their lives while knowing if they get sick or lose their jobs then it could be curtains.

Yes thats the point, searching for daft would indicate new users who just heard about site but didnt know the address. So more search terms for google would suggest a gain in popularity, a gain in popularity would suggest more ads on daft and therefore the figures quoted about daft need to taken in context of a site that is simply more popular.

NO , NO , NO , NO , all of those searches for daft do not mean the daft.ie website

it the search term daft as in , daft stories , daft pictures etc etc you get what i mean

Davy's put the Irish savings rate at 15% which is much higher than US UK, Spain, Aus etc and should act as a cushion as IR rise.
If that 15% includes SSIA savings then i wonder what it might fall too when the SSIAs are removed.

NO , NO , NO , NO , all of those searches for daft do not mean the daft.ie website

it the search term daft as in , daft stories , daft pictures etc etc you get what i mean

I'd suggest at least 80% of searches for the word "daft" is related to daft.ie

Who ever searches for "daft stories"?! They would search for "funny stories" etc.

I'd suggest at least 80% of searches for the word "daft" is related to daft.ie

Who ever searches for "daft stories"?! They would search for "funny stories" etc.

Just Google daft & look at the amount of links related to daft are there... it might surprise you but the world does not revolve around daft.ie

Google trends is about as useful as Daft.ie in making predictions about the Irish Property market IMO.

Google trends is about as useful as Daft.ie in making predictions about the Irish Property market IMO.

To be honest I completely agree with this. There is little enough that can be learned in the property market from watching trends on a commercial website that may be gaining or reducing in viewers and advertisers at any given time, which also revolves around seasonal factors (not in the property market, in the number of people online). Something else to keep in mind is the age groups of those used to using the internet, versus the age groups of those buying second or investment properties. The demographics are badly skewed here.

The ones to talk to, the only ones I would trust to give a clear picture, are the revenue commissioners. Is there a location where we can get what should be public information, amount of stamp duty paid, taxes and so on, and the number of houses that were sold over the last months and years for each region, preferably with averages, medians and so on extracted and graphed, with a listing of first and second home buyers (as I believe there is a difference between a home to live and a property as an investment from the point of view of the revenue commissioners)?

Anyone got a link or someone we can call to get this info?

Just Google daft & look at the amount of links related to daft are there... it might surprise you but the world does not revolve around daft.ie

No, not a surprise, but Daft has a way bigger brand name than any of the other results brought up by google, to me that would suggest that most people searching for daft would be looking for daft.ie rather than 3daftmonkeys.co.uk or www.daft-records.com.

Look, these google trends dont mean much anways.

Look, these google trends dont mean much anways.

indeed they dont but this was brought up as a counter to your reasoning the number of rising properties on daft is solely down to growing popularity when that simply isn't the case

actually , it may be growing in popularity because vendors are seeking more ways of dumping they're properties LOL :)

the number of rising properties on daft is solely down to growing popularity when that simply isn't the case:)

I dont believe its the sole reason, I dont think I said that but I do believe its needs to be taken into consideration but without anyone here knowing how to quantify that I believe quoting Daft figures is...daft.

Need i say it but this continued talk whether google trend results on daft is indeed daft.ie is, well, a little daft !

Need i say it but this continued talk whether google trend results on daft is indeed daft.ie is, well, a little daft !

Yes, and this thread should be locked as its just gone way too big, too vague, and off topic in parts.

The ones to talk to, the only ones I would trust to give a clear picture, are the revenue commissioners. Is there a location where we can get what should be public information, amount of stamp duty paid, taxes and so on, and the number of houses that were sold over the last months and years for each region, preferably with averages, medians and so on extracted and graphed, with a listing of first and second home buyers (as I believe there is a difference between a home to live and a property as an investment from the point of view of the revenue commissioners)?

eehhh... how's about actually calling the Revenue commissioners :rolleyes:

Anyone got a link or someone we can call to get this info?

....what's this we business?

Yes, and this thread should be locked as its just gone way too big, too vague, and off topic in parts.

Yep..there are so many here who accurately predicting specific timelines in relation to what will happen & when it will happen.... how's about one of the taking a quick look into the crystal ball there & giving me the nos for the Euro Millions draw :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back