Affordable Housing with Fingal Co Co

Re: Affordable Housing with Fingal

140K over 20 years @5.25% would be EUR945 per month. Less mortgage relief of 133 per month (not sure if you will qualify for full relief on loan of 140K) would give approx EUR810 per month :)

Thanks thats great. though it means its more than 35% of my earnings, it seems silly that if I can prove I can afford it that they will tell me I can't, I pay my mam some rent which means I can afford bills I've a fairly good social life which I can cut down on and I've still money left at the end of the month . Do they take into account money you'd make by renting a room?

Thanks thats great. though it means its more than 35% of my earnings, it seems silly that if I can prove I can afford it that they will tell me I can't, I pay my mam some rent which means I can afford bills I've a fairly good social life which I can cut down on and I've still money left at the end of the month . Do they take into account money you'd make by renting a room?

Hi,

As far as I'm aware you not allowed rent a room as it would be seen that you would be making money off the house...I got a 3 bed house in Martello and my repayments were more than 35% then my net monthly wage so thre only way around it was to get more of a deposit...Best of luck with it!

you are aloud to rent a room as its your house but the property does have to be owner occupied ie you cant rent the whole house out you have to live there too.

I've been saving €1000 for the past 6 months but 35% of my earnings are just €800 what are the repayments for a loan of around €140k? I got a phone call today about Martello in Balbriggan and I've only been approved since early June, did lots of people turn these down, the feedback earlier on this subject was quite good so I'm surprised there are still some left especially as I'm probably at the end of the list and not on the local list for Balbriggan.

I got a call as well for Martello yesterday, they said they have only 2beds left, many people must had turned it down, I wonder what is wrong with these 2 beds!!

Hopefully the people who veiwed it give us some feedbacks on this site

can't believe they have got that far down the list!! i viewed them and thought they were quite nice, the reason against for me was simply balbriggan was a bit further out from my work etc then i had hoped to get.. so really surprised!

Have my final interview tomo, so worried! have everything together. would love to be in in ten weeks. How did your final interview go? do you find out straight away afterwards.
Hi Abi,

How did your interveiw go?

What did they ask you?how many people from Fingal cc were in the interveiw?

I got a call as well for Martello yesterday, they said they have only 2beds left, many people must had turned it down, I wonder what is wrong with these 2 beds!!

Hopefully the people who veiwed it give us some feedbacks on this site

They are very small thats all - they are lovely houses in a nice estate - maybe people with kids etc could do with more space - Also they are far from the train station so might not be suitable for everyone - like if you don't drive maybe ?

They are very small thats all - they are lovely houses in a nice estate - maybe people with kids etc could do with more space - Also they are far from the train station so might not be suitable for everyone - like if you don't drive maybe ?

Hi Suzys1972,

When you say they are very small , do you mean the bedrooms or the livingroom or everything?

thanks

Has a hall - downstairs bathroom
Then the kitchen is a nice size but it and the sitting room are all one - the kitchen leads into a room which is a sitting room with 2 double doors onto the garden.

Bedrooms are a grand size as is the bathroom upstairs - has a hot press etc

I think generally it would be nice to have a separate kitchen to be honest but it didn't put me off
If it's only you then don't worry - I don't think they are " family " suitable although grand for a mam and kid like

Anyone else heard back about martello thats been for final interview
Abi - how long did they tell you you'd be waiting.

Anyone else heard back about martello thats been for final interview
Abi - how long did they tell you you'd be waiting.

I did Suzy
I had my final interview and then I got a call about a week -10 days later to say my final loan application has been approved and my Snag is on Friday for 3-bed in Martello Balbriggan.

Hi Suzys1972,

When you say they are very small , do you mean the bedrooms or the livingroom or everything?

thanks

I also think the 2bed is a grand size. I agree that as it is a house, I didnt think they would have the kitchen and sitting room in one, but compared to the one I was offered in Citygate, Finglas a few months ago its a grand size.

I was originally offered a 2bed, which I accept but then got offered a 3bed due to a cancellation.

Hi Abi,

How did your interveiw go?

What did they ask you?how many people from Fingal cc were in the interveiw?

Hi Johny28,
Interview went well, only one person interviewing me. Said it could be three weeks as four people need to sign off on it and being the summer some may be away at the moment. I tought the sitting room was small but other than that it was perfect. love the estate and love the fact it has a garden. Also no management fees. I'm doing shared ownership on part of it which i don't really mind. I'm only part time in work at the mo as i have a little girl but when she goes to school I'll go back full time and probally buy the rest. not to worried about that at the moment... Just need a home first!

Hey guys just got a call from fingal saying my final loan approval went through.. it took just under 2 weeks.

I got a phone call today about Martello in Balbriggan and I've only been approved since early June, did lots of people turn these down, the feedback earlier on this subject was quite good so I'm surprised there are still some left especially as I'm probably at the end of the list and not on the local list for Balbriggan.

Hi lilylou,
I turned down a 2 bed in Martello based on the fact that it was just too far out from work and friends for me. It was my first offer from Fingal so I thought i'd go along and check out the house rather than turn it down without realising why. But after making the trip from work out, I realised it just wasn't for me. Nothing wrong with house, and seems to be a lot bigger than other properties offered recently. Good luck!!

yeah i got approved! they just rang now... took less than a week.

Back