Aer Lingus Travel Vouchers

Does anyone know if I previously applied for a voucher (which has'nt arrived) whether or not I could now apply the flight cost against another booking. When I enter the booking reference nothing is coming up. The flight was due to take off 9th June or is it not showing up because I have previously applied for a voucher.

Aer Lingus update 25th June, 2020 for cancelled flights

I had Aer Lingus flights booked in May. Flights were cancelled and I had up to the end of June to change the booking. Under manage my booking. But that didn't work. So I logged on and looked a prior and future bookings. My booking was there twice. Once with the original date, but no 'manage' button. And there a second time with a fictional Departure and Arrival location. PPP to TTT in October. I phone AL where I am and after some time the phone call ended. I called the Dublin number. They told me they created the fictional destInations to keep the bookings 'live'. I was offered a full refund, or a voucher which would take some time and also that it's a bit tricky with new bookings or something as regards the bookings. I will have a full refund in a couple of days.

Excellent, efficient customer service from Aer Lingus.

Ryanair

I have one voucher. It does not work. Was advised by 'chatbox' very early today that you should use google chrome, and use the exact name of the person on the voucher as the lead person on the booking, told to copy paste. I did all that and it doesn't work. I also have emails about other bookings that I'm allowed to change. They don't work either.

The 'chatbox' is useless, time consuming, designed to drive you absolutely insane.
The rules on their website are not clear. They have a video of how to redeem a voucher that doesn't correspond to the actual reality.

Atrocious abysmal customer service.

Other airlines

- I will be refunded two months after covid ends for a flight out of Europe. With a non European airline.
- Another European airline has given me up to the end of August to rebook, plus money on top as a token
- Another European airline allowed me to cancel within hours of the booking, due to unforseen problems.

Holiday lettings/tripadvisor

Superb customer service, fast and efficent with changing payment of balance, allowed cancellation up to last minute, refunded with 48 hours when I had to cancel as flights were only cancelled less then a week before the holiday.

BE VERY CAREFUL ON TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON ANY BOOKINGS FOR CARS/HOTELS/TRIPS. BE VERY SURE OF CANCELLATION POLICIES

I would be surprised if you have refund from AL in a few days. I submitted a refund request 3 months ago and have heard nothing still.

I would be surprised if you have refund from AL in a few days. I submitted a refund request 3 months ago and have heard nothing still.

I also submitted a request for refund online, quite some time ago. After getting tired of waiting, I contacted them and after a while discovered that I never got a reference number, which you are supposed to get by email shortly after you submit your claim online. They tried to claim that I never requested a refund, despite the fact that I've got evidence to prove that I did.

I then submitted a complaint and this time, I subsequently got an email with referemce number. That was several weeks ago and I've heard nothing since.

I should have done what others have done, contacted my credit card company and have them dispute the payment for me.

AL are proving to be every bit as bad as Ryanair, at this stage.

I did contact my credit card company for charge back and they said "we're experiencing a high volume of charge backs, please be patient". The wait continues!

Press your credit card company to do a charge back.

The Irish airlines are being allowed to treat their customers very badly, contrary to current EU policy. Everyone should stand up for themselves here.

I was getting nowhere with Aer lingus so I phoned my bank to initiate a charge back to my debit card. The money was back within a week once the bank got involved.

I was getting nowhere with Aer lingus so I phoned my bank to initiate a charge back to my debit card. The money was back within a week once the bank got involved.

I did the same thing and got the money back but about 4 weeks later it was taken back out as Ryanair refused to refund me the money and told the bank they gave me vouchers, which they did'nt, so I objected and sent the objection back. Have not heard anything since and have not received any monies due.

I did the same thing and got the money back but about 4 weeks later it was taken back out as Ryanair refused to refund me the money and told the bank they gave me vouchers, which they did'nt, so I objected and sent the objection back. Have not heard anything since and have not received any monies due.
That's really awful, What a horrible company.
At one stage they were telling customers that charge-backs were fraudulent

Finally some movement. Email from AL after two months saying they're refunding me E80 and confirmation of info to send to insurer for the remainder.

Aer Lingus now saying that bookings up to 30th Sept can be re-booked but such re-booking must be for flights by 30th December 2020. In the current still very uncertain circumstances, setting a Dec deadline seems very unreasonable.

Boyd, I submitted a refund request on May 21st. I have only gotten auto-reply emails in response.

Aer Lingus update 25th June, 2020 for cancelled flights

I had Aer Lingus flights booked in May. Flights were cancelled and I had up to the end of June to change the booking. Under manage my booking. But that didn't work. So I logged on and looked a prior and future bookings. My booking was there twice. Once with the original date, but no 'manage' button. And there a second time with a fictional Departure and Arrival location. PPP to TTT in October. I phone AL where I am and after some time the phone call ended. I called the Dublin number. They told me they created the fictional destInations to keep the bookings 'live'. I was offered a full refund, or a voucher which would take some time and also that it's a bit tricky with new bookings or something as regards the bookings. I will have a full refund in a couple of days.

Excellent, efficient customer service from Aer Lingus.

I requested my refund on 21May2020 and have gotten no where. I spent 45 minutes on the phone today with no refund guaranteed. So, for overseas customers, the Aer Lingus customer service experience is very different from yours.

My Dad is waiting on a refund since early May. He hasn’t bothered chasing it up (i.e. I haven’t) because these are unprecedented times.

Michael O’Leary made the point recently that Ryanair normally handle 10,000 refunds a month. Now, with 1/4 of the refund-handling staff available, they’re trying to handle 10 million refunds a month.

There's no point chasing it, the Twitter or phone staff can't do anything for you after you've been on hold for 40 minutes. You simply have to wait.

Back