Windmill, Porterstown, Clonsilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
janeymac78 said:
Hi Ducky,
Just wondering if you've bought in the terrace? Hope you don't mind me being nosey, just I've also bought in the terrace and was told that the fire cert wouldn't be decided on til July 9th so no chance of contracts til after that. Has there been some developments that I haven't heard about? I'd be so happy to hear that someone in the terrace had received contracts....it would give me hope!! Cheers for any info

Yes, I've bought in the Terrace and Flynn's told me last week that I should receive the contract this week. Not holding my breath though!

Guys .. how to get the basic TV Channels ???
Do we need to pay for the basic TV chanells ???

Does any body connected to any of these TV channels ?? please advise ??

which one is the best option to go ahead ???

regds
siavram

Just rang NTL this morning. Offering free installment at the moment and 17 normal chanels for 19.99 per month or digital for 24.99 for 6 months then 29.99 there after.
The only problem is they can only offer TV at the moment, not providing Broadband to our estate at the moment. Has anyone managed to get Broadband in without going the Eircom route?

Have ordered the Irish Broadband 'Ripwave' broadband in a box product.

It works using radio signals - and they tell me I should get a good signal in our estate. Will let you know if it works once I've received it!

Banana:)

Does anyone know what is being built on the left side of the entrance to the estate, in the area where the showrooms originally were??
I've heard everything from another block of windmill to a spar to a pub??.
:confused:

Castlethorn built Stationcout originally and I believe they are now building a creche which was part of their planning permission. I'm not sure where exactly it is going, but prehaps it's the creche which is going in there.

It's definitely a creche. I can say for sure as it has been discussed at the Stationcourt AGM initially when the Marketing Suite appeared with no notice & more recently when building was to start we got a memo about it from our appointed managing agents. They are required now for all new estates and apparently Castlethorn and Kimpton have some agreement where the one they're building now will do for both estates (Stationcourt and Windmill) which is why it straddles the boundary and which is also why Kimpton got permission to initially place the marketing prefabs on that site.
Was it not on the plans originally when y'all were buying?

square1 said:
Just rang NTL this morning. Offering free installment at the moment and 17 normal chanels for 19.99 per month or digital for 24.99 for 6 months then 29.99 there after.
The only problem is they can only offer TV at the moment, not providing Broadband to our estate at the moment. Has anyone managed to get Broadband in without going the Eircom route?

aaarrrgggghhhh this NTL lark is really annoying me now! I rang on Friday and was told it's not available yet and wont be until August!! That's the TV. - it seems to be a case of who answers the phone with them as to whether you get there service or not.

As for the broadband issue , it's very dissapointing that they are not available yet!! My previous place I had NTL broadband and found the service was excellent - need broadband asap and Sooooo dont want to go the eircom route!!!!

Plus , just an aside, those of you moving into the terrace beware the Kimpton Vale builders parking around your area. By right they should not be there and when you see the disgraceful mess they leave the place in each lunchtime you'll want them out asap - that's not including the speeding in their cars , the loud music , the football matches they hold in the car parks each lunchtime , windows covered in football marks!! We had this problem in the square up until a week ago! I got onto Kimpton Vale and surprise surprise they did nothing about it. A call to the management company sorted it out though and they are nowhere to be seen in the square now. A plus for SMITH PROP. MAN. - so far so good.

anyone hear anything else about NTL then give me a shout.

cheers

ib.

Hi Irish Blue,

Just that you mention the Management Company. Do you know how much the annual fee is?

Was supposed to receive the contract for the Terrace last week and surprise surprise it never arrived so the wait continues.

Ducky.

Hi Irish Blue,

Which block are you in? I'm in the square and she asked complete house address before she could tell me if NTL was available so maybe they haven't completed installing to other blocks?

It's also driving me crazy about broadband. I had it through NTL in my old house and it was perfect. Eircom are nothing but hassle and I don't want to get a phone in because I know I'll just use it!! Also when we asked Irish Broadband they said they didn't have coverage in our area, I presume this has been rectified as Banana has ordered it. Still - it's all taking so long. At least the channels are still coming in free at the moment!

Re: Broadband in the Square & NTL Question

Hi,

I haven't posted in a while. Amazing how this thread has grown since it's first inception. Keep it going as it's a great forum for people who live in the Windmill development to help each other out.

Anyway, back to the reason(s) I'm posting.

For Banana & Square1: I have had Ripwave for the past 6 weeks(I am in the square). For the first 3-4 weeks it was fine but over the past 2 weeks it has really slowed down and it wasn't the fastest in the first place. The link drops more often now too. Also to get a reception(connection) it helps if you leave the windows open and leave the little ripwave thingy as near to the window as possible, I can only get a connection in some of the rooms(upstairs mainly). Apparently there is a booster on the Bridge for irishbroadband, and the closer you are to the bridge, the better the connection - or so they told me.

The reason I've been using irishbroadband was because I was waiting to get my eircom land-line connected up, so I could get my UTV broadband service installed. Once I got my eircom line connected last Monday week(4th July), i had to wait a week before eircom updated their online records, so as you could check if your line was compatible using ericoms broadband line checker on their website. So on the 11th of July I rang UTV to order the modem. I will get this tomorrow or Thursday. Then I'll be able to return the irishbroadband. ripwavey thingy. To me it's a short term solution as we are on the periphery of the connection(in the square anyway). The court and the new apartments could be different as your closer to the bridge

NTL Question:
When people from the square ring NTL, do NTL think that you have it already installed? They have being charging us for 3 months since we moved in for the service because we transferred our old account to the new address(though this will be credited though back to us)

Cheers Everyone.
Goosey

Hey guys,

Regarding the fee for management company it's around about the Euro970.00 - can't remember exactly how much.

I'm in the first block looking out onto stationcourt so maybe that block has not been connected yet?

As for the broadband issue - i think the ridiculous rogmarole some have gone through to get this and that line installed is complete tosh. In my old house I had NTL channels on tv {vital for Sky sport addicts like myself} and was able to get the wireless broadband no problem!!!

Everything I hear about Eircom scares me - inefficient, taking ages, way overpriced!!! I've applied to be connected over a week back and was told I'd be contacted within 48hours to arrange a time! No such luck!!

anyway, i agree that this is a great forum to help one another out - solved osme of my problems anyway.

Cheers and enjoy the sunshine

ib

Irishblue,

Re Eircom, you might want to check if your phone is working. I applied for connection and when I hadn't heard something after a week I rang them and they said they connected the phone the day after I applied! I didn't get a confirmation either! When I tried the phone was working indeed.

Cheers Dutchie,

Did exactly what you said - rang eircom and had it connected there and then , account numbers etc will be out within three dyas and will be able to put thru for broadband then. Fingers crossed.

cheers

ib.

Hi guys,

Can you let me know what Surveyor you used and if they were any good. Need to get one asap but not sure where to start and would rather go by recommendation. Thanks.

Would love to reccommend one but ours wasn't much use. Found twice as many things as he did when we looked at it again ourselves. Suppose it's nice to know he found the building sound though. But he missed some major things - like a huge leak etc!

Hi to all ,

I called to eircom , they connected very instantly .. you wont belive in 1 weeks time .. Now i am with eircom ..

Now i am Looking How to get the basic channels ?? right now i am getting only 3 channels ?? is there any way we can get some more ????

srkreddy
is there any way we can get some more ????

Call NTL and ask them to hook you up!

1800 234 234

B.

PS. Have had to send the irishbroadband 'ripwave' thingy back, because the reception was sh1te!
Goosey, how's the UTV internet service working out? It appears to be a good deal - thinking of going down that road myself...

PPS. Ducky - have not posted the name of my surveyor because I just couldn't recommend him. Like square1 I ended up discovering lots of defects that he missed after I moved in....... Maybe someone else here can offer you a name?

Interesting what's the story on the UTV internet thing? If you just buy a cable and put it into the wall Electroplus seem to be providing free chanels at the moment, you just need to tune them in!

Hi Can any boy tell me which cable is this one ?? where we can get it ..
I am living in Court ?? did any body in court getting the free chanles ..

I got the snaglisting person from the this site it self .. he is very good ..

Eddie Peppard. EJP Architectural Services , I found him in this form it self .. knows his work ...Eddie Peppard [email protected]

regds
sivaram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back