Windmill, Porterstown, Clonsilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky

Just wondering if anyone has bought here. The first Phase is due to be completed around December. I have put a deposit down on the second phase but just wondering if anyone has any views on the area etc?

Hi Ducky,

I know the general Porterstown Clonsilla area quite well, lived there up to recently. i am not sure where exactly Windmill is, but the general area is good. there is an excellent transport service with buses every 10 minutes into town and a regular train service also.

there are plenty of shopping facilities in the area and an array of schools and colleges if your into all that.

On the down side the traffic into town in the mornings can be hell and the general traffic on the Clonsilla rd. in the mornings and evenings is heavy. If its a new development u are moving into a sizeable portion may have been sold to investors, so they may be rented out.

there are plenty of pubs in the area and health centres and swimming pools. So overall a pretty good area to live in. best of luck

jack

Hi Ducky,

I too have put a holding deposit down on a property in the first phase of windmill. I would check as to your completion date. Our phase will not be complete until the middle of january at the earliest. Contracts have also not being sent out, well we have not got one yet, have you?

Goosey

Goosey said:
Hi Ducky,

I too have put a holding deposit down on a property in the first phase of windmill. I would check as to your completion date. Our phase will not be complete until the middle of january at the earliest. Contracts have also not being sent out, well we have not got one yet, have you?

Goosey

Hey Goosey,

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one waiting on contracts. Was beginning to get paranoid! Spoke to Flynn last week and they said that end of January was completion date on Phase 1. Still no definite ETA on contracts.

Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later. If I hear anything about contracts, I'll post back on this thread. Could you do the same?

As far as the area goes, my sister lived in the StationCourt apartments next door for 2 years and was happy enough. Traffic in the mornings is a killer - but that was why I wanted to move there. Coolmine Station is only 5/6 mins away on foot.

Good luck...

Well this is a surprise because I have a deposit on Phase 2 and was told that would be built by February. I have not received any contract as yet. I did go up to take a look and saw that Phase 2 hasn't even been started!

Hi Ducky,

Sorry for my late response. Last Thusday we received the contracts. And it looks like still january for us. I called up there today to see how they are getting on. Our phase has the roof up,windows are in plus the doors and they will be putting in kitchens in the apartments beneath us next week.

Your phase is being built at the moment, they have the eves on houses on the duplexes. Tiles don't take long to put up.

Send mr a Provate message if you need any more info,
Cheers,
Goosey

Sorry DTK, I also meant for you to contact me also...I thought it was only Ducky and ourselves that bought a place there.

So it looks like that there are 3 of us here in this thread that have bought a place in this development.

Cheers,
Ducky

I seem to get more information from this website than the Agents on Windmill. I rang the builders a few weeks back and they told me that The Terrace in Windmill won't be completed until May at least. The Agents hadn't even rang me to inform me of the delay. Now the guy in the Estate Agents says the contracts are held up. Over the last few weeks I've heard two horror stories where people had deposits down and the guy in the Estate Agents sold them to someone else. I'm trying to get a letter from them stating that I have a deposit on that property but can't even get that. Very tempted to pull the plug on it as the guy (muppet) in the Estate Agents isn't even capable of returning a phone call and its all very frustrating. Anyone else having any trouble with them?

Many real estate agents currently involved in the sale of new developments are an absolute disgrace. I have been completely dumbfounded by their complete disregard for customers, their rudeness and their basic lack of common courtesy for human beings. In my own search for property I experienced much of the above and in fact cannot remember an occasion where I felt like 'customer was king'.

If/when the housing boom in Ireland slows down, we will remember those company names and only the good will survive. Problem for me is, I can't recall a good experience with any of em!

I've almost had it with them and the guy in particular thats dealing with Windmill. How he hasn't been sacked is beyond me!

Stationcourt resident here - also very happy with the area but am D15 born and bred anyway.
Georgebush: if you want to get picky the townland is Porterstown on the leasehold I signed on purchase but I would say the address is Coolmine not Clonsilla though technically none of that matters when you have an An Post sorting office in the area - all you need is street name and D15.

As far as Windmill is concerned I have loved being woken at 5am by cement trucks delivering, driving down a muck and gravel strewn road as the builders can't keep it clean and watching trucks leave at all hours of the evening so they are obviously running behind. There's been no builders cars parked on our cycle lane/in our private parking areas for the last 2 mornings so maybe they're on hols (hurrah!). The builder Kimpton Vale has a history of trying to change their planning permissions etc after starting and I know there have been ongoing issues with that between themselves and Fingal CoCo (check with Cllr Leo Varadkar for info he appears to be most pro-active in vicinity). Particularly one local resident who claimed their site plan showed a nice walkway down to the canal which went through his land!! They have been cited by the council for breach of health and safety initially and also enforcement issues with regard to the state of the roads around the site. Maybe all that has contributed to your delays - phase 1 residents will be living on a site, remember that and your first purchase should be earplugs as I wouldn't be without mine now (for the early cement trucks).

I'm a culchie living in same area for over a year and a half. Happy out, no major complaints. Train service was overcrowded but recent service improvements have made a difference.

quick question. i've bought a 2 bed ground floor apartment in the windmill development with my boyfriend. i'm now worrying about the size(660) and cannot figure out just how small its going to be. he is determined to keep it saying its a good area etc but i'm wondering would it be worthwhile maybe spending another 50grand on a bigger duplex in annfield. dunno if there are any for sale at the mo but i like them (boyf not too keen). really dunno what to do and its causing sleepless nights. please help. this is not just an investment. its going to be our home for at least 2 years

Hi Narky

660 square feet is one double and a single bedroom apt. Most large 2 beds are about 750 - 900sqft.

If you have signed a contract, then there is no going back unless the builder releases you from the contract.

On the plus side, these apt have gone up substantially from the release price.

Hi All,
Firstly, happy new year to everyone.
It's been a while since I've been on this thread and I see there are still issues.

As I mentioned in one my earlier posts we have purchased a duplex in the first phase. After the much delayed contracts we finally got them signed at the end of last year( PM me is you want exact dates and time). We also had issues with the design of the kitchen, which we got changed( at an extra cost of course). Since this is my first purchase of a property it is very difficult to judge how we are being treated. In fairness to Kimpton, they rang us to say that we could change the layout of the kitchen but that's casue we stated that we wanted to see the design of the kitchen soon after we put the deposit down. From what I hear from my friends this is not the norm.

The sizes of the duplexes( and I guess the apartments underneath) are a little smaller then what they told us in the sales prefab. We have the exact measurements on the contract somewhere and I noticed that they weren't the same as what they originally specified.

We had great difficulty getting the measurements of the rooms and I too am a little concerned about how the design of the interior will work out.

Ducky, I too have would have the same concerns over the selling agents but you have to keep in mind that they are there for Kimpton and not for you. By right you should go directly to Kimpton with any issues, I wouldn't waste my time with your man "Mr White Water R......". Follow up calls are not their forte.

We have been told that we will be able to Snag late Jan/ Early Feb but I now have my concerns that this may go a little further out. As many people have experienced, only for us doing the calls we'd all be in the dark.

And Round Tuit, I was up there last Sunday week to see how the development was getting on. I was surprised at the muck and dirt on the road as well as the knocked over wodden bollards on the drive in( was that trucks or vandals?). Developers should always be away of existing developments at the people living in them. Leaving the driveways like that is a disgrace. I thought they're to have cleaning trucks with them.

Thats all I have for now...keep this thread going as it is an invaluable medium for keeping abreast(Goosey, Ducky get it- sorry terrible I know) of things....

All the best for now,
Goosey

havin a bloomin heart attack here about the apt. we bought a 2 bed groundfloor under the duplexes and to be honest if its even smaller than anticipated i'll go mad. We only bought a cancellation there 2 weeks ago so are totally unawares to what is going on. we cant get the plans off yer man and he gave us the brochure which has a patio in the front off living room but we drove over to look at outside and there is only a window there. does this mean patio off bedroom at back? pointless so. feel like cancelling. help! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back