Windmill, Porterstown, Clonsilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy neighbours,

Have moved into three bed duplex in windmill and share a lot of the delights and concerns re the appartments and areas and moving in process.

I too found the estate agents a disaster - once i had paid my deposit I never heard from them again - i had to go tracking them down all the time for information - being told the first phase would be ready by october 2005 originally but never told of them delay they had. i see others have had the problem with the estate agent in question - i know him personally and the guy is motivated purely by money - he could not give a toss!!

Anyway - we had problems with the snagging - the duplex was not even ready when I arrived to do the first snag!! The place was filthy , pipes and wire all over the place! After five snags i got in but am delighted with the place.

The rooms are really spacious and well finished.
The area itself is nice and quiet but i agree it needs a lot more light. At night time it's very dark and too quiet.

On the issue of the grounds - i too have paid a grand for a management company and will be taking the issue further if they dont swing into action soon - why is the bin store not in action yet? why are there numerous satellite dishes already sticking out of peoples apartments ? why are there clothes lines and clothes horses stuck on some peoples balconies facing the waterfountain? - i'm not sure if the clothes thing is enforceably but by God it makes the area look cheap! - Have these people not heard of condenser driers?

Concerned, indeed worried as hell over the NTL thing - i've only just ordered tv but it's less than three weeks to the World Cup for chrissakes...ok , ok sorry I'm getting emotional now.

Anyway , it's great to see the posts re our area and will look forward to hearing and indeed meeting with you guys over the coming weeks/months etc.

cheers

ib.

Hi all,

Just wondering has anyone gotten a welcome pack from our management company? Just called Kimpton Vale there to find out who was looking after the grounds - had a pretty bad fall last night on the way to the binless bin house - due to no lighting and am pretty sure I've broken my toe!

Anyway she said it was Smith Property Management, under the name of Windmill Park Management and that she couldn't believe that we would have paid our fees without getting a welcome pack and apparentely 'everyone' has gotten one and I was very stupid to have paid my fees without finding the details. Cheek!!

She gave me contact details but there is no answer - not suprised to be honest. Anyway can anyone tell me if they've gotten one of these packs?

Found these details in Boards.ie discussion:
Smith Property Management Services
Walterstown Dunboyne
(086) 2577678
But basically as estate hasn't been handed over it's the builder who is your board of management etc so hassle them, they can't distance themselves.

narky said:
wonder how much 2 beds will go for in second phase. anyone know????

Flynns told me the two bed apartments will be between 320K and 340K when the next phase starts "depending on market value".

ducky is that even for the ground floor ones under the duplexes? they're tiny i think. worried how im gonnna fit all my shoes!!!!!!!!

Hi

Apartments are actually much bigger when you start getting furniture into them! Spoke to the mangement company, they're waiting for street lighting to be handed over to them - the developer has to meet ESB requirements first. Bins are on order and did anyone else notice (I noticed last night!) that the satelite dishes are gone?

Fingal county council have just informed me that (shock horror) the builders have asked for another time extension on the fire cert for windmill terrace. The new deadline is the 5th of June. If the buildings are ready for snagging then I have no idea what can be holding up the fire cert!!!

Irish Blue, you had to snag 5 times!!! I don't envy you.

I'm a little suprised!! I have to say at first I was a little sharp and angry with both builders and estate agents, but I soon realised this was getting me nowhere. My friend I bought with would tend to be a little nicer to both parties (much to my detriment this works) our snag list was very small and in general was pretty much completed 2nd time round.
The finishing foreman for the court is John and a very nice and helpful guy. My advice to anyone who is still snagging, make friends with him. It is worth it.....

You're right what you say about being friendly with the foreman RJR. On our second snag we had a slight issue with water on our balcony not draining properly etc. - i was not at the snag but got a call saying my snagger and the foreman were close to blows!!!! Yikes! Hence perhaps the other snags!!!

not to worry I'm in now and loving it, mind you I'm determing to sort out the disgraceful state of the area coming into windmill!! The overgown grass and weeds is embarrassing.

RJR said:
Irish Blue, you had to snag 5 times!!! I don't envy you.

I'm a little suprised!! I have to say at first I was a little sharp and angry with both builders and estate agents, but I soon realised this was getting me nowhere. My friend I bought with would tend to be a little nicer to both parties (much to my detriment this works) our snag list was very small and in general was pretty much completed 2nd time round.
The finishing foreman for the court is John and a very nice and helpful guy. My advice to anyone who is still snagging, make friends with him. It is worth it.....

NTL? - anyone the wiser on the issue of NTL availability in Windmill?

I rang NTL myself last week and was told it would be available either this week or the next and that we'd get a welcome note. - Anyone have any updates on this?

cheers

ib

Hey Rex,

I wouldn't worry too much about the long grass on the way in, I drove buy this evening at 23.55 and two fire engines and a garda car were attending an RTA involving a single car that appeared to have rolled onto it's roof somehow?!
Hope nobody hurt, but suspect the car may have been stolen...

Does anybody know when the junction at station court road/ clonsilla road will be finished/ lights switched on? I've nearly come a cropper there twice myself already when traffic is busy.....

B

Hey Banana,
i live in mochta's and just saw the accident just after it happened, spoke to a man who had witnessed it and the occupants of the car had got out unhurt but seemed to be quite drunk. I suspect they were being chased appeared to be eastern european as they were being questioned by the guards while i was walking by, they tried to run away but were apprehended.
Yes it's a desperate junction i only cross over it early in the morning or off peak have witnessed quite a few accidents there and my car was hit a few months ago but not too much damage. Not sure whenthey will activate the lights, had them switched on the other side from coolmine turning onto clonsilla road for a while but it caused chaos, think the sequence was all wrong.

Hi Irish blue,

Rang again about NTL, they're now saying July which is a bit of disaster - but suppose we'll survive as long as electroplus keep pumping in free TV.
Pretty bad acccident last night on the clonsilla road, to be honest the speed people drive up and down the St. Mochtas road I'm surprised there's not more. It's brave parents letting their kids play out there. Saw a guy last night coming down driving at least 70 - crazy speed in a residential area.

The kitchens being provided are of the highest quality, integrated electrical appliances and dramatic ‘state of the art’ ALNO German designed fitted kitchens. High quality bathroom suites are being fitted in what must be regarded as one of Dublin's highest Kimpton Vale have paid meticulous attention to detail in every aspect of the external and interior design of each unit at Windmill.

Hi all, I have taken this from the living at windmill webstie, in the first line it mentions intergrated electrical appliances, so they mean the extractor fan???

Does anyone know is there broadband available in the area yet??

i live in stationcourt and have broadband so you should get it once the phone lines are working

Hi guys,
Just found out from Fingal County Council that the fire officiers decision on the fire cert for the Terrace is delayed again til July 9th! Please, can someone, anyone explain this to me?!!! Sore, sick and tired of waiting...buying this apartment has been a disaster from day 1...losing patience fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back