Windmill, Porterstown, Clonsilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least your streetlights are now on - which I presume explains the powercut we must have had yesterday in Stationcourt which I noticed on my return from work. Oh how I love reseting the clock on the microwave, music centre etc - and all the bloody preset stations too. But it does make the place look more finished and feel safer I'm sure.

On the maintenance fee issue previously discussed - I note mention of a water fountain - bear in mind that these are types of things that require maintenance and that costs money, that could somewhat explain your already high fees for a first year.

Yeah broadband is currently available through Eircom. However for some strange reason Electroplus aren't doing it. Should also be available through NTL once they get up and running - but not holding my breath!!

Magnet seem to offer a good package - broadband, TV & telephone.
[broken link removed]

They say you need to get eircom to commission the telephone line first - which seems to take forever. Anyone have a landline yet?

B.

The good thing about NTL though is that you don't need a phone line and therefore there is no line rental. It's just 30 quid a month on you NTL bill. The fewer bills the better if you ask me!

Hi,
NTL came last week and connected me, i've been calling constantly since i moved in in March and have been told numerous different tales about why we have not been connected. When i called last week however, i was told it has been ready to go since April!! So i think you need to call and they will send someone out to connect you. I'm now appreciating the small things in life and enjoying my tv!
Other than that i havent had too many problems and am enjoying the vast space and light of the 3 bed duplex, after all the difficulty with contracts its all deffo been worth it!

Hi V.Angry,

Have they connected you to the cable network or to MMDS (telephone line)??
I'm just curious as they insisted that they have not hooked windmill up to the cable system yet, when I called earlier today....

Hi Banana,
They connected me up through the cable network. You'll have to be a bit persistent cos i dont think they know what the other hand is doing. It is all ready to go though, i know for a fact and have all the channels to prove it!

I moved in to the house 2 weeks back .. looking good until now ..

Does any body heard from Eircom ?? i am eagrly looking for connection ..

I too dont like bills .. but to call our homes .. landline is the cheapest option ..

regds
siavram

Well I have a land line as of earlier this week - so eircom should be able to hook you up srkreddy. The connection costs me €121.93 though! Ouch. If anyone is interested they have an offer on until August of free connection for first time connections I'm told, It seems I ordered a week too early to avail of this.....

Still no joy with NTL. I called them again today and was told that it will be the end of the summer before they can connect windmill to their system??

I read an interesting article today in the 'community voice' free rag delivered through our doors. Front page headline about Car parking problems in Castleknock. Turns out Kimpton Vale are being sued by Fingal Coco over a breach of the planning permission over in Collegefort. The planning permission required provision of parking, but Kimpton Vale are now tryin to charge residents for the privledge of a space!!

A sign of things to come for us perhaps?

Hi all,

I am hoping somebody could help me out, we went to a store today to buy shower doors had measurements.... but the sales assistant told us we would have to find out the make of the tray. I thought this was strange, we checked with the foreman and he was unsure. Has anybody else had this problem or does anyone have the answer????

Many Thanks

RJR said:
Hi all,

I am hoping somebody could help me out, we went to a store today to buy shower doors had measurements.... but the sales assistant told us we would have to find out the make of the tray. I thought this was strange, we checked with the foreman and he was unsure. Has anybody else had this problem or does anyone have the answer????

Many Thanks

It makes for a better seal if you match the make of the shower door to the make of the tray. It's not the end of the world if you don't though - just makes it easier on whoever is installing it. Contact the builder again and ask to speak to the quantity surveyor - that person will know what make the shower trays purchased were.

We had great fun getting a shower door as the shower is actually the smallest that it is possible to get a door for. Because it's so small we had to get one ordered specially and it cost twice what it should have! Did anyone else have this sort of problem?

Could you please let me know where you got the shower door and how much it cost because when I get the keys, I'm sure I'll have to do the same. Thanks.

I think we got it in Chadwicks and it was in the region of €300 but I'll find the receipt when I go home and confirm. Also we're in one of the apartments - they might be a more normal size in the duplexes! They only took a couple of days to order it in. There is a nicer one in House of Vogue in Coolmine industrial estate but I think they were actually talking months to order it in.

square1 said:
I think we got it in Chadwicks and it was in the region of €300 but I'll find the receipt when I go home and confirm. Also we're in one of the apartments - they might be a more normal size in the duplexes! They only took a couple of days to order it in. There is a nicer one in House of Vogue in Coolmine industrial estate but I think they were actually talking months to order it in.

That's pricey! Due to receive the contracts next week so as soon as I can I'll get into the apartment and order one. Thanks.

Well then ours is definitely smaller in the apartments, our shower door had to be 620mm - standard is approx 800mm. Ducky I'll get exact measurements and that but I wouldn't be suprised if they were different in each type of aparment. There doesn't seem to be a standard size to anything in them!

Hi Ducky,
Just wondering if you've bought in the terrace? Hope you don't mind me being nosey, just I've also bought in the terrace and was told that the fire cert wouldn't be decided on til July 9th so no chance of contracts til after that. Has there been some developments that I haven't heard about? I'd be so happy to hear that someone in the terrace had received contracts....it would give me hope!! Cheers for any info

Hi janeymac, the good news is the fire cert has been granted as of last Thursday, 29th June. However, the builders have said it will take up to 2 weeks for the contracts to be sent out. If anyone has received theirs I would also be interested in hearing from them

Thanks everyone for your replys,

I was speaking to plumber today and he has confirmed it is a Shires Quadrant shower tray. I hope this helps if anyone is looking for shower trays, for Duplexs'.

Also did anyone have difficulty with the plumbing for washing machine, dishwasher?? In our appartment our plumber had a quick look it seems all the pipes have been covered up by kitchen unit. For him to gain access to the pipes means cutting a hole in kitchen unit.......

RJR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back