Valuation on my affordable house (AH) at Phibblestown Wood, Ongar.

Hear hear! Was on to Liberty this morn and was told that our house is ready to snag, but we can't til we sign (for godssake,we've been ready to do that since the end of May, we'd LOVE to sign - just giveus the contracts!!!!)....
I asked how long we'd be looking at and she said she hasn't been given a date cause they can't estimate until the rest of the ESB goes in, but that people can snag before that....

IF for once, what we've been told re: contracts is right, the developers will have got go ahead yesterday evening to issue contracts, we should be contacted in the next day or two and things can start really moving!!

At this stage the ONLY good thing coming out of a delay is the slight bit more that can be saved - as long as we're in by early Nov, we should have some semblance of order before xmas eve!!!
:)

thank god! hopefully they went out then! is it a 3 bed house that thay said is ready to snag or apartment?

Its a three bed...next door to the showhouse (which may have hurried things along to be fair!)....
God, its a good thing theres these 20 year terms on these AH's - I don't think I could ever go through the buying-a-house process again!!!!
;)

Hey Phibbleberry,
I know exactly how you feel never want to do this again,it hasnt been a good experience for us.

Dear All, Has anyone got to snag an apartment yet ? I signed contracts last January and I am dying to get a look inside an apartment to get measurments etc.

Yvonne

Dear All, Has anyone got to snag an apartment yet ? I signed contracts last January and I am dying to get a look inside an apartment to get measurments etc.

Yvonne

call liberty and say your door number and they will tell you when they expect you to be invoted to snag.

also, advice, purchasers are only entitled to one snag list, so makesure the list is lenghty and exact! ;-) don't let anything that looks like a snag pass you by!

also, take a tape measure with you! or copy what number 24 are doing ;-)

Yvonne
Any of the lads on site should let you in to your apt if its finished or a finished one if not, especially since you've signed your contract back in jan!

Any of the lads on site should let you in to your apt if its finished or a finished one if not, especially since you've signed your contract back in jan!

if its a building site, that would be a no! insurance and the like does not cover punters running around!

phib...... I'm not but they were snagging like mad the other day!

contracts is right, the developers will have got go ahead yesterday evening to issue contracts, we should be contacted in the next day or two and things can start really moving!!

i've been in touch with my solicitor and he hasn't received the contracts as yet! if they had have been sent out the other evenin surely they wood have arrived now! god i wish they'd hurry up!

Ooohhh wonder when the 3beds will be released.

Yeah we aren't allowed on site due to insurance cover at the moment, wont be long hopefully :rolleyes:

Hi all,

Don't want to spoil the party but I signed my contracts back in March. Rang liberty homes again today about when I can get snagging and was told to ring back in four weeks!!!

The awful thing about it is that I am not taking my annual leave from work yet as I want to work on my new place and I keep having to tell my boss I don't know when that will be, which isn't fair to him either.

I hope the rest of you have better luck. I am so disappointed.

Good luck to you all.

S32

its exactly the same with me, and in my place we're not supposed to take time off in november or december cos its so busy but it doesnt look like we'll b in before then so i dunno wot to do now!

I’m in the same boat as well.

Day one.
Building site
Contacted Liberty homes to ask have the contracts been send and was told to call their head office

Head office
Well we are not looking after the contracts contact Finagal co council

Fingal co council
We are not dealing with it now that your application was agreed contact the builder

Day two
Solicitor
No contracted received (advised I should contact the builders

Builders
Said contact head office

Head office
Contact fingal (at this point I told her the story and they I got asked who am I buying the house off) She took my number and said she will call me back

No return phone call received

At this stage I have accepted its going to be another two months before I get to move in. I get to save more and buy the things I need in the January sales yea

Oh God, and I thought I was the only one!!!

I got word last night that legal docs were going to builders sols today so there shouldn't be any further hold up?!!?

Fingers crossed.....

I'm still confident we'll be in next month :eek:

Glass half full kinda gal!

Back