United Land Holdings

Status
Not open for further replies.
zinn said:
big shock reading the letter today, i suspect the money has been lost. any ideas on whther we will see any funds back. also the solicitor used by the firm should have ensured that land was purchased and registered in our name. so can we give the solicitor grief for the problem?
Did you have your own solicitor involved in the transaction?

no like a fool i decided after reading the contract to proceed with uhl solicitor. at the time i had intended to buy 2 plots but then changed my mind and brought only one.

when i returned teh contract to uhl i stated that i had photocopied everything and awaited teh return of teh contract. i kept phoning and eventually had the signed contract sent to me. i glanced at it and assumed it is in order.

i had thought that the land investment was just another part of my portfolio to be reviewed in 10 years or so. ho hum
zinn

I have deeds aswell but used ULH solicitor aswell does anyone know are these deeds real!!!

Dont want to get solicitor involved as have spent enough on this disaster!!! I bought off chicksands anyone else

Establish title at least, ring around a few solicitors in the Bedford area for a quote. if you have a clean title, then contact Mid Beds District Council's planning department and establish the planning use, probably agricultural. An acre of agricltural land in Bedfordshire will value up at around €6,000-€7,000 an acre.

Duplex said:
An acre of agricltural land in Bedfordshire will value up at around €6,000-€7,000 an acre.
Presumably less though if buyers are aware of large numbers (?) of panicked ULH landowners trying to make a quick sale and cut their losses?

ClubMan said:
Presumably less though if buyers are aware of large numbers (?) of panicked ULH landowners trying to make a quick sale and cut their losses?

Probably no market for a 'house plot' size piece of agricultural land in the middle of hundreds of other similar plots all with access and right of way issues. But worth checking the exact position with the planners re strategic planning guidance for the region.

They went to court on Monday 3rd July and have to submit documentation within the month that proves their company is 'on the level' - FYI: the original solictor does not have ULH as a client any-more - new solicitor is: James Forsteyth on 02073206203 of Denton Wild and Sapte. We need to stick together and all show up at the Creditors Hearing and form a Land-owners Committee on our own. ULH are in the red...according to Mr. Forsteyth - I believe as compensation we need to get hold of ULH land interests and divide it up between ourselves .....complicated and scary, but it's the only way to go..............

ULH did put in for Planning in Lyneham, it was turned down due to the site being too big and Brown sites being available in the area - we found this out through Council records and not ULH - they didn't even send a letter keeping us informed of anything...............I believe trying to get the site turned into a Brown site first, would be in everyone's interest.

Just to let you know the Directors of ULH have had other companies go belly-up (Companies House Records) and guess what these companies had no money left in them either............a pattern I believe

Michele said:
ULH did put in for Planning in Lyneham, it was turned down due to the site being too big and Brown sites being available in the area - we found this out through Council records and not ULH - they didn't even send a letter keeping us informed of anything...............I believe trying to get the site turned into a Brown site first, would be in everyone's interest.

Is the site a former airbase? Is the planning designation greenbelt or another use? What is the area (approx.) of the site? (The term is brown field, btw.)

Michele said:
Just to let you know the Directors of ULH have had other companies go belly-up (Companies House Records) and guess what these companies had no money left in them either............a pattern I believe
Did any of the ULH investors here realise this before they put their money in?

ClubMan said:
Did any of the ULH investors here realise this before they put their money in?

Of course they did, land in that area with residential planning consent sells for £500,000-800,000 an acre (depending on densities). UK House builders have whole departments scouring the country for sites. Add in a few thousand land agents and planning consultants who are constantly probing local development plans and strategic and regional planning guidance policy for opportunities and you get some understanding of the difficulty of getting planning for residential in the UK. All these buyers had to do was contact the local planners before signing.

breathnach1 said:
Helpful comments please everyone knows we were conned

No offence meant. I actually misread ClubMans comment. I thought he asked whether ULH knew that they were unlikely to get planning. I'm pretty sure that the investors were the innocent if gulliable party in this mess.

breathnach1 said:
Helpful comments please everyone knows we were conned
How exactly were you conned? The sales information that I saw was pretty clear about specifying that you were buying agricultural land.

I supose gulliable is the correct word rather than conned. Expensive lesson but not giving up on it just yet might take 20 years but deeds i have are legitimate so we will see how things go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back