United Land Holdings

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brandy

Did anyone buy a plot of land from ULH. If you did you are in trouble as the DTI have swooped on the Company and closed them down. Your money may be lost. Please reply

For full details on the ULH fiasco visit

[broken link removed]

Apparently there is a link to the Land Investment Authority which was supposed to be a 'trade body' for the industry but contained two of the guys in ULH.

Any Idea what I should do If I have already purchased a plot of land in chicsands from united land holdings?

js44026 said:
Any Idea what I should do If I have already purchased a plot of land in chicsands from united land holdings?

Is that Chicsands near Bedford?

js44026 said:
I guess you should assume that you have overpaid by about 50 times the going rate for a small plot of agricultural land and that you are very unlikely to earn a return on your investment.

Do we actually own the land? Can we do something with it?

I purchased 2 plots of land in Chicsands after vising both Melksham Forrest and Chicsands. Lesson learned the hard way it appears.

Does anyone know whether we actually own the land maybe it might be worth something in 100 years! According to one of the directors the case is still going on and they are still preparing evidence to fight DTI Case. I bought one site and perhaps can just about afford to take the hit

brandy said:
Did anyone buy a plot of land from ULH. If you did you are in trouble as the DTI have swooped on the Company and closed them down. Your money may be lost. Please reply

who are the DTI?

I am one of the idiots that 'invested' some hard earned savings. I am at a complete loss what to do next. Does anyone know what action, if any, could be taken?

Regards,

Mick

being nosy,what kind of money are we talking about per site...
and one suggestion is that if you do get ownership and can never get planning permission is to let it out or sell it to somebody who might like to put their caravan on it

Even if you do eventually get deeds and do in fact get ownership of your plot. Right of way/access will be a major problem as i assume they split the site up and about 100 people own individual plots etc. I cant be sure though. I would advise you to ask your solicitor but if yu went ahead with the purchase of this plot then you may not have one! And at this point i wouldnt waste money asking one for advice. Is this a similar scheme to the Rutherford Ross thread? I posted a reply there also. maybe the threads could be merged?

hi guys

i also have received paper work from dti, trying to get hold of the ulh people at , hopefully i will try and go to their site in winchester in hampshire on monday

vip

Bought 2 plots in April 04 at Lyneham, Wilts, got letter from Insolvency Service today and I am in a panic - what is going on - what are we supposed to do next.....anyone who also owns Lyneham should let me know so I can get a list together and we can band together.

big shock reading the letter today, i suspect the money has been lost. any ideas on whther we will see any funds back. also the solicitor used by the firm should have ensured that land was purchased and registered in our name. so can we give the solicitor grief for the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back