Things that annoy you

- Queuing up to use the atm machine only for the person in front of you to use it twice
- baby on board stickers
- people who don't dip their lights
- having to pay a tv license for rte to transmit rubbish
- them still having irish language programmes on rte despite the existence of tg4
- cold food
- cat hair
- women/people spending ludicrous amounts of money on weddings
- children that are heard AND seen
- buying the paper and getting the receipt
- people making noise
- road rage
- weather presenters jumping around the place
- irish radio being predominated by innane drivel
- all these advertisements telling you what you should eat/drink/think
- sundays being as busy as saturdays
- people having children and breeding like rabbits. like there isnt enough of us!
- bono
- the state of the world

People who refuse to use a tissue and sniff continuously (and not always because they have a cold).
When I'm holding a door open for the healthy looking person behind me and they walk through without any acknowledgement or attempt to hold the door themselves - I'm not a bouncer!
Queue jumpers
Tables in busy restaurants/bars which have just been cleaned and are not dried. Who wants to sit down at a wet table?
A pet hate - bars at night that still smell of the carvery lunch that was on the menu that day.
The fussy eaters. Have you tried the food. No.Then how do you know you don't like it?
Gossip mongers. One question. What do you get from it? Its not nice or amusing to talk and laugh about other people often having the audacity to start off by saying 'a friend of mine .....'. Its boring and nasty. Stop!
People who don't listen.
People who interrupt to get their completely off the topic view in, usually talking over others to do so. Conversation is two way. If you want a sounding board please choose the appropriate time and place.
People who chew gum loudly.
The smell at the bottom of Grafton St (think it comes from the fast food outlets and/or bins). Clean up!

When I'm holding a door open for the healthy looking person behind me and they walk through without any acknowledgement or attempt to hold the door themselves - I'm not a bouncer!
Why do you always hold the door open for this person? Why are they following you everywhere?
The smell at the bottom of Grafton St (think it comes from the fast food outlets and/or bins). Clean up!
Try the smell in the Moore Street end of the ILAC Centre - even after the revamp it's still there and is still disgusting! :eek:

You are quite funny! :) OK I concede 'a' healthy looking person.............
I hold doors for people behind me becaue its simply an automatic reflex.

The receptionist in Tallaght Childrens hospital, I arrived at 5am because I was concerned my 11 week old had meningitis and they told me to take a seat..........????!!!!

The receptionist in Tallaght Childrens hospital, I arrived at 5am because I was concerned my 11 week old had meningitis and they told me to take a seat..........????!!!!
Did you expect to have to stand? Are you aware of the procedure that is used to test for meningitis? It's not something just anyone could do so it's reasonable to expect some delay.

Yes purple, I listened to my 11 week old scream his way through it. My annoyance was that all the ads specify speed as the main factor in identifying and starting to treat meningitis, so I drive to the hospital as quick as I can (safely) to be told to take a seat which I politely did and I waited while 2 biddies chatted about the weekend, then about their kids, then about some other trivial crap. I eventually went back up to them and specified that I thought my son had meningitis (again) and should I not get him checked over quickly. The 2nd receptionist who had arrived later said (nicely) "you should have said something love, there is no point in sitting there, we need to know these things". When I said I had mentioned it to the other girl there were a few filthy looks thrown and I was seen to pretty quickly.

Men (for the most part) and lads who spit on the ground when walking along the street. Is this a fella problem??? Too much saliva running around in there!

The way the traffic is suddenly brutal again when I'm on my way to work at 7. Surely people aren't dropping their kids to school at that time of the morning?!
Also, the way the increased traffic is now once again giving people an excuse to drive like ignorant idiots, using the bus lane to get to the head of a queue etc. I could go on, but I'm sure I've ranted enough about it in some other thread!

People in rural areas who drive like they're in a city-centre rat-run.

Can see a mile down a straight road, there's no cars behind you, but they'll still pull out right in front of you, forcing you to almost stop.
Then they turn up the next boreen 100 yards along the road. (Indicators & brake lights optional) :mad:

o People who get on a bus and then proceed to get the fare out of purse/pockets, standing there counting it out while the bus is waiting and other passengers are behind them in a queue. Almost like its a big surprise to them that they needed to pay ?

o Tractors who plod along on national roads like they are in a field by themselves, oblivious to the 50-vehicle tailback that is behind them. They should have the courtesy to pull in now and then to let other vehicles pass -I have seen some tractor-drivers do this, sadly a minority. Its in the Rules of the Road - tractors must keep left enough for vehicles to pass.

o N3/Blanchardstown-M50 junction. Monuments to incompetent traffic planning.

o AA traffic reports telling us the M50 is very heavy. We KNOW this. Its ALWAYS like this. Tell us when its clear !

o Sports commentators who throw in the 'cupla focal' and use Irish versions of county names only when talking about GAA. Token 'its -GAA-so-we-must-use-Irish'ism at its best !

o The guy who advertises no PTSB bank charges - always sounds like he has an apple in his mouth.

o Large trucks using small country roads.

Men (for the most part) and lads who spit on the ground when walking along the street. Is this a fella problem??? Too much saliva running around in there!

Agreed, I was in Dublin airport picking up the folks the other night when a guy on front of me spat on the floor at arrivals followed closely by nose clearing onto the floor as well!! - Had I not been retching so much I would have liked to have said something :(

o People who get on a bus and then proceed to get the fare out of purse/pockets, standing there counting it out while the bus is waiting and other passengers are behind them in a queue. Almost like its a big surprise to them that they needed to pay ?

Maybe they don't know how much they need to pay. I live in Dublin but haven't been on a bus in years and I've no idea how much any bus fare is.

Maybe they don't know how much they need to pay. I live in Dublin but haven't been on a bus in years and I've no idea how much any bus fare is.

True. But a little effort to find out beforehand wouldn't hurt. Fare are not exactly a state secret. Even to have some money already 'in-hand' would help.

I don't take the bus often, and don't know what the fare is. What I do is to sort out a handful of change ahead of time, so that I can get the correct amount quickly.

Back