Things that annoy you

My mother in law refuses to believe that she has been to Ulster when she returns to visit her family home in County Cavan. And she doesn't like "Northerners". :D

People in Cavan refer to going to the North that is when they might only be going afew miles up the road into the six counties. Cavan people know they are in Ulster but they also know they are not in "The North".

Well for today it is the habit of people who complain if they receive no explanation for something but scoff at the response when they do!
My particular pet hate is for people who scoff at the "leaves on the line" excuse for trains running slow without stopping to consider or to ask why this causes an issue. The presumption they make is that it is ludicrous/untrue/lazy or otherwise the fault of the train operator and dismiss it.
(PS I don't work for any rail company, I just know the reasoning behind it because I asked for an explanation once from a rail engineer and it was very reasonable)

The explanation that always gets me is "the 16.22 to Drogheda is running approximately 10 minutes late due to the late arrival of an incoming train"....we're late because we're late :confused:

As I said I do not say my own is perfect, far from it.
At least I try and break my rants up into definable sentences.
A lot of people appear to have forgotten that standard keyboards do indeed have a SHIFT and CAPS LOCK keys.

What annoyed me this morning, and has happened before, is when you're standing on the Luas and people put their hand on the bar for support just above your head. This results in me being unable to straighten my neck, and I've to stand at a stoop all the way in. :(

I'm probably too polite to do the customary public transport "glare" in their direction. I probably wouldn't be able to twist my neck around to do it anyway.

What annoyed me this morning, and has happened before, is when you're standing on the Luas and people put their hand on the bar for support just above your head. This results in me being unable to straighten my neck, and I've to stand at a stoop all the way in.

Well it's either I hang on to the bar for support or I try and "surf" the Luas unsupported - depending on the driver this usually results in a number of innappropriate embarces with complete strangers of both sexes and a couple of public transport "slaps" - so it's the lesser of two evils!

Well it's either I hang on to the bar for support or I try and "surf" the Luas unsupported - depending on the driver this usually results in a number of innappropriate embarces with complete strangers of both sexes and a couple of public transport "slaps" - so it's the lesser of two evils!

Oh gosh no! You took me up wrong. I have no problem with people holding the bar for support. Why on earth would I? Just don't put your hand where my head should be. Raise it, or lower it. This isn't even on crowded trams so it's not an over crowding issue. I'm up way to early for that ;)

You blooming hard workers! You're ruining it for the rest of us!!:D

The hardest work I do is between 6 and 8am. This is when I get up to when I get to Dublin. The commute kills me, so I have to take it easy then for the day to prepare myself for the 2 hour trek home. ;)

My commute on the bus is enlivened by those bastions of humour called 'The Colm and JimJim breakfast show'.

The driver is tuned to RTE Two radio (or 2FM ? whats it called these days ???), so no getting away from it. (Must remember to charge the batteries for my MP3 player)

That has to be the most unfunny, stupid attempt at humour I have ever heard on a radio show ! It is contrived, self-consciously trying to be funny (ie right, this next bit is funny, aren't we great, and lets talk/sing about ourselves too ?).

I thought, "this is as bad as that 'Strawberry Alarm Clock' rubbish on FM104" - lo and behold, its the same crew moved to 2FM/RTE 2 :eek:

My commute on the bus is enlivened by those bastions of humour called 'The Colm and JimJim breakfast show'.

The driver is tuned to RTE Two radio (or 2FM ? whats it called these days ???), so no getting away from it. (Must remember to charge the batteries for my MP3 player)

That has to be the most unfunny, stupid attempt at humour I have ever heard on a radio show ! It is contrived, self-consciously trying to be funny (ie right, this next bit is funny, aren't we great, and lets talk/sing about ourselves too ?).

I thought, "this is as bad as that 'Strawberry Alarm Clock' rubbish on FM104" - lo and behold, its the same crew moved to 2FM/RTE 2 :eek:

Oh yes! I DETEST that sort of radio nonsense.

I listen to the Lyric Breakfast every morning. It is wonderful. I don't think I could start the day without it now.

Well said! Your ears have my sympathy for having those two gombeens inflicted on them.

Back