SDCC - property path update

I put in my snag list last week but i was told they are waiting for a few before they send the builders in they will do it floor by floor.i got my insurance thru irish life i did not deal with brokers i was told i was best doing it myself cause i know were i stand so i got the insurance sorted have not bought a thing not gonna untill i get the keys just in case something goes wrong with pp you never know.

Paul 201: I know what yoiu mean about not buying anything...I have bought nothing really either. have no where to store it and am sort of thinking that I don't really have it until I have the keys. I am window shopping though.

Hey
Have you been told when you will get the keys?It says u get tax relief on the prepety as its section23 but i looked that up and seems only for investers or if u rent them out but you cant rent out the whole place thru affordable so i dont know why p path are advertising it with tax relief.its probaly late oct before we will get the keys and if that happens mayb mite be worth waiting for the sales they start in december nowadays lol.What Floor are you gonna be on ?

Section 23 tax relief also has benefits for owner occupiers. When you close the purchas eof your apt you will need to get some information re: Price of the build etc and then you will be able to fill out a section 23 application form. As far as i know we will be entitled to extra tax credits then. If you give the revenue a call they can explain it better.

Hi Guys
i think the way the tax works out is you can either get tax credits or you can get it at the of the year in one payment which you could put it off your managment fee and tax break seems to last for 10 years your solicitor should be able to find out about it for you

Cool thanks for that Andy88, might be a good option to wait til the end of the year alright. I know that its more beneficial also if your on the higher rate of tax too.

Oh by the way did you get a chance to see the place in the evening/at night? what do you think? Did you get back in since your snag?

have not gone up to look around at night ie weekends more so but i think i trust you Ruthie-81 about what you were saying to me couple of weeks ago on blog. going back for snag on 19th this month i dont think their is much to do in my apartment. just wondering anyone know will we have any problem with getting furniture ie sofas in frount door to our apartment

Oh i dont think so Andy88- well should i say i hope not. the doors are pretty standard and ive seen friends being able to get stuff into theirs. the only thing is tho whomever is delivering stuff will have to go under ground, come out of the lift at ground level and then go into which ever bock the apt is in. I havent seen the lifts from the block going any further than ground level.
Mite persude a couple of the mates to go and have a drink up that way some sat nite and see what its like.... mite as well start as i mean to go on ;)

i asked a girl in pp and she told me that there will be a lift for apatments in carpark maybe she got it wrong, i dont know maybe get your solicitor to have a word with pp solicitor. i was also told it would be only sky tv in apartments so i hope we have a choice between NTL and Sky

Thats cool Sky must have a communal dish, apparently its the new way they do it in apt blocks because dishes arent allowed. I also think i seen an advertisement for sky by wire in the entrance hall.

Also just a tip ive been down to power city this evening, ive priced a few places for the appliances and tv etc and im getting better discount in there, but ive ordered everything i want and theyll hold it for me and i can put money off the stuff whenever i want, just pop in! Im delighted coz i wont feel the amount being paid off bit by bit by doing it that way. Just thought id pass the info on if anyone is interested!

Hi All

just to let you know you should ask PP that you want to check your heating system out too make sure its working before you sign contracks
you should get a plummer to go with you when your checking it out;)

Hi

just got a pack from my solicitor and it says the management fee is 2250 for the apartment and not the 1800 as had been stated before GRRRR am really annoyed

Holy crap! thats even more the broadfield hall! does the charges there work on the sqm of the apt or just if its a one or two bed apt? you did mention that your apt is large at 83 sqm.. i wonder if it has anything to do with that?
The fees are on the higher side, are there many lifts to service in the block? if so that is another reason why the fees are so high. Lift maintance costs a bomb.

hi

i think i am so annoyed because they quoted 1800 initally (nothing on paper though) and said that was for the bigger apartment and it was about the size and the smaller the fee goes down (which is fair enough), but now i got the papers from the solicitors its gone up 450 euro, just when you think your are getting your money sorted they hit you with something else... Plus they are looking at closing on the 19th september which is crazy cause i only went to see them on around the 7th aug. which would be grand if i was organised but since I am not. It all goes really quick from getting a call from property path on the 1st aug to closing on the 19th sept!!! too much am freaking out

Hi Actionmags
I am in a similar position. I am purchasing a 2 bed apt at Citywest Plaza and I was told the management fee would be €1500 originally. Now it has jumped to €1900. is there anything we can do before signing the contracts?

Hi Actionmags do not rush into signing anything you might regret it.
i think the management fees are a rip off at some of the prices their asking.once again rip off ireland i also think PP have alot to anwer for the prices:mad:

Oh man i can only imagine how disappointed you are. But all i can say is that its not actually sdcc or property path that have anything to do with the mgt co fees, but obviously its wrong that you were given the quotes of smaller fees. i would kick up a storm about it if i were you tho and get them to explain why you were givn the wrong info. Also cant believe they want to close citywest plaza so soon, its not up to them when you close tbh. its up to whenever your solicitor is happy to close and all snags have been completed. dont be bullied into closing so soon.

Hi Jinnyjojo

I got onto the Auctioneers today and the girl there Lorraine said she had only been given the quote that I was originally give for 1800 (in fact when i first viewed the apartments she said they had gone down from the previous year... dont know how since there was nobody living there???) she did not know of the change that the builder (feckin builders) had given the solicitor and she said she would ring the builders and look into it

Another thing is they are trying to close for the 19th of september!! (thats next friday)
i rang the auctioneers today asking about when i would do a snag, i mean even if there is a problem with the management company fee there is no way that would be sorted before next friday never mind if there is anything wrong on the snag

(are you using the solicitor in rathcoole??)

In Fairness to property path it is a direct sale from the builder so they only set you up with the sellers and have nothing more to do with it really, it is a case of rip off ireland and perhaps the builders (who are probably the management company) getting their grubby hands on a few more bob

i hate that when you get excited about the apartment there is always somebody trying to rip you off

I did hear that 30 out of the 40 affordable housing units were sold and if the others could not be sold the builder would rent them out ??? also there is a big add in the Tallaght Echo advertising the apartments for private sale and viewing is sat and sun 12- 2

Back