SDCC - property path update

so did they tell you how long it will be before they give you the keys?gd look on the snag sre u doing the snagg r you getting sum2 to do it for you?

Nah I have a guy doing it for me. Dunno how long it will take but a usual conveyance takes a couple of months at least. I was told today that the Council are not looking after the legal work on their side , its is going to be an outside solicitor on their behalf. I dont know tho if that will make it a slower process or a quicker one?!?

Re: SDCC - propery path update

Sorry i'm new to this so not too sure what to say.
Great to hear news from other people in the same situation - its makes it all much easier!

I've also accepted an apartment in Broadfield Hall after waiting since Oct 06. Just did my snag last friday and waiting on the report -hopefully there will not be too much as I hear its hard to get them back to fix it. Was there much to do on your snags (Ruthie-81 and Paul200)
do you know when the management fees are due? I expect they will have to be paid upfront soon!!
I too hear that the council might be in a hurry to get rid of these as they have them now 2 years due to a conflict between them and the builder!! Apparently its all resolved now! Fingers crossed it wont affect us.

Congrats on getting the place Deedav, can you remember what block you got? did you get a 2 bed??

I have my first snag next Thursday but I doubt there will be much on it. The only thing is that the builders are on site still so maybe the snagging will be completed by them and not the council.... only time will tell tho.

About the mgt co fees, these will have to be paid on closing, so the day that you get your keys the fees will be paid over from your solr to the solr acting on behalf of the council. I only know this coz i work in law and conveyed houses for years.

Gosh we'll have a little community worked up before we even move in at this rate... itll be good to have a few neighbours together because the block will have such a high number of owner occupiers.

Hey R
I was told the mgt fee's are paid up until the end of november so id say the council will have us in bye then they told me 2 to 4 months.I am on the same level as the sales office was on i dont know what block that is to be honest.I was looking on the net for flooring its gonna be €50a sq yard for solid floors i thought it would be cheaper than that lol.I rang pp to see what is going underneath the apts but they dont know and its hooke and macdonald that sell the apts but they dont sell the retail units so i dont know what is going underneath yet.

Hi All
I am also buying a 2 bed in broadfield hall in block 3 really nice apartments, great location. dont have any problem with water pressure. I have been told mothercare is going into retail unit. the only one bad point management fee are very high:(

Congrats Andy88, thats what I what i found out was going into the retail unit from some of the planning files available. I was dead impressed with them aswell, and the mgt fee is high but thats because there are so many lifts, thats what is the most expensive part of the fees. ALthough friends of mine have mgt fees of €1500 and they see nothing being done in their blocks, so the way I see it is that if i pay €2050 and I see the upkeep being done ill be more than happy.

Paul200 re the wooden flooring, shop around you will be able to get it cheaper im sure, you should deffo wait to see tho before you get the flooring as it may be stipulated in the Lease that wooden flooring may not be allowed on certain floors because of sound proofing.

Cheers Ruthie-81 congrats to you aswell:). it seem to me that most of the apartments are owner occupiers which is great. i will go up and see what the area is like at night at weekends ie is their much noise.

I work around the area and have see it in almost all lights and I have to say is actually fairly quiet. Nice atmosphere walking around it in the evening and the only noise that you can hear is the lul of the music in capitan americas which i think is nice...

Hey Ruth
I never thought of that at all to be honest il hold of till i see if they have any strange conditions thanks for that.I just hope they give me the keys asap the snag i gave them would only take a week max.

Hey y'all, so is anyone got their 2nd snag on thursday? Ive my first, ill let ye know how i get on.

Keep us updated with how your all progressing.

R

Hi All,
I am buying an apartment in Brooadfield Hall as well. My apartment faces out onto the pedestrian square type area and is opposite the Library Building. There is a bit of a sky scape from the bedroom window, which is nice. I love the floor to ceiling windows ...they make the place so bright and airy. I was really impressed when I went to view the apartments. One thing though was I thought the kitchen was a bit small but I've looked at other apartments online and I think alot of apartments are liek that these days and the living/dining area is the one.

I was told I would be in before Christmas and, if not Christmas, then it would be January. Im hoping to be in before Christmas.

I didn't notice the water pressure but I didn't check it and my surveyor didn't think to check it but when I go back for second Snag in October, I will check it then. (Thanks for the tip) :)

As for buying stuff, all I've bought is a duvet cover...I dont' really want to buy anything until I move in, but my family have got a few bits and bobs for me alright.

Thanks for your advice all

Ruthe-81 - I think i'm in block 2 - I was lucky to get one of the bigger ones - I look out onto the courtyard. I'm delighted with it.
I also heard that Mothercare is going in under them.
I had my snag done Friday a week ago and i'm still waiting on the report, however I was told that there will be hardly anything to do on it. Fingers crossed :)
I agree the management fee's are steep - but what can you do!!

Andy88 I agree on the flooring! There is a lot to cover - its a cost I kinda forgot about!! And as for the windows- anyone thought on what they are going to do on them!! They are so big.

Congrats Yvie:), its great to hear of so many moving in here! As for the windows I dont know what im doing to cover them just yet, other than ill have to get the bedrooms done first coz they look straight onto the communal garden (ground level). Im thinking of getting wooden venitian blinds for those, but im sure coz theyre so big itll cost a fortune.

Oh lordy I must be the only shop-a-holic on the block, coz ive got everything other than the big stuff ie. fridge freezer, washing machine, sofas and flooring.... i even bought my oven and hob in a sale a couple of months ago.... got it for a great price even if i had to queue outside of B&Q one friday monring at 6AM!!!:eek:

Oh and another thought has anyone organised their life insurance etc....? Is there good deals to be got? Im looking into it at the moment. Got my full mortg approval also yesterday... so all steam ahead!!

Well I have a mortgage broker and an insurance broker and my Mortgage Broker found me the best deal in Mortgages and my Insurance Broker did the same with regards Insurance. I would recommend going to an insurance broker. They take the hassle out of it and most of them dont' charge. They get paid from the insurance company themselves.

The broker will shop around for you.

Oooh I dont trust brokers... and some are friends!!!:p
Shopped around and got good deal from EBS and everything was fairly easy, its just the life insurance quotes im getting so far have been confusing to say the least. Just awaiting a call from my existing insurance people to see what they can do for me.

Well done on getting the full Mortgage approval, Ruthie. I got a provisional loan approval last week...waiting on a full loan approval. dont' anticipate any problems though. It should all be fine.:)

Well, each to his own. Good Luck with the insurance anyhow. I know, it can be confusing.

Yvie - congrats also on the apartment.
I've been having a bit of a problem trying to get insurance - the insurance broker that I spoke to told me that I was phoning too soon to get insurance and that the bank are wrong in giving out this info! But the bank wont complete the application unless you have proof of insurance!!

Apparently though after speaking with my solicitor she told me that there are two types - one which will fall in line with the mortgage payment (mortgage protection) and the other is just life insurance that will cover the mortgage. It appears that the broker was only talking about the Mortgage protection cover to me. So now I'm going to try again and maybe insure myself for a little more than the property is worth! Fingers crosses I get someone who can help me as I know nothing about this sort of stuff.

Ruthie -88 there are deals to be got from what I could see - shop around on the net - there are a few brokers giving up to 60% off on the first year.
As for the shopping I'm gonna head up to Ikea to have a shop - been looking on their website and they have some deadly stuff. Cant wait to go. Its so annoying that the one down here didnt open when it was suppossed to :(

So far though I have bought my couch and 2 matresses - only because I got them in sales for prices I couldnt leave behind :)

Back