SDCC - property path update

Deedave: Thanks and good luck with the insurance. Its a minefield out there and I was glad I had my broker to sort things out for me. I did find him very helpful. You are right. The bank will only go so far before they need the Mortgage Protection Insurance but I don't know the ins and outs of it.

Ooh I couldnt go to Ikea .. i'd be lethal, id just buy stuff for the sake of it and coz i'd love it but with realisticaly no where to feckin put it! Still now that you put the idea in my head i may go for a browse....:D

really looking forward to getting in while the snag is being done tomorrow... got to route out the measuring tape this avo and take as many as i can while im there so i mite even try and get approx quotes for blinds and stuff.

It's an exciting time !! Im so happy to be buying an apartment. Im on the list since December 2006.

Its great being able to go in - I went the day of my snag and stayed up there for 4 hours just measuring and planning where I'd put things! Its so exciting. :) I had measured bits that I was bringing with me to make sure they would fit.

I'm going to IKEA in order to save money - have been browsing on their website and I have to say I personally think its worth the drive - so I'm not buying anything till I go there, as they are by far the cheapest I've seen. And believe me I am obsessed with shopping around for the best bargain :) I have to the money will run out sooner rather than later if I dont spend wisely!

Oh and they also do blinds up there for a fraction of the cost - so I'll defo be checking them out as the amount of windows that need to be sorted will cost a bomb!

Happy shopping :)

DeeDav
So, can you stay in the apartment for ages when you go to do the snag list? I couldn't be there the day of my snag but I intend to go when the Surveyor has to come back to check if everything is done. I hope I get to spend ages then as I want to take measurements etc. then.

Hi

I got offered a 2 bed apartment in citywest Plaza it seems big enough 83s and the living area is well spaced, but has only one bathroom which is really basic, has anybody else checked these out?

the area suits me grand so i am happy with it management fee is 1800 and there are no communal gardens

Hi Yvie

Yep you can stay as long as they are open. They had them opened from 930 to about 230 the day I went up for my snag. It was great nobody bothers you - you just go into your own apartment and do what you like. It was great everyone was so excited and friendly. Dont forget to bring a tape measure with you and measure everything. I had measured bed's and furniture that I have and intend to bring with me when I move just to make sure they would fit in the rooms where I wanted them to go. I also brought catalogues with me so I could try to picture things I liked in them in the room and also again to measure up spaces for them.

Actionmags - congrats on the apartment. No sorry havent seen those ones but I hear they are lovely. Your management fees are a lot cheaper than mine - I'll have to pay 2048 - which is a lot!

Actionmags: Yes...I think you are getting a good deal there with youir management fees. Im buying a one bed in Broadfiield Hall and I will be paying something like 1,500 or 1,600 in management fees. We do have communal gardens though.

Actionmags, congrats on getting you place, I was hoping for either Tallaght Cross or Citywest Plaza. Your apt is a lot bigger than mine at 83 sqm so the mgt fees do seem good. Mine is over €2000 for less than 70 sqm.

Well ive done my first snag and im very happy, there is nothing too much and nothing serious at all to be done my cousin is a builder and he did it for me and he was well impressed. The only thing is tho im a bit of an airhead and brought the measuring tape and forgot to measure anything!!!!:eek: I had a few people with me too and they didnt even remind me coz they were off oooh-ing and ahhh-ing at everything. I was told that the heating was electric storage heating, but it looks like its gas! Im delighted with having the gas heating tho coz its so much cheaper to run than electric!

Has anyone noticed that the landings on all the floors are quite dark? I dont think there is enought lighting for security on accessing and exiting each apartment. Also did anyone see if there are security cameras fitted to the entrance hall way?

Ruthie-81 I too noticed that it was quite dark in the landings - did the lift work for you when you went up? They appeared to be off the day I was there. I didnt notice any security camera's for the main entrance but I did notice that the intercom has a camera on it that looks at the enterance from the courtyard. It looks like we will have to buzz people in twice - once to the main building and then again when they are in the courtyard so I'm quite happy with that. Did anyone check out how you get up from the carparks? its something I forgot to check! :p

My builder was also very impressed with the finish on the apartments he said they were better than most he has seen!

Deedav, if your in any block other than block no. 2 would you not use your main entrance, other than the one you got to get to the sales office? That entrance is for block 2 only as far as i know.

Ruthie-81 - what an idiot am I? :):) I never even checked if there were seperate entrances - the two times I was there I used the same entrance and thought it was silly to have to go through one block to get to another!! Thanks for that I would have been going round in circles if you hadnt mentioned it.

Nah it took me a while to figure it too!!! Then i asked property path what the deal was. Re: Car park it seems that you go up the lift from the car park exit from where the lift space is onto the library square and then into whatever door is your entrance.

As for the lighting ive put in my snag that i wanted another light fitted to the landing for security reasons... sure its worth a shot.

The lift worked fine this morning in block 2..hopefully it stays that way!!!

Did you know it was gas central heating?

nope was under the impression that it was "low cost electric heating" and then got very confused when I saw a tag on a pipe saying gas. Rang PP to confirm and they said it was gas - so thats that sorted!

I also asked them what kind of TV we can get in and they told me NTL or if SKY agree there is a new thing that the block can apply for one dish that they share and you just pay your bill as normal. I will prob go with NTL as they do some good packages for the TV, Phone and Broadband all in one - so at least its only one bill!

Good luck with getting the light - hopefully they do fit it for you. I put down that there were a few scratches on one of the windows but the snag guy told me that they would probably never replace it as I'm on the 5th floor and the windows are huge!

God that will be a bit of a hassle getting shopping and stuff up from the car into the apartment! I would have thought the lift goes up from the carpark into the building! Oh well - what can you do :)

Im going to go with NTL aswell, I wouldnt be able to justify getting any sky package for my place as I wouldnt even watch much telly. Have you got a balcony facing the monument if so hold off on the broad band as i hear the wifi in the library is quite strong and may be picked up by our block or the capitan americas wifi too.

I agree my windows are big too but i love how light the whole place is with them just hate the idea of what its gonna cost to cover them ..eeek

Dont take what i say about the lifts as gospel tho, thats just as far as i know but the lift in the block doesnt go down any further than ground level 0

I know I also love the fact that its really bright - I think I might go with panel blinds from IKEA they are very cheap but look brilliant - I know someone who got them and they look great. They dont really keep the light out at night though but that doesnt bother me.

Thats a great idea with the WiFI - however I look out onto the courtyard so it might not stretch that far - I dont mind though I think it will only work out about 50 euro a month for all three with NTL plus whatever I rack up yaking on the phone at night :)

dunno if im gonna get a land line into the apt. cant think that far ahead yet ... yet another bill i be dangerous with... id be bankrupt before i knew it!

would you be able to get blinds that size in ikea??? Im gonna go for wooden venitians tho esp for the bed rooms coz im ground level on the communal garden so ill need them for more privacy.

ah yeah I agree with you - you will defo need them on the ground level. I'm up so high I just need them so other people cant see straight in. One of the things I noticed was that I could see straight into the apartments across from me so I will defo need something on the windows.

I'm gonna get in a phone line and put my mobile back to a pay as you go. NTL are doing for 10 euro a month (on top of the line rental) free calls after 6 monday to friday and all weekend to land lines - so I'd rather have that then continue to pay my mobile bill and as I work they are the times i'll be in!

Hi

Thanks for the reply.. it kinda freaks me out when you have to choose an apartment when you havent seen any others, i didnt want to turn it down because location is great for me but the bathroom is really basic and on en suite or anything

for tallaght cross
there is free wyfi from the library but you have to get your library card no and i think there is a change with captain americas wi fi, i am hoping that costa coffe in citywest have broadband that i can piggyback;)

Back