Public sector V Public sector

Your right folks. Lets have the PS Unions and some of their members on here tell us how to run the country. That way the IMF will be in by the spring and bring the whole lot to a shuddering reality.
They can strike and moan all they like then as little do the realise the IMF dont and wont listen to Unions.
It'll be a 10 'pint' plan after that.

Just one last thing before I have to leave I came across this post on boards.ie and I thought it summed up the whole thing perfectly.

As a non public sector worker...before people start to think I am.

What do you expect them to do...sit back and take it? Maybe the people who you have mentioned will realise how much we rely on public sector workers in our day to day lives.
The pay cuts suggested and the pension levy are the governments way of not dealing with the real problems...the pension levy conviently arrived after the government stated that they would use the pension reserve to help out the banks...da dah the pension levy was born!
If they tackled public sector reform they would find the savings they need but that is too big a job so what the hell lets just take a chunk from everyone.

I really don't get the one side vs the other...the whole country is messed up and the government hasn't got a clue how to fix it

I though if I put that you would conclude the 'others' outside of the 'some' was aimed at the public service. Dont want you making facts out what is not the case do we.

So anybody going to the birthday on Friday night.

Looking forward to it meself.

Mods close this thread

I am a public sector employee and I don`t agree with the stand being taken by our unions, and neither do a lot of my colleagues.I believe that the cuts have to be made in the best interests of the country.The best option for the government is to face down the unions-let them strike-there will be no public sympathy for the strikes only anger. After a while common sense will prevail and there will be a return to work.As well, every day the unions are on strike the government will save a small fortune on pay.

Seeing as we are picking random quotes from either side this is from another thread. Does that mean my quote is correct or SLFs?
Mr Lenihan your decision.

So anybody going to the birthday on Friday night.

Looking forward to it meself.

Mods close this thread

how does that work. Ye all go to the pub and say your a user on AAM and enjoy the night or do ye actually say what your username is and kill each other :) ..seriuosly do ye tell who ye are by username at these things?

If they tackled public sector reform they would find the savings they need but that is too big a job so what the hell lets just take a chunk from everyone.

Public Sector Unions won't tolerate reform of the Public Sector because it will, more than likely involve job losses. And where reform involves new training, public sector unions expect higher pay to "compensate" for that training (eg Gardai in recent years). That is the problem.

This says a lot for me:

Speaking on RTE's 6.1 News, Dave Thomas, Secretary General of the AHCPS, said members have lost up to 17% of their salaries as a result of the introduction of the various levies.

He conceded that his group's members, who are paid between €60,000 and €100,000 a year, are on significant wages.

But Mr Thomas said they should be treated in a similar way to those who are on comparable wages in the private sector and recent surveys had found that 70% of companies in the private sector had not reduced wages at all.

He conceded that none of his members had lost their jobs, but added that higher civil and public servants are not indifferent to the job losses in the private sector and know the pain some people are going through.

So the higher-paid public servants are striking to show solidarity with their brethren in the private sector who have lost their jobs.

how does that work. Ye all go to the pub and say your a user on AAM and enjoy the night or do ye actually say what your username is and kill each other :) ..seriuosly do ye tell who ye are by username at these things?

Well I'm gonna go in with a badge with "I wanna be Clubman"

Or walk in and stand in the circle and say "I'm addicted to Askaboutmoney" then everyone will applaud.

Or claim I'm someone else and make a complete show of myself.

I think option 3 sounds the best

I hear they've booked extra bouncers for the pub that night.
All the private sector capitalists will have the keys of their BMs and Mercs confiscated at the door, while the CS/PS bods will have to remove all facial hair (including the women) before being admitted :D

I also hear the Secret Service and Special Branch are seriously worried about certain attendees plotting simultaneous right wing and left wing coups on the night!

As precaution extra security will be placed on the GPO next Tuesday morning!

It was quite obovious that the ref last night was a private sector worker, had he been public or civil service he wouldn't have gotten it wrong.

It was quite obovious that the ref last night was a private sector worker, had he been public or civil service he wouldn't have gotten it wrong.

I don't know. The way he won't pay for his mistakes makes it look more public sector to me!

No you fool - had he been private sector he would have been flexible and used his cop-on and adapted.

He was obviously public sector - jobsworth, stickler for guidelines, won't listen to common sense, nothing to do with me...etc etc

;)

Private sector banker or Public Sector Minister for Finance I would say. F*cked up and the whole of Ireland ends up paying.

Back