Pregnant girl looking for abortion money

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way if it turns out that this is a scam, personally, I wouldn't leave it at that. I wouldn't let her get away with this.

He should call to her house with a pregnancy test and the €700 euro. Tell her to do the test while he waits, and if it proves positive (and she shows it to him) he will give her the money. He should only give her half of the cost of the trip to England, and she should pay half.

I doubt very much she hasn't got the money if she is heading to Australia at the end of the year!

By the way if it turns out that this is a scam, personally, I wouldn't leave it at that. I wouldn't let her get away with this.

Like what?
Even if it turns out she isnt pregnant she may well have thought she was when asking for the money.

I wouldnt bother with retribution, Id consider it a lucky escape and take better precautions when engaging in activities that could lead to pregnancy from here on in. Id also go for a full STD check.

If this girl turns out to be pregnant should the op's friend accept that the child is his? After all, according to the op
To be fair, i dont think he knows her all that well

I'd agree with most of what was said.

- He should only pay with proof (could he agree to reimburse her when she shows the invoices)
- He should only have to pay half (it takes 2 to tango!!)

Definitely only pay with proof although I doubt you'll get this and only pay half as well - takes two to tango, she should be paying half herself (if it's true). Personally I wouldn't believe a word of it and certainly wouldn't go out of my way to throw money at her!

He should call to her house with a pregnancy test and the €700 euro. Tell her to do the test while he waits, and if it proves positive (and she shows it to him) he will give her the money. He should only give her half of the cost of the trip to England, and she should pay half.

I doubt very much she hasn't got the money if she is heading to Australia at the end of the year!

No1 - If she is pregnant it may not be his child.
No.2 - If it is his and he agrees to a termination, I think it is more than fair that he pays the full amount. There is more than the money to consider and she is the one that will have to go through the procedure which isn't something that someone would go through lightly.

I wouldn't for a moment suggest it's an easy decision to have a termination. It must be the hardest decision any woman has to make. But regarding responsibility for her getting pregnant (if she really is), that is down to the two of them, not just the guy. Cost should be split between the two of them.

I wouldn't for a moment suggest it's an easy decision to have a termination. It must be the hardest decision any woman has to make. But regarding responsibility for her getting pregnant (if she really is), that is down to the two of them, not just the guy. Cost should be split between the two of them.

Its not just the decision, its the physical act and the aftermath that are tough to deal with. I would think that it would be a very cold man that would haggle over the costs of sending a girl to get an abortion.

I would agree with Mr Man - the guy shouldn't haggle if she is pregnant. If she isn't there's seriously something wrong with her to pull this.
I don't know why she won't agree to the test. In five minutes she'd have proof for him - end of story. The only thing I can think of was she was hoping he'd be opposed to the abortion and try and talk her out of it and was annoyed/disappointed when he didn't.

The only thing I can think of was she was hoping he'd be opposed to the abortion and try and talk her out of it and was annoyed/disappointed when he didn't.
Somehow I doubt this. If she thought he'd try and talk her out of an abortion, it would come to light fairly quickly when they go to the doctor for a scan etc.

hi, i have decided to contact her, and be polite but firm,

Errr....am I missing something blindingly obvious here but unless your friend is not copes mentes, what business is it of yours to get involved in this situation?

The poor girl is probably distraught even if she just thinks she is pregnant. The last thing she needs is anyone other than the alleged father getting involved.

Let things settle and let the ONLY people this actually concerns sort this out themselves.

Somehow I doubt this. If she thought he'd try and talk her out of an abortion, it would come to light fairly quickly when they go to the doctor for a scan etc.

My understanding from the Ops posts is she looked for the money for an abortion not that he accompany her to scans. My presumption was she said i'm pregnant and i'm going to have an abortion I need money and when he said ok have the abortion but proove you're pregnant she freaked that he didn't try and disuade her. Only a theory...

she freaked that he didn't try and disuade her. Only a theory...

I don't follow your logic. If she isn't pregnant or doesn't think she is pregnant, what would she gain from him asking her not to go through with the abortion?

She wouldn't get the financial cost of the abortion and surely she would expect that he would want to accompany her to appointments etc.

Anyway the poor girl is probably confused and distraught and I hope the two adults involved sort it out themselves.

He can't scrouge around for 700 euros? WTF?

Pay her the goddam money and be done with it. He'll never have to see or speak to her again after that and he can put it down as a 'learning experience'. Sometimes you have to pay for sanity and peace of mind and write off the cost accordingly. In this day and age 700 euros really is not that much money.

700e my butt.dont want to put the cat amoung the pegions but 10 yrs ago i had a termination in eling.it cost 590 pounds back then.

Tell him to use Reverse psychology with her.Or...........ok i'll go with you .we are in this together.
Id bet she would soon tell the truth.

Reverse psychology with her.Or...........ok i'll go with you .we are in this together.
Id bet she would soon tell the truth.

Which is what he should have done in the first place. Its not reverse psychology. Its simply facing his responsibilities!

Pay her the goddam money and be done with it.

What?!

It's far from certain that the girl is even pregnant!

She is convinced enough that she is pregnant to talk about abortion, yet won't agree to a pregnancy test nor presumably has she taken one herself - otherwise it would make sense for her to claim that she had done this already as her proof. Hmmmm :rolleyes:

If this is some scam (and it sounds very like it to me) and it all comes out, well legally it's a bit pointless to pursue but morally, it's nothing less than attempted extortion and I would treat it as such in that I certainly wouldn't let it go unpunished.

IMO it is essential that the two of them talk alone and that it can be proved that the girl is in fact pregnant for a start. Forget any talk of money, bluff calling or other negotiations until then.

I don't follow your logic. If she isn't pregnant or doesn't think she is pregnant, what would she gain from him asking her not to go through with the abortion?

She wouldn't get the financial cost of the abortion and surely she would expect that he would want to accompany her to appointments etc.

Anyway the poor girl is probably confused and distraught and I hope the two adults involved sort it out themselves.

My original post was suggesting a reason why she mightn't take the pregnancy test if she is pregnant - ie she didn't get the response from the guy she hoped for/expected and therefore refused to show him a test.

At the end of the day none of us know - we're all surmising. she might be pregnant or she mightn't be. She might be trying to get money off the guy. She might be trying to get his attention. Only she knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back