Lucan?

Sorry Johnny .....well spotted ......i worked in a sub office mainly but did have to go in once a week or so for meetings into South William Street hence my knowledge base ......

I was thinking of you this morning. Left house at 7am. Hit Dawson Street at 7.27.

Bob, I thought you had left us after reading your previous posts, I'm glad to see I was mistaken! I guess I'm not surprised to see you couldn't stay away from the place, it is great after all. I'll see what I can do about organising that helicopter straight away!

I am sure i could find a pair of runners for you, you could jog out then, and its good for you!!!

i work in the dublin city centre and people in work are always complaining of their travelling time on buses to lucan, of the 8 people i know who live in lucan they all complain on transport, some have since moved to maynooth... they liked lucan area it was just the transport issue. i live in balbriggan and get the commuter train to work, they leave on time and although they can be busy in the mornings and evenings work times its quite quick to and from work

I moved out of Lucan 2 weeks ago, within that short period of time my stress levels have reduced a lot and my quality of life has been enhanced. I found Lucan quite depressing particularly the soul destroying traffic and the vast housing estates that look the same. I can finally breathe again!

Rowhite, avoid the 15a at peak times at all cost or your stress levels will be worse than ever before! Best of luck in your new abode.

I too moved out of "new" Lucan just over a year ago and dont regret it. Was speaking to one of my old neighbours from my road who have just sold up.

It was a new estate 7 years ago when we all moved in and of our row of say, 20 new houses, there are two original neighbours left. Even my house, which I only sold a year ago, has been sold again. Most of the houses are now rented. It was the renters that really pushed me out and the way the houses were maintained. Have to say, I dont miss it a bit.

In fairness i find the bus service very good, not sure what people can complain about when you a bus lane the whole way in!! Easy to get on the bus but thats from the griffen avenue end.

I love the way people go on about getting depress with all the houses around them, like to know where in Dublin they moved to where there is no houses around them!

Any news on the Lucan Luas route? I thought thry were supposed to announce the preferred route any day

It's been delayed apparently due to the unexpected large number of submissions mainly form Lucan residents (over 2500). The RPA need more time to read through and consider the submissions.

Back