Launch of Affordable Housing at South Dublin CC

Re: Launch of Affordable Housing at South Dublin CC see www.propertypath.ie

Is it just me or are the government going against statements of not getoizing these affordable home scheme, looking at the webpage they all seem to be in Tallaght/Clondakin/Lucan and now they are swopping properties in "better addresses" for Ongar.
I'm not being snobby but surely affordable should also mean affordable in Malahide/Killiney/Blackrock/Drumcondra or would that be upsetting Berties backers

Yeah it might look like that but its all got to do with new developments and there isnt a lot of new developments happening in these areas, well in Blackrock and Killiney there isnt that many new developments happening. All these new areas have affordable homes because they are only starting to be built up and have a lot of space where homes can be built. The council cant just decide to build affordable homes anywhere.

Absolutely delighted with the one we got... brilliant views of the mountains on one side and the rest of dublin on the other side which will be amazing at night.

The deal with the solicitors is excellent too & fair play to them for making everything so easy.

I really couldnt care less tho which one I got I'm just glad to have gotten picked out.

A well known family of settled travellers famously lived on that road and named an album after it!

[broken link removed]

Got a phone call from the Estate agents yesterday to say that the contracts were being sent out and our 21 days (To sign) are starting now.

Just wondering if anyone who got an apt in Kiltipper Gate had gotten a date to do thier snag list yet?

Hi guys! Does anybody here who has been offered duplex in Belfry? Just wondering what is the price range for this property? It's starting from 181K for 3 bedroom at propertypath website, but the women from propertypath office told me it would be between 200 - 240k.

Id be more inclined to go with the €200K - €240K. I seen €165K on the website but the property we got offered was €189K so the website is a bit inaccurate, still tho its a nice price to pay.

For all of you Kiltipper Gate people (or anyone else for that matter!)

We have been told that we cant view our apartment to get measurements or do our snag list until our contract is signed.

Does anyone know if this is the norm???

rr

We signed our contract for Kiltipper Gate last week - just waiting to hear from the EA regarding snagging....can't wait to see inside!

Just heard have to give our apt up because we cant secure a mortgage!! I am so dissappointed over it :( Not the end of the world tho, it just wasnt meant to be I suppose. Oh well. Maybe next time. Best of luck to the person that gets it after me though. Its a nice apartment!!

Funnily enough, the estate agents said that they cant believe the amount of people being refused mortgages for affrodable homes. She said we are the 25th or so person that had to give it up because either the bank wouldnt give a mortgage or they would only give €130K or so to some people. This whole affordable housing thing is starting to look like a bit of a sham imo.

rr

Sorry to hear that Bassface.

But, being selfish for a while, does anyone know what now happens to the properties that people refused/couldnt get mortgages for? Do South Dublin CC put together another list? When does this happen?

ee

This is a long shot for the last bit of hope but is there anything else anyone can think of that might help us secure a mortgage for this. Just thought I'd try lol better than not asking.

What's your current salary?

Sorry to hear that Bassface. Johnjay - there is a reserve list. My friends brother got a call last week telling him that a property had been let go by someone else and he was one of the first on the reserve list - he's in the process of securing his mortgage now. Ive gotten a call from the EA saying that we can do a snag on saturday so it seems to be moving along fairly fast....

Yeah, Bassface it's very disappointed. We've got a call on 3rd of Jan telling that we are one of the first on the reserve list and now waiting for a viewing...

Back