Launch of Affordable Housing at South Dublin CC

Re: Launch of Affordable Housing at South Dublin CC see www.propertypath.ie

tt

When will you find out if you got a place? Good luck with it

Some of my in-laws have gone for this hopefully they get somewhere as well

Yes, my brother got his on Tuesday last week.

results of draw are here [broken link removed]

I had applied for this scheme but unfortunately didn't get picked. There is supposed to be some sort of reserve list but I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on it. From the results of the lottery it looks like nearly 1,700 people had applied and there were only 191 units available.

unfortunately me too... :((
we are more than 7 months on the waiting list there, very-very sad

They probably should have given priority to those on the waiting list first and then if there were any units left over put them into a lottery for anybody that just applied for that initiative. Its hardly fair to be on the list for the last 7 months for some randomer to just come in and get picked out.

I'm not on the list either, not that I am shocked!

My pin number came out on the list!! :eek:)

Congratulations Bassface that's deadly for you, which scheme were you picked out for

Thanks Samson. The initiative in South Dublin. I'm not out of the woods yet though, I still need to get a mortgage. But I was told the hardest part is over now and that I'm extremely lucky to get picked out of the lottery.

Fingers crossed :)

Do you know which housing scheme you were picked for i.e. Rosse Court, Belfry....

My friend got one in the last initiative but my in-laws weren't so lucky this time around

Kiltipper I think. My mate told me, cant remember. What are the chances of getting a mortgage? I heard they are fairly high once the council send you "confirmation to lender". Really hope it goes smoothly cos I dont need any more stress and hassle.

You should have no hassle once you have the paperwork

You are much better off going straight to the bank than trying to get a broker they seem to just confuse things!!

I got drawn out for Kiltipper too.

Hopefully the mortgage will be ok... I can feel my hair turning grey already!

That's so funny, literally the day I signed my house papers I found my first grey hair...

We applied for this scheme a couple of years ago and were put abot 350 on list I e-mailed the office and realistically asked them if they thought we would get a place and I was told that at a push they would be only giving out up to 30 houses, yet they took the deposit of €100 from everyone - and I reckon there were much more than 350 on the list!
Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown taking the €100 was scandalous. Will be mentioning this rip-off when the TD-hopefuls come knocking on my (rented) door next Spring.

I got picked for Kiltipper too....there's 40 houses in that development, I've been out there its not that big. I'm really really worried about ghettoisation! (bad speling I know) The 'Affordables' are all at the rear of the estate, and really you have to wonder why the Developer there has no qualms about giving up so many when all other Developers will smother their mother to get out of the Part V clause.

Durkans give so many affordable houses as they "swapped" land in city centre with the government.
nothing sinister!
[broken link removed]

Back