Launch of Affordable Housing at South Dublin CC

Samson26

Hi

I know it's really late timing but South Dublin County Council are launching a new phase of affordable housing the only problem is the closing date is tomorrow.

Check out their website at [broken link removed]

Sorry for lateness of post but computer's been acting up

Re: New Launch of Affordable Housing

Hi, is there any links or info on releases on the North Side that you know of?
C.

Hi, is there any links or info on releases on the North Side that you know of?

Yeah, it was in the Irish Indo last week. Fingal have Units available in Ongar, but are not so affordable - as far as I remember they are starting at €240k for a 2 bed. I have emailed them for an application form, but no reply so far. I cant find any application form on their website for the Affordable Housing initiative - only the standard Affordable housing one. Try emailing them at [email protected]

Is it just me or does the income limit of €56,000 a year seem very high, considering the properties are only €176,500 to buy?

Re: Launch of Affordable Housing at South Dublin CC see www.propertypath.ie

Worse than that, it's crazy that somebody on €56,000 is eligible for "affordable" housing. Stopping now before I veer into Letting off Steam territory...

56k X4 doesn't buy you much these days.

Which is why I had to borrow 54 x 5.5

But then at the other scale you do not qualify if you do not earn over 30k which I think is ridiculous as was stated earlier these are supposed to be for people on a low income that can't afford a house

Samson26, thank you. Just got my fax in at 2.15 for my kid brother.

Does
"will have a gross income between 30,000 and 56,000 in the previous tax year"
refer to the fact that someone on less than 30k couldnt afford the mortgage on a 176k house?

I read the link above. Is there an actual list where first come first served applies or is it always a lottery?

Worse than that, it's crazy that somebody on €56,000 is eligible for "affordable" housing. Stopping now before I veer into Letting off Steam territory...

Its only for the initiave, its not for the council's normal affordabel housing. Read the site properly

I thought there were 2 types - one where u go on a waiting list and get offered something within a year or two from that council and the other where u get a fax in by a closing time for a lottery?

There are 2 types but as was stated earlier the lottery is for this new initiative scheme.

As far as i am aware the other list is just for your regular affordable housing where you are given a number and you should hopefully get closer to a house every year

The initiative has decided to do a lottery this year after the mayhem that happened with their last launch

Is it just me or are the government going against statements of not getoizing these affordable home scheme, looking at the webpage they all seem to be in Tallaght/Clondakin/Lucan and now they are swopping properties in "better addresses" for Ongar.
I'm not being snobby but surely affordable should also mean affordable in Malahide/Killiney/Blackrock/Drumcondra or would that be upsetting Berties backers

Is it just me or are the government going against statements of not getoizing these affordable home scheme, looking at the webpage they all seem to be in Tallaght/Clondakin/Lucan and now they are swopping properties in "better addresses" for Ongar.
I'm not being snobby but surely affordable should also mean affordable in Malahide/Killiney/Blackrock/Drumcondra or would that be upsetting Berties backers

Very true, Jabber. The only places I have seen Affordable Housing available are Tallaght, Clondalkin, Lucan, Ongar, Mullhuddart, Feltrim and Meakstown. VERY few outside these areas.

I was told if you look on the Dun laoghaire councils website that it tells you that they are not giving out affordable houses as it is too expensive for them to acquire them!!

We applied for this scheme a couple of years ago and were put abot 350 on list I e-mailed the office and realistically asked them if they thought we would get a place and I was told that at a push they would be only giving out up to 30 houses, yet they took the deposit of €100 from everyone - and I reckon there were much more than 350 on the list!

Back