Launch of Affordable Housing at South Dublin CC

Re: Launch of Affordable Housing at South Dublin CC see www.propertypath.ie

aimsir te - why are you worried about ghettoisation? you qualified is there something about yourself that worries you that others like you may make the area bad? you're happy to benefit from the scheme yet are worried that others who have also benefitted will bring the area down? some people are never happy!

Last edited:

cc

My girlfriend & I were approved for Kiltipper Gate. I got a phone call last week telling me that all our documentation was fine and it was now "up to the banks".

They said that they would be writing to us this week but we have not recieved it yet.

Good luck folks!

aimsir te - why are you worried about ghettoisation? you qualified is there something about yourself that worries you that others like you may make the area bad? you're happy to benefit from the scheme yet are worried that others who have also benefitted will bring the area down? some people are never happy!

I think he meant the other people in the estate/development look down on him cos he got the affordable home.

When I was up there it looked like they were all mixed about as some were empty and some had people living in them. I think its all mixed up so as not to cause "ghettoisation"

I received a letter today from DSCC. It is not that Confirmation for Lender Certificate by confirmation that I meet the requirements to get a mortgage on the property I was picked out for (Kiltipper Gate). It says Douglas Newman Good are the agents for this property and they will be in touch shortly to arrange a viewing on the property. If I do not attend the viewing they arrange I could lose the property. A booking deposit of €3000 is required to hold the property (bank draft or cheque only) - this will be used as part of the 3% deposit for the house. You have to bring the receipt for this deposit back to SDCC for the confirmation for lender certificate. I am not too sure what happens after this as my dad was reading it out to me over a very dodge mobile connection.

;)

Duiileog,

Make sure you go there not on the day set for viewing but a couple of days before as it happened in Belfry and Lucan that people were queuing there 5 days before their appointment.
There is a first come-first served. The early the better!

No its not a free for all anymore. The apartments are already allocated to the people. They did this because of what happened the last time. If you want to find out for yourself ring the estate agents on the letter you received for your viewing.

I was on to the estate agents yesterday making an appointment to view the apartment we were allocated in Kiltipper Gate.

It is NOT a queing system anymore... the way they work it is based on the order you were drawn out in the lottery... i.e if you were first out of the hat you have first choice and so on...

For all you Kiltipper Gate folks... there are 7 x 3 Bedroom apartments & 45 x 2 Bedroom apartments. That means that the first 7 people out in the draw could get all of the 3 Bedroom units.

2 Beds prices range from 189,000 - 198,000
3 Beds prices range from 206,000 - 212,000

Hi Jiminie,

Where did you get the information about the price of the apartments?? No-one I spoke to in SDCC or DNG could tell me a definite price.

Got the info from the girl that rang me to confirm the appointment to view the apartments.

Its not a definite price... just a "price range".

what is the max mortgage allowed? is it €185, so in theory you could end up needing a deposit of roughly 20k for a 3 bed? When will they tell me what i've been allocated?

I also got drawn out for a place in Kiltipper. I was told by the girl who rang me that prices for the 2 beds start from €189000. In the letter I was told that BOI and EBS are the only places that I could secure a mortgage from. I assume that this is because they do an affordable housing loan. If you go onto the websites there is information regarding their mortgages. BOI say that you can borrow up to 4.5 times your salary as a couple and I think the same for a single. EBS state that you are not limited to a mortgage of 185k from them - I think that this was only the case when it was a county council loan in previous affordable housing schemes.....have to check it out fully though...

In the previous Affordable Initiative offer was still with BOI and EBS.

kiltipper gate?

anyone here having their viewing of their affordable property here tomorrow? Im still having a hard time getting a price for any of the units from propertypath. have confirmed that the max mortgage available is 185-000.

Re: kiltipper gate?

hey there affordable

can you explain to me what that means in your post

"have confirmed that the max mortgage available is 185-000"

does this mean thats the cost of it to you??? or that the max mortgage that you will get for it and the rest you have to put to it from savings or what....

many thanks paddy

www.chupasart.com

ww

Thought they were very nice, although two of the types I thought were a bit pokey. Got my second choice as there was 4 types of apartment available so I was very happy with that.

Back