Clifden Road Ballyfermot

Hey Lou,

Did u get a chance to go up and check if the snag was done? there supposed to ring you so you can go up and de-snag make sure they fixed everything on your list. I dont really want to mail Yvonne again id say she hounded with mails and phone calls. Might pop up later and c can i c anything!

Hey New User,

No didnt get a chance to go up ,,, I reckon its too dark in the evenings,
might wait till Sat and go up early...
Still havent heard anything yet though Have You ???

No havent heard anything... i've given up on asking DCC when we'll get the contracts so when ever our solicitor rings and tells us he has them i'll only believe it then!

got a call off the place that deliver for reids our sofa is coming out on the 25th! nightmare! ive rang around storage places and that elephant place u mentioned is the cheapest, €133 for a 35sq ft for a month... have to put it into storage.. ive no were else to put it!

Hey Girls,

was talking to Ruth the solicitor in DCC, the maps (outlining exacatly what land we own) still havent come in yet, shes expectiong them in the next 2 weeks. So the contracts wont be going out untill then :(
dont bank on getting you keys untill January!

surely reids will store it for you for a while?? I have a bed, sofa, unit, dresser and dining set all being stored for me by different places!! ask them, tell them ur very sorry but there's been a delay on ur apartment and it should be a couple of weeks. Just keep saying that, its worked for me!

Reids dont actually store or deliver them, they use an outside company for that, i told them i was goign away for 2 weeks so they held it for a further 2 weeks, but that was the bes they could do. Sure got my bed in diamond living and if u dont collect it when it arrived, they charge you a percentage of the cost of the bed per week they hold it!
I found a cheaper storage place on Kylemore Rd, €70 a week so its not to bad..

hey girls! anyone heard anything else as to where we're at at the moment with it all?? i'm going up to view the house again on saturday so at least i'll be able to check if the snagging has been done!

Hey,

last week i was talkingt to ruth (DCC's Solicitor) still waiting on the maps! i've emailed her this morning tho, so if i hear anything i'll keep you's posted

went up to view the house again yesterday, nothing has been done on it since the 1st viewing in august/september.... absolutly nothing has been done!!!

hey Emma,

did they let you in the house?? did you have an appointment? to be honest i'm really mad about all ths delay.. already bought everything and it we will not move in jan...i'll be in big trouble...i can't imagine how you feel as everything is arrived.....

Hi Rita

Yeah, i had an appointment booked to go in.... wasn't overly impressed that nothing had been done! I'd love to know what the delay is....!!!

Hey Girls,

My Solicitor rang me yesterday asking is there any movement from DCC i gave him Ruths (DCC's Solicitor) contact details, he said he's dealt with her before so he's rang her he had to leave a voice mail, and he sent her a mail awell, so hopefully things will get moving soon. He said he'll fast track everything. He reckons if he gets the contracts this week or next he'll get us the keys christmas week. hope he's being realistic and not over optimistic!

Hey! Got a call from Yvonne in DCC yesterday - Said that the snag list had been completed (very surprised with that because nothing had been done on saturday when i was there!) We are to expect a call from the builders to check over it again in the next two weeks. Said that everything is moving well and they are pushing for it to be before christmas - said it will possibly run into christmas week! I asked her could i hold off until after christmas and she said thats no problem....! Looks like things are finally moving!!

that's at least some good news! Hopefully I'll get a call soon too, if I can close before Christmas I defo will, won't move in before Christmas now! But even if I could get the alarm hooked up, and other stuff done so we could move in just after that'd be great! At least that way I wouldn't be staying there gettin the lights done and floors and painting be great!

whooooo! got a call from Yvonne, snag list is complete the builder will ring to make an appointment to go up and de-snag..... she did say that he has only done what he deems to be on a 'normal' snag list. wonder what he hasnt done! the back wall is missing capping stones hope he fixed that, that'd really annnoy me! she also said the maps are just about ready so she hopes that the contracts will be gone out by the end of the week if not early next week! least things are moving i suppose, its only been 5 1/2 months since i got the phone call offering it! it'll be 6 1/2 by the time were in there, it says on the offer letter that please note it takes 12-14 weeks for conveyancing! Ye right! try 28 weeks!

Hey! Got a call from Yvonne in DCC yesterday - Said that the snag list had been completed (very surprised with that because nothing had been done on saturday when i was there!) We are to expect a call from the builders to check over it again in the next two weeks. Said that everything is moving well and they are pushing for it to be before christmas - said it will possibly run into christmas week! I asked her could i hold off until after christmas and she said thats no problem....! Looks like things are finally moving!!

Hi Emma1980,

I am buying an apartment in Herberton, Dublin 8. Still waiting for DCC to forward papers to my solicitor. I would love to wait and move into in January (more time to save) but what about the Government Equity Scheme? As far as I know any contracts signed after January 1, 2009 will be included into the new scheme which is why I am in a panic to sign before Christmas (please tell me that I'm wrong)

p.s. Congrats on getting a house

Hi Delphi,

i was assured by DCC that any house already offered will go ahead under the normal affordable housing scheme. Ring the person dealing with your development in the affordable housing section and just get them to putyour mind at ease! but im sure you dont have to worry.

Hi Delphi

No, don't be worrying about that - from what i was told, its got nothing to do with the affordable housing scheme, its gonna be like a replacement for the shared ownership scheme. It will be for anyone that is offered a place in January onwards - you will have already paid your deposit and all so you've nothing to worry about!

Hi Emma1980 and NewUser1,

Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Best of luck in your new home :)

Back