Clifden Road Ballyfermot

well i already rent a flat so we have a lot of the nesecities already thank god!! it'll just be a case of transfereing the appliances and sofa and bed!! so thankfully its not gonna be too bad for us. Im just dead excited by it! Even more happy now that there is a 2nd toilet haha!!

You can do it yourselves or you can hire someone to do it, i think its €300?? cant really remember.... we had a few issues like the back wall some of the capping stones were missing. The window was all marked from them pulling stuff trough, we had a hole at the side of the fire place, nails were left in the skirting boards. Nothing major at all. paint work marked and that. Just make sure you put every tap on in the house at the same time leave it running, just to make sure no leaks are anywhere!

Oh i thought the council done it and we had to be there to view or something like that!! So basically i can arrange for someone to do it for me and they will give us the keys to go in and do it??

Yep usually you just go up and the security guy on site let us in. You have an hour to do it, if you want to get your mam, dad to let them have a peak bring them with you. My Dad went over and the security guy let him in. Nosey parker so he is! oh actually one big thing that we did notice and were advised to put on the snag list that there was no rad in the sitting room! really weird, they cant expect you to heat the room with that electric fire. You arrange to do it youself and you have a week to give the snag list back to Lisney or you can pay someone to do it, if you google snag list you'll get a good few tips. I wasnt expecting to hear anything from the affordable housing for a good few years, we went on it in December 2006, 1st place we were offered as well. Do you know the area at all? We live not to far away at the mo just in Walkinstown so its not far at all. Just dotn know anyone from there

My sisters boyfriend used to work at snagging houses so i shall get him to do it for me i think!! Don't know the area too well, have a couple of friends from the area so thats handy! Im originally from tallaght but living in town the last couple of years now...

Thats handy, its still not far from tallaght either. At least you dont have to rent anymore and pay someone elses morgtage! my friend was paying €1125 a month to rent a 1 bed apartment on Cork St crazy! she was on the affordable list 6 months and she got offered a one bed in ashtown (just beside castleknock) but it was €240,000! pricey for a 1 bed apartment. She turned it down, At least with the house we got, its a place where u can stay for a long time, and if you had kids dont have to move coz ur stuck in an apartment. Did u meet your neighbours? When we signed a nice couple got the house next door, they had a little girl say about 5/6.
Id love to ask the council to hurry up and send out the legal documents so we can sign them, its just them holding things up at the mo, id say im doing poor yvonnes head in with the emails, im just excited really and am gettin a little impatient i want it all done yesterday!

haha! you sound like me!! i'm the most impatient person ever!! but even if its not til christmas then i'll be happy - that would be a nice time to move in!! im dreading the cost of the floor boards and carpets, i'd say that'll cost a bomb!! but thats really gonna be the only big expense that we should have hopefully.... i'll ring the estate agents in the next couple of days about getting the snag done...do they allow them to be done on saturdays do ya know? or even evenings?

Well the day we went up lisney were there giving out more houses and so that was obviously during the day time. there a security guy on site 24/7 all she does is ring him and say your on the way around so i cant see there being a problem if you tell her thats the only time you can do it.
Are you on the Clifden road its self were the majority of the houses are? Im in a cul de sac there are 4 semi detached but the rest are the attic converted houses. We went to get tiles from the hall into the kitchen / Diner and we needed 40 y2 €2300 without gout or adchesive :( there was a half price sale on and they only went down to €1150, but i saw an advert in the paper for B&Q they were selling boxes of tile 600x600 (the sixe i want) for €9 a box that weekend only, i went to every B&Q and got the whole floor for €236!!!! i was delighted with myself taught i was a right little bargain hunter!!!! where just going to get the wooden floor for the living room and our bedroom first and worry about the other 2 bedrooms at a later stage! but u do have a lot of landing and stairs to cover don't you!

wow! that was a good price alright!! i want the solid pine wooden floors in the sitting room, kitchen & hall. Just gonna get the cheaper floor boards then for the bedrooms but i'll probably just do them one at a time!!
thats grand about security being there all the time. Im gonna try get access this weekend to do it....
yeah, we're were the main lot of houses are. i viewed croftwood and they were the same as the ones where i am...

Rang the estate agents re the snag. Said that they've not started them yet and that they would call me as soon as they are ready to do them....

Oh really, maybe i pestered them so much they gave in!, drive ways around croftwood are sligtly bigger but everything is totally the same! my friend got solid wooden floors in her house and they are ruined already, the heals of her shoes dented them! wouldnt mind there so expensive!!
maybe she needs her shoes re-healed! ha would of been cheaper!

ha ha thats funny!!! yeah i think it'll be shoes off at the front door in my house now ha ha!!

Ahhhhhhhhhh!! want to scream jusr heard form the council that the deal prob won't close untill November/ December!!! im gutted now!

well i was originally told by the council that it would be december / january before i could expect the keys so i'm not shocked by that! did they say why it would be longer than you expected? when i had the mortgage advisor from lisney up with me the other day he was shocked that they were saying so long and he expected it to be early november! im really not in any hurry though and don't mind waiting until the new year for it

they still havent done our snag list yet, and apparantly DCC have to have someone sign off the house and then they send out the Contract & legal docs to out solicitor, and as soon as we get those is takes 4-6 weeks for the sale to close.. DCC said they expect to send out the contract in 2-4 weeks. i was originally told by DCC we will have the keys to move in last week in October. Im just worried we wont be able get tilers & stuff so near to christmas. our sofa is due 22nd nov and they dont hold it! hope were in before then :(

well thats the thing, if its gonna drag on so close to christmas you'll be as well off holding off until after christmas - you'll never get people to do what needs doing for you! I'm still waiting to do the first snag, still waiting on lisney to ring me back about it!

We done the snag in August and now its going in to October and they still havent got back to us about the snag being sorted! the ppl we need to do stuff are all friends elec, tilers, carperters and that, so they'll just be doing nixers after work so im sure they'll be easy going enough, i hope ;)
i suppose the house will be there its not going anywhere! but its so annoying when the dates keep changing.

yeah that true, i know its frustrating for you!! deep breathes though, you'll get there in the end!

Doing the snag on Saturday afternoon!! So excited, i've been dying to see the house again!!! And im meeting the financial man from lisney on saturday aswell because he said he got approval from all the banks so hopefully it wont be long now!!

Hey newuser...did you have your place valued yet? What did they value it at and was your clawback roughly right?

Yep EBS sent out a valuer we had to pay €127, and they valued it the same as DCC @ €310,000... claw back is 22% roughly i think. did your valuation come back different? apparantley if it does you still have to pay the same price but the claw back will change. let us know how you get on. We done our snag list coming up to eight weeks ago now and still havent heard if the stuff has been sorted yet! so im thinkin we'll be in christmas 2009!

Back