Clifden Road Ballyfermot

just a tip, you should measure all your rooms while your up there on saturday so you can get prices for flooring and stuff. instead of waiting untill you get the keys, coz theres a lot of good sales on at the mo! got a phone call of dimaond living to collect the bed, it came 4 weeks early! :( going to try pawn it off on my sister to keep in her house!

hey thats not a bad idea, i'll do that on saturday - never even thought of doing that!!
we haven't had it valued yet - i was just wondering if there was any difference - dcc have it valued at 295k and the clawback is 20%.....

i'm all excited about seeing the house again cuz we never actually got to see the house we're buying! we just saw one that was the same, i'm just dying to see MY actual house!!

Did they not give you the number of the house and stuff? it was our house they had opened to show ppl the semi detached houses, so that was the only reason we saw our actual one! Im getting really edgy now, i just want the quays, feels like its ages away! it'll be just about 6 months from the date i got the phone call untill we move in so i think i've been really good and patient! and am really starting to struggle finding space to put stuff, i've bloody frying pans and towels under my bed at this stage! its real exciting tho... where u on the list long?

ah i know what number house it is alright, just haven't been in that house!! we got the call about the house the last week in august so its only been 5 weeks so far for me! we applied to dcc in december 07 and got accepted in february 08 so its all been very fast for us!!

we're lucky in the sense that we really don't need to buy a whole lot when we move in because we have most things in our flat already (well, all the main things anyway!!) i've been looking into house alarms the last couple of days - works out around €500 which isn't too bad i suppose - that'll be first on the list before i move anything into the house!!

I was thinking maybe they are purposly holding up you and everyone that accepted in june so that they could just do everyone together??

There doing something alright!

we got a letter to say we were accepted Dec 06, we werent planning on even buying because i taught we'd be on the list a good few years! so we said we'll just get our name on! my sister was on it 5 years, she ended up buying normal out in lucan

we totally werent expecting it, but we got offered a house so thats why we jumped at the chance... we were only planning to start saving after xmas! that plan went out the window.

yeah same here, we turned down two apartments in the hope of getting the house but really didn't expect it to be so sudden!! we just applied thinkin "well, there's no harm in it - we won't hear from them for a year at least" and we got offered everything we ticked within a few months!!

Hi guys. good thing is that if we will move in after Christmas, we can get really good deal on furniture,flooring and ect. We are thinking to repaint all inside as walls are white and to put new tiles in bathroom upstairs.
did you get your life insurance and mortgage protection?

Hey Rita,

ive gone abit mad already, got the tiles all ready! ha... we have the paint aswell, mostly all cream now, but be better than the white! Did u do your snag list yet? what type of house did u get.

got all the insurances sorted, all with Irish life. also got morgtage payment protection thats optional its €53 a month. but if u get let go they pay the morgtage, or if you get sick or something.

when did u get offered your house?

Bit of good news! i was speaking with Yvonne in DCC today (i prob have the girls head wrecked, shes patients of a saint!) the request went up to their legal division to sent the legal documents over to our solicitor, it'll still be a few weeks untill our solicitor gets them, but at least things are still moving! i was worried we hadnt heard anything back about the snag list but still can still move ahead without it being done.

Hey,

We got house in Clliffden trc (3 bedroom in the attic). DCC offered it July 08, we been extreamly lucky, as we join this scheme only in Dec 07.
We did our snag list 3 weeks ago.

hey newuser! any news on the houses yet? was in spain for the week so i only got to send in my snag list now!! not too much wrong, few bits and pieces but nothing major.

ur so lucky hope u had better weather than us! wrotten rain most of the week. yvonne said that they sent up the instruction to the legal department, which means they'll send out the legal paper work to our solicitor so from when our solicitor receives it, it can take 4-6 weeks.... but it can take up to 4 weeks for dcc to send out the paper work!
leas things are on the move... but she did say that it can take up utill the sale closes to complete the snag.... popped up the other day to the house, doesnt look like they made a start on it from te outside anyway.
least things are movin so im chuffed! any news on urs yet missus?

yeah it was a nice break, weather wasn't bad but at least it was a week off work!!
well hopefully i'll hear back from them this week, they'll receive the snag by email tomorrow.... can't believe that they wait until the final week to complete the snag - that would delay it further if they hadn't completed all the things you pointed out!!
so its looking like after christmas probably for you? i'm assuming it'll be the same for me too so! but as rita said, at least we can get our stuff in the sales!! oh and about the painting, from what i believe, you shouldn't paint the walls for 10/12 months on a new house as the plaster or something has to set properly - if you paint the walls, it'll take about 6 coatings to get anything to barely show up!! that'll wreck my head living with white walls ha ha!!

oh we have over 40 litres of paint for the house, i'll be painting over them white walls! (prob need more aswell depending on how many coats... i'll let you know if it eats it up! my uncle is a plaster they usually use polysealer/ polybond (something along that line) on the bare plaster before they paint so it doesnt eat it up so hopefully theyve done that in our houses! i dont know if everyone will be moving in and around the same time, or if its because the ball got rolling in june for us... im hoping to be in end of november, with abit of luck, try get the house in some shape for christmas! but i can see it been bloody mid december if my luck is anything to go by!
they can finish the snag list before the sale closes, but they dont have to but she said to be dont worry it wont hold things up, that what i was worried about! great news about the interest rate going down aswell it took €130 of our morgtage a month!

thats great news about ur repayments! we were meant to be going for the tracker mortgage with ebs but i heard on the news yesterday that ebs have pulled the plug on tracker mortgages! just hoping that the mortgage advisor put the application in last week! i'll have to email me this morning about it!

We wanted the tracker mortgage aswell, and EBS wouldnt give it to us, he said they don't do it with affordable housing :( and we applied back in June! Were just on the standard variable with them now. But there's rumours the interest rates are to drop again which wud be great!

just remembered that they wouldnt give us a tracker morgtage because we were getting 100% off them... and you have to give them at least an 8% deposit (so in our case €19,200) so i take it your giving them a deposit to get one off them. i asked for a tracker at the start but they said we couldnt get one

no we didn't pay a deposit?? and we got 100%???
im confused now because Stephen from Lisney (is that who u spoke to?) said that we were approved for it! tried contacting him today but got no response....bit worried now!

I applied directly to EBS i never went through Lisney (didnt kno they offered the service) im sure if you were told u can get a tracker u can. let me know how you'll get on because i'll demand one! i have emails off the guy from EBS that were dealing with saying we cant have it because were getting 100%. we already signed the loan offer tho :(

Back