Clifden Road Ballyfermot

Yeah ill have to call them on Monday and ask them lots of stuff, coz I'll need to get it clear because I really expected the repayments to be lot less to be honest. Its all giving me headache to be honest, just want the sale to go through. Think ill send in the forms Monday anyways, then call them to ask few things and then just sit back and wait for things to move along. I've been shopping online for Home Insurance, they say we need it to state in policy that house covered for Fire and Flooding but ive ben looking through some polices online and it doesnt spec mention anything about that, im going to call Quinn 2moro and Hibernian and ask them, got quotes of 400 for the year which is alright.

Yeah thats good. When i got a price on a normal mortage repayments for 35 years it was 733 for the first 7 years then 870 for the remainder. i think its a bit dear but the only way to get on the property ladder. Also the houses are really nice

Yeah they are, ill try to get more percentage on the mortgage but if not then ill have to settle with it until next year when I can buy them out, either way im happy. We went up to get tiles, Homebase have special offer next weekend, some peach coloured floor tiles for kitchen, 6 Euro per box of 4, so we would need 40 Euros to get the floor tiles, then 2 tubs of adhesive, 30 Euro each plus the grouting, all in all looking at 150, we bought table and chairs in Homebase tonight, 219, and same one in Kavanaghs 380, what a bargain.. . . I've turned into an ewl one.

Emma I hope you have the red carpet laid out at my halldoor for my arrival. I want trumpets blaring too.

Im going to DCC on Monday to hand deliver the docs, and hopefully ask the guy at the desk some questions about the application, im then assuming ive to hang around until the closing time, although ill contact them in about another weeks time for an update.

What stage you at Karl, did you send them back in the SO3 forms yet? You shouldnt delay on it, when ever I got the forms I had them signed and sent back to them the next working day.

Only got so3 on thursday. I usually have them in next working day as well plus I always hand reliever them. Don't trust the post. I'll have full approval this week. And the told me two weeks after that till closure. So I wrecken 2 and a half weeks for me.

Dont hate but my closing date is next Thursday, bet yours wont be long off. Did you get your Home Declaration form sorted out? I can hardly wait, have to go get Home Insurance tomorrow. So basically how its working is, me and my partner would go to the solicitors on day of closing, the commissioner at the solicitor signs the document and we sign it with him witnessing it on day of closing, then we leave the solicitors and go to DCC office to sign more papers and thats it, then they give you letter of release so you can call the security fella and he gives you keys, does meter readings etc.

When we get insurance they need to to bring insurance details on day of closing, thats why im taking out insurance now so that they will send to me before hand so I will have it on the day, also need to bring two recent payslips along with us on the day.

I asked the girl in Law dept was there anything else we needed to do in the meantime, she said that was it for the moment but if anything popped up someone would contact me. Just 9 days to go until the signing date :) Karl did they give you an exact date yet? I wonder are other people closing next week also or will I be the only one thus far. So much to organise, so little time. Homebase have tile sale this weekend, so am going to raid the place this weekend.

Last edited:
Good stuff. No no date yet. Hopefully soon. So from full app to close it's only 13 days?? Would be that right.

My opinion of it is, since I got my full approval, thats when things started to move fast. Basically when it goes up to the law dept, few days later thats when we got the date, my app is only in law dept since 18th, so less than a week later I got a date, but I chose my date, could of had later, but want to get in there asap, to get house alarms, floors, front and back spot lights etc.

Yeah I want to be in a s a p too. I can't wait to get my date just so I know. Could you have moved in any earlier

Think next Thursay rather was earliest date, they need few days to finalise all docs for signing I think.

Yeah I'd say so. I'm gonna see can puss mine through the same day as yours cause they might seen they'd be able to take down a few fences at once.

Your going to see if you can wha :-O
If I were you id keep asking them to get it to the law department as if they have it there, your laughing. Bare in mind you need final approval before they can really send it to law dept, like I was told by one dept it was in with law, but called someone else and actually it wasnt sent there until few days later. Just dont mention my name to them as dont what they to push back my date :)
Its getting real exciting now, me, my fiancee and my son all have september birthdays so this is the best present we could have asked for, imagine xmas in your own home.
Its going to be great, I apologise in advance for noise pollution for my house parties,hehe. Jaysus what time it is, the baby will wake up at 6.30am so better get to slumber land.

Thats excellent news, once it goes to law department your laughing, next step is girl called Orla will call you and let you know whats happening and the date and so on. Your in one week after me, so its not long at long. Time to get all your bits together now, sort alarm, flooring, appliances. We are going to the flooring place beside post office in Ballyer, he does some good deals if you get few floors done at once.

However NOW is the time to get your Home Insurance, even take it out today, so that the docs arrive in time because you need these insurance docs on date of closing, I took out insurance yesterday but am sweating that the docs wont arrive by next wednesday so am hoping for the best.

Did you get full approval letter, it mentions about this insurance on this, can I also ask how much your repayments are? Did they mention how much you would need to pay back in clawback if you sell within 20 years? Although its unlikely anyone will sell the home.

When you think about it, the sale process took little over 3 months, not long at all.
All in all I had a good experience with the AH Department. Think its great government has something like this in place to give people chance to own their own home..... which might I add is fully fitted and finished to an excellant standard.

Will you move your stuff as soon as you get keys or are getting floors done first. Think we will get the floors done first.

Im going at the weekend to buy oven hob in B&Q, just 360Euros. Buying kitchen and hallway tiles also so that they can be fitted as soon as we get the keys to the house. Because then we will want to get the appliances in asap. Then get flooring dont, paint our bedroom, then move our stuff in and we will be sorted.

It's in the post. But she said it definatly signed and definatly going to law today. She gave me rough repayments price but they were stress tested at 4.5% and it's for 75/25. It's curently at 2.5%. €1115.00. So wit tax relief and at 2.5 Its at the 1000 mark.

I'll try save you a bit of money. Go to currys beside B & Q and the hob and oven are only 299 and delivery is only 19.

Have all our stuff bought. Only small thing like accesories needed. I'll put the alarm in then I'll paint first. Then I'll do all the floors except laying carpet. Then in wit the furniture.

Went to D.I.D last night and bought Fridge Freezer and Washing machine, getting delivered end of next week so its grand. Was supposed to be 20% off but we didnt save an awful lot of money, just 40 squid off the appliances and he threw in free delivery for both appliances which wasnt bad or maybe its free delivery anyway,lol. Will go to B&Q to see this offer on the oven/hob that they have there. I did see one in Currys for 299E
its the one that they let you take home today, only problem with it was that although the oven is electric, the hob was gas and thats no good to us with toddler. We will see what they have on offer, ill price my dishwasher for when im buying it, probably next year. At weekend also getting tiles, I know I mentioned in previous posts but guess im just excited so wanted to say it again :)

Back