Clifden Road Ballyfermot

I doubt they'll pass on that much!! I'm confused, ya know the way the rate decreased in October by 0.5% - that brought ebs from 5.38% to 4.88% - well, in November i heard again that the rate reduced by a further 0.5% and that the banks would be passing that on in full too.... But on the EBS website, they only have news of the first 0.5% - i emailed them about it but the didn't really answer me, they just said that the current rate was 4.88%!! I know the first one applies from mortgage payments taken in December (as you pay a month behind) - but i'm starting to think i was hearing things with the second one!! Did you hear anything about it??
So, if your paying a month behind, and the mortgage is drawn down at anytime this month, does that not been that your first payment would be in January regardless??

As soon as i get the keys i'm gonna apply for the interest relief, you can do it online, but it can take up to EIGHT weeks!!!

oh ye there was a rate cut in november defo of 0.5%, we passed on the rate cut to our customers in here... i've just emailed the guy im dealing with in EBS to ask him are we receiving the nov cut and to calulate our repayments!

if the morgtage is drawndown before the 6th/7th day of any month, your 1st payment is due on the 7th of that month.... but if u drawdown the 8th or anyday after that your 1st payment is due on the 7th of the following month... thats with ebs anyway... i have a mail off one on the guys from EBS stating that anyway i'll try find it and i'll post it! it's prob clearer than how im trying to explain it!!! Not good at that haha

i doubt your solicitor will drawdown the funds by tomorrow if the bank hasnt got the insurance and stuff, they wont release the cheque untill they get that, so you wont have to pay untill the 7th Jan! One less thing to pay before Xmas!!!! u all set for xmas?

Well i actually heard it again on the news this morning that there was one in November, and about the new one due today - god it would be great if they passed on the 3rd one in full too aswell as the 2nd one!!!
Yeah, well our life assurance still hasn't been sorted yet - its meant to be completed today - the broker is gonna hand deliver it to Haven so that'll be tomorrow probably!
Yours is drawing down on Monday, yeah? Gonna email Yvonne again to see if she has an update on the bannisters - i'll contact the solicitor then on Monday and give him the go ahead then....

I sent Yvonne a mail just saying our snag is sorted now, i dont know if she needs to keep a record of these things, plus dont want anything delaying the house!

Ye i think were still ok to drawdown monday our solicitor said he received new title documents yesterday, i assume there from DCC... i wonder if there the things we have to sign to get the house put in our names??? If i hear from him today i'll ask. and he said it was a good sign DCC have the keys that means were closing soon, so tomorrow week we should be getting the keys.

hopefully she's heard somehting about the snag for you, id say they'll get it fixed for you... and i cant see it taking that long, esp if they got a roofer out to my house they'll defo get u a carpernter, wait and u see they'll try get into your house and they'll say DCC have the keys!

I've just emailed her now about it.... I'll let ya know what she says....
This post will be deleted if not edited immediately, i'm gonna have to start packing up and getting everything ready!!!

Never answered ur question earlier! - I'm nowhere near set for Christmas!!! Haven't had a chance to really think about it. I have most of his presents sorted - just gotta sort the family out next! Its pay day next week so it can wait til then!!

i've tackled my wardrobe last sunday, cleared out a lot of old stuff, i was really ruthless! have 3 sacks to go over to the charity shop with..
i packed all my summer stuff in cases, and stuff that i know i wont need over the next while! im not taking any stuff off the hangers im just putting them in those hany up bags and bringing them across, waste of time unhanging to hang them back up half hour later!!! Im lucky in the way we had to buy everything so its already in boxes so dont have that much packing to do!

just received this from yvonne;

I got the keys back yesterday to have them here as you will be closing soon. Could you tell me Danielle would you expect that you will move in the day you close? We are going to keep the insulation up on all the windows until such time as individual purchasers move in. So if you could let me know when you are ready after you close and I will send someone down to take the insulation off

Kind Regards
Yvonne

and this from our solicitor!

We have received in signed contracts from Dublin City Council. I will now send in the final documentation for the loan and look to drawdown on this next week. The date for closing has been set for the 17th of December but i will try and arrange this for next week if possible and i would advise you to inform the council also and help push them along.

its great things are really moving now! whooo!!!

Just got a call from Yvonne!

2 people are actually moving in today!

she said she has the keys ready to give us, as soon as she gets the cheque we can have them, she said we'll be the 1st moving in that have got private finance! she said someone is moving in today a cppl doors away from me!!! My solicitor said he'll give DDC the Cheque Tuesday so we'll be actaully getting the keys on the 9th!!!!!! oh my god im so excited!!!!

Just got Tues, wend, thur fri off work! im all hyper now!!!

find out off the bank when there finishing up i was told;

We're finishing issuing here on the 16th so we need all of ther documentation before the 12th so as long as we receive the hb47 on that day at the latest we can issue then

otherwise you'll be left waiting unitll after xmas!

I know, i'm bloody scared now ha ha!!! I booked in the installation of the alarm today as they needed notice for it - if i can get the floors in before Christmas Day then i'll be thrilled!!! Cuz then its just a case of boxing up and shifting things!!

hey! went out and ordered all my floorboards and carpet today!! told me i'll defo have it in for christmas - I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!

that's great news missis, having the floors down will make such a big difference! We've the sparks and painter booked for wednesday and then the tiler and carpenter for the folowing week! Painter is just going to do the hall stairs and landing we'll do the rest ourselves, just there the awkward part! Least I know what I'll be doing with my few days off!!
Need to pick out carpet for the stairs and i really want a cream one, everyone is saying I'm mad, do u think I am? What colour did u get?

i got a kinda beigy coloured one....its a real rough type carpet - my mam had that in the house in tallaght and its real good, long lasting carpet.... if anyone attempts to walk on my stairs with their shoes on, i'll cut their bleedin ankles off so they'll never do it again ha!!!

I know I'd be the same, that's what's good about having the loo downstairs they've no need to go up stairs!! Well unless your showing them around! I'm goning to be having little panic attacks if anyone walks on the floor in the living room with heals on,! We got solid for the living room and the man in the shop was saying b very careful, thinking back now I prob shud of getting semi solid might not of marked so easily, can't wait 4 tomorrow our solicitor will be drawing down to send the money to DCC!!!

Hi All

I received a letter from DCC yesterday offering me a veiwing for Cliften Terrace (I think) this friday. I was just wondering what to expect & If you could answer a few (probably stupid) questions?
It said to contact Lisney directly but it doesnt give a time or anything- do I make an appointment for a set time or is it an open viewing?

The letter is dated 30th Jan and I got it y'day but it says I have to submit mortgage approval prior to viewing by Thursday 5th (tomorrow!). How is that possible? Do you actually need to have it all organised ina day or do you just bring your 3k booking deposit?
It says 12units 3bed houses aprx 230-240k (but dont quote me Im not 100% sure of price bracket) there is no mention of clawback etc?

Also where exactly are they? Sorry!-:eek: Im not too familiar with the area - are they near the Parkwest end or towards Inchicore, Walkinstown end of ballyfermot?

And to anybody who has already moved in - how long does it take aprx?

What are the houses like? any pitfalls?

Id much rather have a house, I never thought Id get offered one!:)

Thanks for your help.

Hi Nuttybud, nice to hear from a possible new neighbour!
I moved into Clifden Terrace just after Christmas. My house was 230k, they are the 3-storey houses (attic is converted into the master bedroom). Houses themselves are lovely - you walk in the front door and have a door to your right which leads directly into the kitchen. Its a fitted kitchen and it looks out to the front of the house. Its open planned with a good size sitting room with an electric fire installed. There is also a downstairs toilet. Upstairs, there is a double bedroom (good size), bathroom which is tiled fully around the bath, and a single bedroom. Upstairs again and your into the master bedroom. All of the bedrooms have gorgeous built in wardrobes and they're of really big size! There is also a good size back garden. Front garden isn't so big but enough for one car!

The houses for 240k are 2-storey houses with a seperate kitchen and sitting room - really nice too. Also, the corner houses are still vacent, they are the 2-storey houses but have a huge front garden!

The area itself is fine, i've found it really quiet so far! Its just in off the main road in Ballyfermot, passed the Gala - about 5 minute drive from Inchicore.

The approval is just approval in principle for the minute - just a letter from the bank to say that they would lend you the money. I just filled in a form in the bank and they faxed me a letter the same day which i emailed to DCC. Ring DCC and get the number for Lisney to make the appointment - they do be on site all day for the viewings. If you don't think you will have the mortage approval in principle on time then just ring DCC and they will give you a couple of extra days. They did for me when i thought i wouldn't have it on time!

My clawback is 23% but make sure you get the house re-valued - our valuation was 290k but there is not a chance in hell they are worth that at the moment!!

Back