clawback percentages for citywest plaza?

Hi

yeah that is three of us at least, but i reckon that we will all be up for getting new management company

they give you a crappy break down but it is not really good enough, a friend of mine who had problems with a management company and got rid of hers said after you are in they give you the spending for the year and it should have listed down to the stamps they use send ing you out letters

i think i will probably sign soon enough but i dont reckon i will move in before christmas, i will take advantage of some sales i think, i will let you know where i am though,

i looked up the planning permission and my only query is the area at the back with the other round about and it looks like on the plans that they have planning permission for more houses/apartments there thats all

I reckon there shouldn't be too much to worry about the planning permission as there isn't much building going on these days. Although I suppose you never know in the future.
I wonder is there any sign of them allocating the car spaces?
I am also not planning to move until January as I am hoping to buy a lot of furniture etc in the January sales.

Hi, thats four now you will have to help with the management company:) Im due to request my mortgage cheque on fri, so should have my keys by sometime next week.

The auctioneers also told me yesterday that the car parking spaces are definately due to be marked, and that thats in our contracts

woo hoo there is 4 of us now

are you getting your keys on friday?? i got that book on living in apartments i will read it and see if there is anything interesting.. i think there is a good bit about management companies and how to set up new ones

I thought i would have my keys today, but things got delayed yesterday, just to do with the fixed rate and varible rates, and I have to have my mortgage changed so that will take a day or two, so hopefully I should have my keys by weds week.

Now do you know you can't just change management companies as handy as you think. First all the appartments have to be sold, and the theory is once that is done the management is passed to the tenants(us). But if the builder has a kept one of the apparments for himself or a son or daughter then they are never all sold!!! Thus we can't change management companies.

But if this isnt the case and all the units are sold we take over the management and can appointment a management company or if anyone has no life they can do it:rolleyes: We are members or something like that from the time we pay our fees

You need to be really carefull though messing with management companies, for example if they cant get the fees out of a particular appartment and say the insurance dosen't get paid, and there's a fire. You have, no appartment, no insurance but you still have a mortgage!! or if the management fees aren't all up to date you won't be able to sell your appartment either.

I agree our fees are way to high but the builders and the management companies have us by the short and curlies.........

Hi there Fran,would I be right in saying though the time to act would be after the first year when lets say all the apartments have been sold without the builder holding one and with everyone haveing already paid up there first year.Also went over to see Management company yesterday and have to say they weren't very nice to deal with I was told the chap dealing with our apartments "could only give me 5mins",he also maintains he feels fee's in this country should be in the region of wait for it.....4,500!.And he also said there contract runs fron 12th nov each year.

Hi there, yea your rite, apparently after the first year the builder should be out of the picture and we are now members of the board or something like that and its up to us to run the managing of the appartments.

We would have to have a commitee or something like that, and if we can be all adult about it we can run the management of the appartments ourselves or appoint another management company of our choice.

However you would need the backing i suppose of all tennants....why would we pay Eur2000 to cut a patch of grass over the next 30 years with inflation etc that patch would cost Eur70,000 alone to maintain(il do it myself if need be), thats what needs to get through to the other tennants....on the other hand Insurance, waste disposal and a sinking fund is vital also, so a level of fees has to remain.

In my brother's appartments the fees have gone up every year and the security camera's don't even work, his van was stole but he couldn't sue the management company because the cost of that would just be added into everyone's management fees the following year:(

HI

at least we are all toghether in wanting to get rid of the management company, the only downer about that is what if all the apartments have not been sold??? Because its a small complex we will not need a lot.

anybody any update regarding the car parking spaces, when i was at the solicitor she pointed out which one would be mine and it seems like a car is constantly parked there (no kidding even in the middle of the night)

i actually read a story in the tallaght echo regarding management companies and the one that they named and shamed was ours... 4500 a year are they kidding i would want my feet rubbed for that..

Hey Guys
can you tell me name of your management company. i am buying in BROADFEILD HALL by the way if you all stand together and take no crap from M.C you will be better off

I nearly had a heart attack when i was reading the threat regarding wickham point where it is 1800 a year (plus 200 for car parking )management fees but you get access to the gym and the conerierge

well it's like this if a car is in my space il just park up it's This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language and block them in:p.....no bother to me, i have to do it in work all the time, and if the space's arent marked i will be getting a tin of paint and doing me own, think il stick a jolly roger in middle.....maybe that will frighten people from parking there(Your all welcome to use my paint!!!!)

Apparently a guy in one of the appartments down past lidl on the other side had foreigners parking in his space all the time, he left notes on the car but nothing worked, he eventually painted his name accross his space.....class or what

Hi Fran

I got news from the solicitor that they have the contracts back and i have 2 weeks to sign

i was just wondering how did you get on with your snag list... did they sort all the things out ... or anything???

i put on the snag list that the car parking spaces needed to be numbered

who heard that the would be numbered.... i heard it from the solicitor but she said she heard it from a client.... not very solid information

sorry fran i was reading back the posts and its says you heard from the auctionner that the car parking spaces were due to be marked
was that lorraine??

Well I wouldn't trust anything that the auctioneers said regarding car park spaces. When I was on a mad one about the managemnt fees all of my emails and calls were ignored. In fact every time I ring that palce I am told Lorraine is out of the office.

i was told by TP Auctioneers last fri that the space's would be marked.

I emailed leeanne in Davy Hickey today and got this reply about five min's ago, she's very nice and quick to respond: This is what she emailed to me

" 1) As far as I am aware none of the apartments have hooks for the shower heads and so we will not be fitting same.

(2) The car spaces are intended to be marked. We have only just started closing sales and so the spaces have only recently been allocated on a map. The Management Company (O’Farrell Property Management) will be arranging same in due course.

The management company was appointed by us (i.e. the landlord).

I trust the above is in order and so you should get your solicitor to arrange a closing appointment "

The showerheads- I queried that last month and was told the same that they wouldn't be supplying hooks. I can't afford to get the bathroom done until next year anyway but I will have to sort something out in the short term.
I also queried the appliances that the one bed apartment on view had a fridge, washing machine and cooker already fitted.

just about the snagging, yea i was happy all the snagging was completed, my father's a foreman and he snagged my appartment, he'd said they well very well finished anyway.

It was very basic things that needed sorting, except the doors were damaged but they replaced two and repaired two, and when he went up on monday he was happy everything was done

They really are alright appartments and you shouldnt let the parking and management company dampen the excitement of getting your own place.

We can sort the management company in due course.....also sudocream is a lovely present to dab onto someone's car window(Oil based so it keeps spreading rather than rubbing off and mixed with water is lethal... :D)

Hi Jinnyjojo

Ive another email from leeanne from a few weeks back, the only thing we are getting is the extractor fan and wall tiles.....we have to get our own floors, washing machines, fridges etc

Hi Fran
well the good thing is I am not planning to move in until after Christmas as I want to get the floors done first so I will be hitting the January sales for the appliances. The person doing my snag can't do it until next week, but from what everyone else said it seems straight forward enough.

Back