clawback percentages for citywest plaza?

HI all

sorry i have been a bit distracted lately, finally got the last check done on the snag list

i have been told that the peep camera is going to me moved (so sorry i wil not be staring in you tube videos just yet)

so i am all set to sign for the new year, i have been dodging phone calls from my couch delivery place

when i was up there the car parking spaces were nearly all full, i did see a rough looking yoke getting out of a car and going in the back door into the shoe shop (note to self people in that shoe shop look scary)

Anyway

Merry Christmas all see you in the new year

Happy New Year Everybody. I have been checking out the sales for bargain prices on appliances and b&q seem to have the cheapest so far. Has any one come across any good deals in the sales?
I hope that Daveys have a solution to the car parking problem next week as I am now anxious to sign!

Hi

Happy new year

i forgot to look in the sales for house stuff i am going to go down and pick out floors this week and am all set to sign, i am going to ring leanne regarding the car parking spaces, i was talking to a friend who has an apartment and he said the spaces are numbered but they are numbered randomly (Ie apartment 1 has space 110 ) if you know what i mean

am deffo taking another trip up to ikea, i found out that they deliver for 100 euro and with the stirling so bad woo hoo

anyway will let you know any updates

Hi All

I was talking to Leanne and she told me that they did not number the spaces before christmas because it was too wet and they are going to randomly number the spaces

I told her that a lot of the spaces were being used by people working in the shops and they said since they manage the center too they would send something around

I also asked about visitor car parking (hey there is a credit crunch we might all be renting rooms ect) and she said that the shopping center could be used and that they dont plan on make it a paid parking until the luas gets there (to stop park and ride) and it would still be free parking for a few hours

she also said there is parking at the back of the center,

my solicitor decided not to answer the phone today, so that my friends is all i have for ye

Oh my friend who bought in new bancroft got a welcome kit thing with instuctions on heating ect, and is going to be shown how to use heating, Fran did you get any of this or did you just work things out yourself??

Hi All

Yea i got a welcome pack but i couldnt figure the heating from it at all....more like an installation manual..... David organised the guy who put in the heating to come around and show me exactly how to work it and he even set the timer for me....really nice chap

Hi Jinny jojo

no she did not say when they were numbering them, but according to leanne it was too wet before christmas

its good to know we get a welcome pack and instruction manual

Hi Jinny

have you rang the solicitors? i am going to try again tomorrow

i hear des kelly are good with the flooring they fit it too

am going to go looking at flooring on sat

I was in Des Kelly's on Saturday and the floor I was looking for was expensive so I am going to shop around. I haven't contacted the solicitor yet. I thought she would be straight on to me by now, but I am ready to sign once I know they are doing something about the car park spaces. I was up there a few weeks ago and I noticed that they had moved the temporary fence back a bit and there seemed to be some extra car park spaces. Did anyone else see this?

Hi

i am goin up tonight so i am going to check out the car parking spaces, am also going to ring the solicitors today (i also thought she would be straight on and am a little scared after our previous conversations)

also somebody suggested that i ask the builder for a little bit of paint for touch ups (you know if I scuff the walls getting the floor put in) wonder would they do this??

Haven't read thru' the whole thread, but I see a big yellow sign plastered on the entrance to Citywest Plaza saying 'e70,000 reduction' on properties there.

Hope you bought after that reduction!

Hey guys,

I got my keys the week before xmas and I said say it to Leanne about the car park spaces, she said they would be numbering them in time but not with our apartment numbers, she said there would be some sort of format for them eg A3 for apartment 300 and so on. But i think we should keep on at them about it.

Also I got my floors in Des Kelly and they turned out fab.

HI

the affordable housing scheme is different from buying them on the open market and that 70,000 reduction is off the beginning sale price

glad des kelly do a good job will check them out on sat

Hi

Ive put my deposit down on Citywest Plaza i have all my paper work nearly done but theres some issues creeping up. Firstly i got an independent valuer to value the apartment and then i went into property path to go through the clawback. I found out that SDCC have valued my apartment way over what i my valuer had said! Then i was told i dont have a designated car space, which is crazy!!! and the clawback percentage was in the region of 42%. They only tell you when you go into them which is very unfair as they know you probably wont argue. I was on to my solicitor and my managment fees are €1800 - i know thats not too bad as ppl are paying €2000+ but theres not really much maintaining to do in the building, i dont have a designated car space and no gardens!!!!
Has anyone else found out any info on these apartments and why they wouldnt go for them??? i just dont want to make the wrong decision and be stuck in something i cant sell eventually!

Guys i am find that mad that the council did not tell you your claw back % until after you signed, I was with DCC and found this out beforehand. Its so important to the figure you pay back at end. Re: Mgt fees that is hugly steep, my first year i paid mgt fee of 1300, 2nd year, 1400, this year 1550, so it tends to go up each year. Your mgt fee will not really be on what you get but also based on what the whole estate is getting, in an apt, you get buidlilng insurance, lights, lifts, cleaning, fire alarm maintenance, collection of bins, janitor (at least we have one), maintenance of any green area there or around your apt. Re Parking spots, the Mgt company dont look after this at all., this is the council who deal with this. We have a designated parking spot and this is on our deeds of our apt. Make sure this is so for when you wish to sell.

HI

regarding the parking spaces we just have exclusive rights to them also with the blaconys i know with balconys this is normal (perhaps to stop us building extensions onto our apartments)

Was up there the weekend and the management company (well im presuming it was them) put a combination lock on the bins stores and never let me know the combination for opening it!! they are really begining to get on my nerves. only by chance I met the head security man for the shopping centre and he told me what it was and also emptied some of the bin stores. He said that they have been emptying them.

i think once were all in it will be time to get rid of them!!

yeah we have to get rid of them, i drove up there and there is NEVER EVER parking outside the first block that was at 7 at night i saw the fence was opened up so the apartments accross the way have no excuse for parking in our spaces.

i am annoyed by this and i have not even signed

well guys and girls, im in the first block too and have moved in, have my keys since 31st Oct, and sofar I have parked in my own space 3 times!!!

however its the shops(Im convinced) that are using my space, I think im going to have to sit in the car some evening and approach them myself about not parking in my space......:mad:

Has any one heard from Daveys what they are going to do about the parking or more importantly WHEN they are going to do it? It sounds as though there will be no parking when we all move in!

Back