clawback percentages for citywest plaza?

I think i will get onto david hickeys to see about the parking

i drive by last night and twice today and no parking in the first block

just wondering, when you have signed and got the keys you have to ring up the buiilder to go with you to get a meter reading, am probably signing on friday should i ring him tomorrow to organise it

hi all, soome good news, some car park spaces were marked over the weekend, I tink it mite just be the ones that are occupied at the moment.

any idea whos is whos with the car parking spaces? they havent changed from the plans or anything have they?? there numbered wierd!!!

They numbered the spaces differently for security reasons but they haven't changed from the plans. Unfortunately my space is right at the back past the roundabout about a mile away from my apartment but it is better than no space!

yeah my parking is a good bit away from the my front door, whats the story with the bins, i tried getting in once and it let me with the code, then i went back later on and it wouldnt open, anyone know if code was changed??? if so , who do i ring to get it??

I rang the management company about the codes and he said they hadnt changed them and he would have someone go and look at them because a few people had rang about the same thing

he also told me its the same code for the other bins further up

Hi All,
Did any of you buy a one bed? I'm getting my AIP this week and am hoping to be offered a one bed in CWP or broadfield hall in Tallght so just wondering what they are like size wise and whether the appliances are built in options or stand alone?
Also I know the prices start at 127k for a one bed, but what price do the 2 beds start at (am fairly sure I won't qualify for AIP more than 150k at the moment).
Thanks in advance! :)

your percentage for claw back is very high, i'd question anything with a claw back at this price, while its fine at the start and you get the property for nearly half the price, when you go to buy them out the chances of you being able to afford 41% of the price value then on top of what you owe is very low.

Hi Micro. The two beds for citywest plaza start at €165,000. Now I heard that SDCC are revaluing the empty units at moment so they will have to reduce the clawback. I am not sure about the price. I haven't seen the one beds but none of the apts come with appliances which would be fitted, but not integrated and are of standard size

Hi Jinny,
thanks for the reply. I have been on to SDCC already asking them if I can take the one bed (according to TP ppl more into the 2 beds). The one bed would suit me fine at the mo, and it is much less expense considering how unstable everything is at the mo.
TP thinks the property is North facing- are all the affordable ones? I know the private ones have south/west aspects which of course would be preferable.
I know the apts have been reduced privately so fingers crossed the clawback will be reduced. As it stands 1 beds = 220k open market and 127k AH which is about 50% clawback.. not good!
I might pop out to see them Sunday. Reckon they are a good buy.. and jus tbeside a shopping centre (to spend the savings I am making on buying a 1 bed!)

Hi Micro,
You should definately have a look. I am not sure if mine is north facing but I have a balcony at the front and a terrace at the back. There is plenty of storage and they are a good size. It's a great location as well and the luas will be up and running by next January.
I am getting my keys today!

Hi Micro

as far as i know SDCC won't sell you a one bed apartment under the affordable housing scheme, some Eurpean thingy that all housing should be two bed or bigger and if you had a family in the future they would have to re-house you, so they need to avoid this. You could buy a one bed privately as far as im aware.

Jinny- Congrats on getting your keys! I'm very jealous! I went to have a look (from the outside) the other night. I was really impressed. I know the apts the CC have are on first and second floor. First floor was higher (and therefore safer!) than I thought it would be as the shops are high underneath. Can't remember now how many were on the shops side but they must all have a balconey on one side and terrace on the other?? Or are there other apts on the other side of the landing?

Fran- I don't know how many one beds they had but they do have one left for AH. At the moment there is 3 x 2bed and 1x 1bed left. No one has shown much interest in the 1 bed according to TP. I have told PP that I would be more into the one bed (the way things are at the mo with jobs etc, I'd rather not overstretch myself for the sake of a potential shoe storage room!). I just missed a viewing, so I'm down for the next one in a few weeks.. so fingers crossed :) All the others are 2xbed (except a few in Tallaght Cross I think) so if I want a one bed I'll be limited and I really like the location of these.

One thing though- can you use the underground carpark? I wasn't keen on the cars just sitting outside the block..

Hi micro.

You can't use the underground which is a bit of a pain. My car park space is about a mile away from my block as well so if you are buying make sure you know where the car park space is. You might get lucky and get one outside your block.

A mile?! Is it near Carrig Court? Hmm not sure I like the sound of that.. i woud rather it where i can see it!

Ok maybe not quite a mile, but it is closer to the redbrick houses at the end of the road than my block!

hmm that's quite a bit if I remember correctly.. I did think when we were viewing the outside that there were v few spaces for the amount of apts! Well I'll worry about it if I ever got offered one! Going to harass auctioneers later and see if they sold the one i like :)

Hi all

All your comments have been really helpful, im going to talk with the council tday re clawback etc... Im really looking forward to moving to Citywest, but by reading your comments i have a lot to sort out first!!

HI all that have moved in already- can you tell me if it's sky or NTL that you get? I presume sky is a no-no with the dish? Thanks :) Also the apartment I'm going to see is in the purple block - anyone else in there?

Back