Behaviour that annoys me about air travel...

If the guy in front of me reclines his seat, I get my 6yo to sit there and tell him that he will get a huge ice-cream in the airport if he can kick the seat 100 times inside one minute

Your chewing gum can also get lost in the strangest of places......

Another aspect of air travel that annoys me is the price and quality of food in the airport.

This is a good example.

Another aspect of air travel that annoys me is the price and quality of food in the airport.

This is a good example.

When I fly out of Terminal 1 in Dublin I buy food/coffee in the Spar in the walkway through the short stay carpark. Not airport prices.

That price seems reasonable compared to some pubs in this country

OK, but look at the quality of the ham. That's the re-constituted water-saturated slime-coated stuff you get in a pack of 8 for about €2 in a supermarket. And a couple of slices of brown bread. Anything over €3.00 is taking the P.

And in the city centre you can shop around. In an airport, you're stuck with what's in front of you.

Last edited:
When I fly out of Terminal 1 in Dublin I buy food/coffee in the Spar in the walkway through the short stay carpark. Not airport prices.

Boots have a good deal in Terminal 1 - Sandwich, Crisps or Fruit and a drink for €4.95 (i think). Unfortunately they're not in T2.

People like you also annoy me. I don't recline my seat when travelling in cattle class but I don't care if people in front of me do. They are perfectly entitled to.

They might be 'entitled' to but it doesn't mean it's not rude and inconsiderate.

They might be 'entitled' to but it doesn't mean it's not rude and inconsiderate.

Yes it does. As long as they don't do it when they are serving a meal, I don't see the problem. The seats are designed to recline at a certain angle. If you don't like it, pay for a higher class ticket or travel on an airline that doesn't allow seats to recline. I really don't see how using one of the functions of the seat provided is rude and inconsiderate. It's like saying that people who sit in the middle and who use the arm rests are rude and inconsiderate.

It's like saying that people who sit in the middle and who use the arm rests are rude and inconsiderate.

They are if they use both of them

If they don't like it they should have paid for a 1st class seat

It is no longer a Spar. I forget who runs it now. Someone like Wrights of Howth. The outside is painted black and there is a silver sign to add a touch of class.

It is definitely priced for an airport now.

They are if they use both of them

If they don't like it they should have paid for a 1st class seat

Same could be said if the person sitting in either the aisle or window uses both theirs. Do people really expect a life of luxuary when travelling? You are in a steel box with a couple of hundred people. There are going to be things that annoy you. You either live with it, buy a higher class ticket where you can enjoy a different level of comfort or just don't fly. Kicking seats and sticking chewing gum on people because they dare recline their seats is pitiful.

It is no longer a Spar. I forget who runs it now. Someone like Wrights of Howth. The outside is painted black and there is a silver sign to add a touch of class.

It is definitely priced for an airport now.

Yeah, it's not cheap. Getting milk and bread after getting off a late flight will set you back a bit!

Same could be said if the person sitting in either the aisle or window uses both theirs. Do people really expect a life of luxuary when travelling? You are in a steel box with a couple of hundred people. There are going to be things that annoy you. You either live with it, buy a higher class ticket where you can enjoy a different level of comfort or just don't fly. Kicking seats and sticking chewing gum on people because they dare recline their seats is pitiful.

Come on man - I was joking!

Yes it does. As long as they don't do it when they are serving a meal, I don't see the problem. The seats are designed to recline at a certain angle. If you don't like it, pay for a higher class ticket or travel on an airline that doesn't allow seats to recline. I really don't see how using one of the functions of the seat provided is rude and inconsiderate. It's like saying that people who sit in the middle and who use the arm rests are rude and inconsiderate.

Not everyone can afford to pay for a 'higher class' ticket or to pick and choose airlines. Seats were originally designed to recline when there was sufficient space between rows to allow for this. That is no longer the case so instead of deciding that they're 'entitled' to recline passengers on short flights should use cop on and consideration.

Back